+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - Employer Job Offer : Foreign worker stream

samishere

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
I have a SINP EE file in progress, and I am on LMIA work permit in Ontario with valid job offer. Can I apply for OINP EOI as it is open and withdraw SINP EE profile? Can there be any problems at a later stage? Will it be a faster way to get PR? Please advise.

hylian

Feb 24, 2020
NOC Code......
I have a SINP EE file in progress, and I am on LMIA work permit in Ontario with valid job offer. Can I apply for OINP EOI as it is open and withdraw SINP EE profile? Can there be any problems at a later stage? Will it be a faster way to get PR? Please advise.
Faster? Probably not. OINP is still using paper submissions which are taking around 6 - 8 months for AoR, and an estimated completion time of 21+ months. If you can get an EE stream application this will be significantly faster to process

samishere

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Faster? Probably not. OINP is still using paper submissions which are taking around 6 - 8 months for AoR, and an estimated completion time of 21+ months. If you can get an EE stream application this will be significantly faster to process
Thank you but what you mean by "If you can get an EE stream application this will be significantly faster to process". I submitted by SINP via EE online, isn't online way applicable for OINP?

hylian

Feb 24, 2020
NOC Code......
Thank you but what you mean by "If you can get an EE stream application this will be significantly faster to process". I submitted by SINP via EE online, isn't online way applicable for OINP?
Not the Foreign Worker Stream, no. You still need to submit it via paper.

OINP EE streams are: French Skilled Worker, Human Capital Priorities, Skilled Trades.

samishere

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Not the Foreign Worker Stream, no. You still need to submit it via paper.

OINP EE streams are: French Skilled Worker, Human Capital Priorities, Skilled Trades.
Oh I see. So, incase one gets nominated after submitting EOI then it will be entirely paper based application and won't have linkage to the EE profile. Did I understood correctly?

kapilarya85

Dec 29, 2020
Hi Guys,

I have few questions regarding OINP, Employer Job Offer - Foreign Stream.
My Wife is on Open work permit here in Canada and working with a employer for fulltime. She has prior 2 years of experience within 5 last years. Since she is on Open work permit - doesn't have LMIA. I am on closed work permit and she got open work permit when we landed here.

Now, Questions are:
1) Is she eligible to apply under this stream?
2) Is IELTS/CELPIP requires? If Yes then what is minimum criteria? I heard that this is not requires. So Need confirmation on it.
3) Do we need to get the WES done as well?
4) I heard that this is Paper based process not express entry? Is the process lengthy to get PR?
5) We don't need to create any express entry profile in this case?

6) I am also trying to understand the process that how it works? As I knew as per Canada gov website, It is as follows:
a) First Register for Expression of Interest (EOI) on OINP Website.
b) Then Once it is accepted then Province will send ITA.
c) Once ITA received then we need to pay fees and send all completed documents through courier to file for PR.
d) Once decision is made by Federal about our PR, we will be knowing if it is accepted or rejected.

Please let me know if this is the only process or I am missing any points here.

Note: I know I can wait for a year and then apply under CEC class after getting one year experience (which will be sometime Mar 2022).
I don't want to wait for that long if we have option to file for PR now. I also do not have any option to move out of Ontario. We both works in Ontario and have clear picture to work for another 3 years here only.

You prompt response will be appreciated.

Thanks

hylian

Feb 24, 2020
NOC Code......
1) Is she eligible to apply under this stream?
It sounds like it, yes.

2) Is IELTS/CELPIP requires? If Yes then what is minimum criteria? I heard that this is not requires. So Need confirmation on it.
No, IELS/CELPIP/TCF not required for this stream

3) Do we need to get the WES done as well?
I didn't need to - but if it's a NOC that requires education (engineer, doctor, lawyer, etc) - then maybe?

4) I heard that this is Paper based process not express entry? Is the process lengthy to get PR?
Yes - its a very long path. The OINP part is a few months, then the federal part can take 15-21 months, so you're looking at about 2 years total though some people seem to be getting their CoPR for PR quicker, but it's going to take at least 12+ months at the moment.

5) We don't need to create any express entry profile in this case?
No

6) I am also trying to understand the process that how it works? As I knew as per Canada gov website, It is as follows:
a) First Register for Expression of Interest (EOI) on OINP Website.
b) Then Once it is accepted then Province will send ITA.
c) Once ITA received then we need to pay fees and send all completed documents through courier to file for PR.
d) Once decision is made by Federal about our PR, we will be knowing if it is accepted or rejected.
The process has changed in the last few months so there most likely isn't anyone here who has first hand experience under the new process, but I am guessing it would be something like this:

1. Register for EOI for PNP
2. Receive EOI
3. Prepare documentation for PNP app and submit (usually given about 14 days to do this)
4. Wait for OINP to process (took about 2 months for me)
5. Prepare documentation for PR app and submit
6. PR process now begins
7. Wait for AR stage (application received - took about 5 days for me) -> 15-21 months processing estimate starts now
8. Wait for AOR - your application has now been picked up and will begin processing (takes about 7 - 8 months at the moment)
9. watch for updates

kapilarya85

Dec 29, 2020
It sounds like it, yes.

