+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - Employer Job Offer : Foreign worker stream

pdrlins

Star Member
Jan 9, 2020
Hello all,

Is there anyone here applied to the ONIP foreign worker stream on Oct 21st ? Please share your timeline:

OINP Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker Stream

OINP Profile Created: Oct 21 '20

OINP Submitted: Oct 29 '20

OINP Assessment: waiting
First advice on this journey.
Use the people timeline around you as an "idea" but don't use it as a truth. Each person could be different.
Second
In a normal world, this process takes time... We are in the COVID 19 world, it could take more than expected.

Don't kill yourself...
I did that, it was really bad. =P

jugarsep

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
So, my wife called today and they told her that she is in "queue" and she is still inside the 60-90 days range, so she just has to be patient. Nevertheless, they also mentioned that it could take longer than that...

Submitted September 22 and it hasn't changed yet. "In-demand" skills stream.

amadio

Star Member
Jun 22, 2016
Yes, my application is still in the Submitted.

And I have a friend who applied for Master Stream open on Sep 30, his application has just moved to Assessment this week... so... it a long journey...
same here still submitted mine on 29th Oct so when did you submit your application?

amadio

Star Member
Jun 22, 2016
Yes, my application is still in the Submitted.

And I have a friend who applied for Master Stream open on Sep 30, his application has just moved to Assessment this week... so... it a long journey...
Usually it takes 4 weeks approx to move to assessment, some guys are lucky and get to this stage in 2 weeks and others in 8 weeks
First advice on this journey.
Use the people timeline around you as an "idea" but don't use it as a truth. Each person could be different.
Second
In a normal world, this process takes time... We are in the COVID 19 world, it could take more than expected.

Don't kill yourself...
I did that, it was really bad. =P
thanks for the advice .it is really a long journey but I can’t prevent myself from checking my status daily

Last edited:

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
Patience, patience and more patience guys. OINP is just 5-10% of the total patience time. Keep calm, we will all get there at the end ! All the best to all of us. Congrats and thanks to all who are PRs and are still helping us crawling people.

Right now, I am impatient :p

Last edited:

JA88

Nov 11, 2020
Hi Everyone, my OINP - Employer Job Offer : Foreign worker stream has reached the final stage as "Decision in Progress" at the moment, my submitted date is 7/31/2020. How long I need to wait for the outcome? I would appreciate it if anyone could let me know the timeline to get my PR after received my nomination approval. Someone say it's usually 15-19 months after the file is delivered to IRCC. Is this true? If so, it's really long time to wait.....
Does my wife whether can apply her spouse work permit after I received the OINP nomination approval?
Do I need provide the wages proof and job duty record to IRCC during applying the PR application. I thank you if anyone could share their experience on this progress.

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
Hi Everyone, my OINP - Employer Job Offer : Foreign worker stream has reached the final stage as "Decision in Progress" at the moment, my submitted date is 7/31/2020. How long I need to wait for the outcome? I would appreciate it if anyone could let me know the timeline to get my PR after received my nomination approval. Someone say it's usually 15-19 months after the file is delivered to IRCC. Is this true? If so, it's really long time to wait.....
Does my wife whether can apply her spouse work permit after I received the OINP nomination approval?
Do I need provide the wages proof and job duty record to IRCC during applying the PR application. I thank you if anyone could share their experience on this progress.
Most of our detailed timelines are in our signatures below. You need to login to be able to see signatures. A laptop is recommended. There are two links as well, in my signature below. Please take a look at them and update them.

1. Someone say it's usually 15-19 months after the file is delivered to IRCC. Is this true?
Ans: 100% true but also depends on lot of things. Goto https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html and choose economic immigration and then choose PNP. Mark Express Entry as no and see what happens.

2. Does my wife whether can apply her spouse work permit after I received the OINP nomination approval?
Ans: Assuming you are outside Canada - Whenever you apply for your employer specific work permit, your spouse auto qualifies for a open work permit. Nomination or not, this will be the case. Both can apply at the same time as one package.

3. Do I need provide the wages proof and job duty record to IRCC during applying the PR application?
Ans : Read the checklist and main page. there is a guide as well. Thoroughly go through that. Read all the sub-links and everything is well documented there.
Basically, you do not need IELTS, WES, proof of funds for this stream.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/provincial-nominees/application-process/paper.html

JA88

Nov 11, 2020
Most of our detailed timelines are in our signatures below. You need to login to be able to see signatures. A laptop is recommended. There are two links as well, in my signature below. Please take a look at them and update them.

1. Someone say it's usually 15-19 months after the file is delivered to IRCC. Is this true?
Ans: 100% true but also depends on lot of things. Goto https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html and choose economic immigration and then choose PNP. Mark Express Entry as no and see what happens.

2. Does my wife whether can apply her spouse work permit after I received the OINP nomination approval?
Ans: Assuming you are outside Canada - Whenever you apply for your employer specific work permit, your spouse auto qualifies for a open work permit. Nomination or not, this will be the case. Both can apply at the same time as one package.

3. Do I need provide the wages proof and job duty record to IRCC during applying the PR application?
Ans : Read the checklist and main page. there is a guide as well. Thoroughly go through that. Read all the sub-links and everything is well documented there.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/provincial-nominees/application-process/paper.html

Hi phanikiran.kara, well noted above and thank you so much for your help!

Reactions: phanikiran.kara

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
Folks filing PR application, please see this video as well. Someone asked me about Date of Birth Certificate. Your answer is in this video. -

Last edited: