Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
31-10-2019
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
Hi Guys ,Please help me with my situation , I am successfully registered today for a Employer job offer , I got the file number , I am working in closed work permit LMIA , my employer will not qualify for onip , In that case I found a new employer who can ready to help me with job offer , My question is Can i complete my ONIP process with different employer while working with current employer? . Please help me .
Much appreciated.
Thank you .
Yes, you can.... but you have 14 days to complete the application.... therefore, you should find an employer that agrees to sponsor you, and fills the Employer Form, within the next 2 weeks.

bbjeon38

Champion Member
Jun 1, 2019
Kitchener
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15-05-2020
Nomination.....
05-15-2020
AOR Received.
08-12-2020
Med's Request
30-12-2020
Med's Done....
28-12-2020
so this stream is not for someone who is going on LMIA approved job offer closed work permit, and eyeing for a nomination to get 600 points to get nomination thru EE?
If yes, can someone guide whats the best way to convert work permit into PR eventually..?
Still, does this stream helps to gain paper based PR even if someone is on work permit which ultimately solves the objective?
Thanks a ton!!
Nominee can get CRS 50 points for NOC A/B and 100 points for NOC 0 if he or she gets closed work permit. I am not sure of one year experience after closed work permit. If it requires one year experience under closed work permit, it doesn't have merit.

Please see following link.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/lmia-exempt-job-offer-canadian-experience-class.677964/post-8636175

Last edited:

chivinas

Apr 24, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
31-10-2019
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
I am changing the employer from the beginning of the ONIP process
If you have an employer that is willing to fill the form, you can make your application for that employer. Once you get nominated, you should change your work and start working with that employer. The certificate of nomination comes with a Work Permit Suppor Letter that you have to use to get a new closed work permit with the employer that sponsored you.

chivinas

Apr 24, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
31-10-2019
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
No, it gave

Nominee can get CRS 50 points for NOC A/B and 100 points for NOC 0 if he or she gets closed work permit. I am not sure of one year experience after closed work permit. If it requires one year experience under closed work permit, it doesn't have merit.

Please see following link.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/lmia-exempt-job-offer-canadian-experience-class.677964/post-8636175
That is if you apply via Express Entry under CEC. With one year of experience in Canada and LMIA job offer, you will have CRS 50 points for NOC A/B or 100 points for NOC 0.

bbjeon38

Champion Member
Jun 1, 2019
Kitchener
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15-05-2020
Nomination.....
05-15-2020
AOR Received.
08-12-2020
Med's Request
30-12-2020
Med's Done....
28-12-2020
That is if you apply via Express Entry under CEC. With one year of experience in Canada and LMIA job offer, you will have CRS 50 points for NOC A/B or 100 points for NOC 0.
Closed work permit which nominee is available to apply with work permit support letter also works. Close work permit is LMIA - exemption.

Danielari2016

Star Member
Jan 25, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
16-02-2016
AOR Received.
16-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-06-2016
LANDED..........
14-06-2016
If you have an employer that is willing to fill the form, you can make your application for that employer. Once you get nominated, you should change your work and start working with that employer. The certificate of nomination comes with a Work Permit Suppor Letter that you have to use to get a new closed work permit with the employer that sponsored you.

Awesome!
Are you positive? I have an employer (Kind, great guy) who is ready to offer all forms and supporting documents in less than a week.
Did you get PR thru this stream? could you please send me such a link if anything?
Much appreciated.

chivinas

Apr 24, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
31-10-2019
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
Awesome!
Are you positive? I have an employer (Kind, great guy) who is ready to offer all forms and supporting documents in less than a week.
Did you get PR thru this stream? could you please send me such a link if anything?
Much appreciated.
No, I didn't get PR yet, I am half of way... (in my sign you have a detail)
If your application is successful, you will receive a Nomination Approval Letter and a work permit support letter.... those papers are closed to the employer filled the Employer Form. All is explained here: http://www.mri.gov.on.ca/repository/oinp_en_worker.pdf. If you read point 6.2 explain the conditions of nomination and states:

"Your nomination is subject to the following conditions until you receive permanent resident status:
1. You must continue to demonstrate on a reasonable basis an intention to reside in Ontario; and
2. You must be employed in the approved employment position as of the date of nomination if you are already working for your employer in the approved employment position, or
if you are not, on the date that you obtain a work permit and begin working for your employer in the approved employment position.
• The conditions of your employment must remain consistent with those set out in the approved employment position, which include, but are not limited to the approved wage, the duties of the position, the hours of work, and any other terms of employment set out in the job offer letter.
• Section 6.2.1 below outlines your obligations if there are changes to the conditions of your job offer, or your employer offers you a promotion, or you are terminated."