No, IELS/CELPIP/TCF not required for this stream

I didn't need to - but if it's a NOC that requires education (engineer, doctor, lawyer, etc) - then maybe?

Yes - its a very long path. The OINP part is a few months, then the federal part can take 15-21 months, so you're looking at about 2 years total though some people seem to be getting their CoPR for PR quicker, but it's going to take at least 12+ months at the moment.

No

The process has changed in the last few months so there most likely isn't anyone here who has first hand experience under the new process, but I am guessing it would be something like this:

1. Register for EOI for PNP
2. Receive EOI
3. Prepare documentation for PNP app and submit (usually given about 14 days to do this)
4. Wait for OINP to process (took about 2 months for me)
5. Prepare documentation for PR app and submit
6. PR process now begins
7. Wait for AR stage (application received - took about 5 days for me) -> 15-21 months processing estimate starts now
8. Wait for AOR - your application has now been picked up and will begin processing (takes about 7 - 8 months at the moment)
9. watch for updates
Thanks so much for replying!! It cleared my lots of doubts. Now, One more question, Suppose, I file for Province Nomination under Employer Job Offer: Foreign Steam and now scenario comes as:
1) Before even getting nomination/EOI, If I make an express entry profile and try to file under FSW and/or create a profile on Ontario website for nomination thru Ontario's Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream ? Is it possible? Can i follow two path simultaneously?

2) Or If I get nomination in 2-3 months and then I feel that my wife has good score in IELTS and feels we can file in express entry though, can i withdraw my nomination from Employer Job Offer? and can go thru express entry?

Thanks

hylian

Feb 24, 2020
NOC Code......
1) Before even getting nomination/EOI, If I make an express entry profile and try to file under FSW and/or create a profile on Ontario website for nomination thru Ontario's Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream ? Is it possible? Can i follow two path simultaneously?
I believe what you're asking is can you have applications open in both EE-HCP stream AND foreign worker stream? I believe so, though I don't know anyone personally who has done this. Note that you would still be required to pay all associated application fees separately, so two sets of fees.

2) Or If I get nomination in 2-3 months and then I feel that my wife has good score in IELTS and feels we can file in express entry though, can i withdraw my nomination from Employer Job Offer? and can go thru express entry?
Thanks
You do not need to withdraw, if you meet the requirements for CEC and want to apply that way after having submitted your paper PR app with nomination you absolutely can do that, it's the same as the above question where you'll need to pay two sets of application fees and you won't be refunded if they have started processing your application.

Note that EE applications received this time last year are only being finalized now.

Lets say your wife receives OINP nomination for foreign worker stream tomorrow, and submits a complete application via courier on Friday - she would most likely receive AoR in December/January.

As you said above, she may become eligible for CEC with 1 year work experience in March 2022, so she would need to put her profile in the pool and then wait for an invitation, let's say she has a competitive profile and receives an invitation in the next draw mid March 2022 and submits an application at the end of March 2022. It will still take a few months to receive AoR through EE process, by which point your previous PNP application would now have been processing for around 12 months and your new EE app has not started yet.

It would be worthwhile to submit a profile to the CEC/FSW pools in case of ITA anyway, but if eligibility for CEC is in March 2022 it may be better to hope for OINP foreign worker stream in the meantime.

kapilarya85

Dec 29, 2020
I believe what you're asking is can you have applications open in both EE-HCP stream AND foreign worker stream? I believe so, though I don't know anyone personally who has done this. Note that you would still be required to pay all associated application fees separately, so two sets of fees.

You do not need to withdraw, if you meet the requirements for CEC and want to apply that way after having submitted your paper PR app with nomination you absolutely can do that, it's the same as the above question where you'll need to pay two sets of application fees and you won't be refunded if they have started processing your application.

Note that EE applications received this time last year are only being finalized now.

Lets say your wife receives OINP nomination for foreign worker stream tomorrow, and submits a complete application via courier on Friday - she would most likely receive AoR in December/January.

As you said above, she may become eligible for CEC with 1 year work experience in March 2022, so she would need to put her profile in the pool and then wait for an invitation, let's say she has a competitive profile and receives an invitation in the next draw mid March 2022 and submits an application at the end of March 2022. It will still take a few months to receive AoR through EE process, by which point your previous PNP application would now have been processing for around 12 months and your new EE app has not started yet.

It would be worthwhile to submit a profile to the CEC/FSW pools in case of ITA anyway, but if eligibility for CEC is in March 2022 it may be better to hope for OINP foreign worker stream in the meantime.
Thanks so much!! That really helps me a lot!!

mura12

Oct 9, 2020
Good Evening. Did You hear that somebody has received EOA letter in case if the past foreign experience does not 100% matched to NOC in Your application like in my case?

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2021
Hi guys,
I applied for the PR paper based application after getting the OINP but I have not received any thing even the AOR for 8 full months.
anyone faced this?
Thanks

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
Finally I got Decision Made in ECAS. You can see my timeline in signature. Guys applying in this stream - Do not opt for this stream if you are unwilling to wait for 2 years.

Reactions: Amm2020