Reactions: Danielari2016

rosamae

Star Member
Sep 17, 2010
The provincial nominee has 2 types of nomination, one that is under EE and the other one that is via paper-based.
This stream, Employer Job Offer, is paper-based, and occurs when you apply to the province and ask them to nominate you.

The nomination under EE is when they find you in the EE pool and give you an ITA, which is an invitation to apply, in that case is under EE and gives you the 600 points.

Thanks for this clarification. Another question though, what if I am on EE pool under CEC, with LMIA(definitely with job offer) but due to expire this year. Is there a possibility that OINP issue ITA to me? If yes, in what stream? is it foreign worker stream or under HCP?By the way, just like you I am not youth anymore, with almost 2 years Canadian work experience and need to retake expired IELTS to be able to include in CEC stream under EE.

gollum12

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
I think people still confused about the requirement of the stream:
https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-employer-job-offer-foreign-worker-stream

To apply for this stream, both you and employer will need to meet all the requirements in the link above.
There are few important points for employee requirements like NOC code, the median wage... as well as employer requirements like revenue, fulltime employee numbers, recruitment effort...

Last edited:
Reactions: chivinas

samishere

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
I think people still confused about the requirement of the stream:
https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-employer-job-offer-foreign-worker-stream

To apply for this stream, both you and employer will need to meet all the requirements in the link above.
There are few important points for employee requirements like NOC code, the median wage... as well as employer requirements like revenue, fulltime employee numbers, recruitment effort...
So if an Employer processed a LMIA position previously, isn't it same level of Employer information and requirement which was provided to Service Canada previously?
Secondly, I am not privy to specific Employer details submitted during LMIA, is it possible for you to point specific requirement changes?

samishere

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
If you have LMIA job so you have 50 points adding to EE profile, I believe with good English score it's more than enough for you to get PR. This Employer Offer stream is an option for people who are not comfortable with EE pathway for some reasons. If you have LMIA + good IELTS + young so there will be a lot of options out there. However, not all people have LMIA and youth.
Thanks buddy. While I do have LMIA+8 band IELTS but I am not youth, so my CRS points are not good enough to get direct Federal ITA. So, I think there are 2 options for me..1. gain experience thru CEC and apply thru federal ITA once CRS gets better. 2. Try to register again when this stream opens and let this process happen in parallel while I am gaining work experience points. I mean whichever process happens sooner to get PR.
Is my understanding correct?

guru prasad

Mar 17, 2019
Hi All,

I am able to secure a place in yesterday's program. I have 14 days to submit the documents. but my question is my employer does not support any of the detail (Except offer letter). but I can obtain some details from my colleagues. Do you guys suggest going ahead with the application. ? I have completed 2 years of 6 months in Canada and have a 1-year future work permit from now. Thank you. please advise at the earliest.

anmaridon

Jul 23, 2020
Hi! I need your advice everyone. I am on my term 3 student permit right now. however, an employer offered me an lmia for two years stay in the company. this means i need to change my student permit to work permit. is this lmia an assurance for me to apply for PR after two years? the lmia job that the employer offered to me is an NOC level C. should i proceed with my student permit with PGWP after or grab the lmia offer now? thanks

anmaridon

Jul 23, 2020
Thanks buddy. While I do have LMIA+8 band IELTS but I am not youth, so my CRS points are not good enough to get direct Federal ITA. So, I think there are 2 options for me..1. gain experience thru CEC and apply thru federal ITA once CRS gets better. 2. Try to register again when this stream opens and let this process happen in parallel while I am gaining work experience points. I mean whichever process happens sooner to get PR.
Is my understanding correct?
what is the best age range to apply?