Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
When you say you have booked your flight, have you already got another Visa to Canada?
Not really, booked flight 3 months ago assuming it just takes 2 weeks to apply for WP. However, just like everyone else, the lawyers screwed me, by taking their own time to apply for the permit. They took 1.5 months to file it, on 26th Feb for something that potentially takes 1.5 days. As of today it has no progress with promised timeline mentioned as 3 weeks. Lets see.

Due to corona virus, the non-refundable, non changeable flight has become a 1 time free change ticket. ;). Talking of Corona, how bad is the situation there? Here in California, we are working from home for the next few weeks.

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
Reactions: chivinas

chivinas

Apr 24, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
31-10-2019
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
I've done and sent my Canadian police check with the PR process.
where did you do it? the letter doesn't states if it's only me or my husband too... did you sent for both of you?

chivinas

Apr 24, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
31-10-2019
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
Interesting. I thought they can do it internally and always check the records themselves within Canada.
I just read this in other thread:

IRCC automatically runs name-based Canadian criminal record checks on ALL applicants, which is why you do not need to provide one for Canada.
However, if the name-based check comes back with a criminal record (meaning, someone with the same or similar name or same DOB has a criminal record), IRCC then requires a fingerprint-based criminal record check to determine whether or not, is the person with the criminal record.

Zozulia

Star Member
May 7, 2019
I have 2 questions. What happens with the process if you:
1) get pregnant
2) get promoted (new duties, title, salary)
AFTER nominee is received (so let's say your application is already in the 2nd phase, you have nomination and now applied for PR but it takes a while; during that time so many things can happen!)
So scenario 1 and 2 - will it cancel your application? What are the right steps to take? Any advises just to be prepared?

Thank you :)

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
1) get pregnant
AFTER nominee is received (so let's say your application is already in the 2nd phase, you have nomination and now applied for PR but it takes a while; during that time so many things can happen!)
So scenario 1 and 2 - will it cancel your application? What are the right steps to take? Any advises just to be prepared?

1) Nothing happens. Take care of yourself and enjoy your pregnancy :) .

But after the birth, use the webform of IRCC to inform them ASAP with details. Since kiddo will be a Canadian citizen, nothing much to be done except inform them (Will increase the proof of funds value). Not sure of any other implication. https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

2) I have this question too. If in the same NoC, but more salary, then it may be ok. But in any case, we need to inform OINP and ask them for further steps. ontarionominee@ontario.ca

Fecampos

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
where did you do it? the letter doesn't states if it's only me or my husband too... did you sent for both of you?
I don`t think they are asking for the same type of criminal check that @Fonca got. Because I already got a criminal check here in the police station for job purposes and they didn't get my fingerprints. And you said that in the letter received it is written "RCMP Criminal Record Check: You must provide a certified RCMP criminal record check based on fingerprints ".

I don`t know if there is more than one type of police check in the police stations based on fingerprints or not. If I were you I would check the website they indicated in the letter to get it right.

dthap

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
Not really, booked flight 3 months ago assuming it just takes 2 weeks to apply for WP. However, just like everyone else, the lawyers screwed me, by taking their own time to apply for the permit. They took 1.5 months to file it, on 26th Feb for something that potentially takes 1.5 days. As of today it has no progress with promised timeline mentioned as 3 weeks. Lets see.

Due to corona virus, the non-refundable, non changeable flight has become a 1 time free change ticket. ;). Talking of Corona, how bad is the situation there? Here in California, we are working from home for the next few weeks.
I dont understand why you booked flight. Do we need to book a flight for the work permit? I hadn't done one but submitted application for Work Permit

Regarding Coronavirus in Australia, everyone is panicking. People are stockpiling food and toilet paper. People are still working from Office.

chivinas

Apr 24, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
31-10-2019
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
I don`t think they are asking for the same type of criminal check that @Fonca got. Because I already got a criminal check here in the police station for job purposes and they didn't get my fingerprints. And you said that in the letter received it is written "RCMP Criminal Record Check: You must provide a certified RCMP criminal record check based on fingerprints ".

I don`t know if there is more than one type of police check in the police stations based on fingerprints or not. If I were you I would check the website they indicated in the letter to get it right.
Yes, I've already found out. There are two different background checks. One of them is based on name and DOB, and the other one is plus fingerprints. The first one is the one that runs IRCC, if they find a match (name or DOB), they ask you to go to get the other one, based on fingerprints. Both of them can be done at the police stations or there are some private authorized companies that also do it.

Reactions: Fecampos

GG12345

Sep 27, 2019
1) get pregnant

Q [1] Was already answered 10 pages back.
If child born after PR is different story but born while PR is in process, It needs to be communicated to IRCC by web-form. They will ask you to provide baby's birth Cert, Passport and the $150 fee receipt to add a new application which you will pay on their website. All these 3 documents should be sent in a single PDF upload that they will active for you. Also, make sure to provide bank statement /letter (supporting document) that will tell you have sufficient balance for the new family composition. This will not cancel or delay your application but surely will appreciate honesty.

GG12345

Sep 27, 2019
I just read this in other thread:

IRCC automatically runs name-based Canadian criminal record checks on ALL applicants, which is why you do not need to provide one for Canada.
However, if the name-based check comes back with a criminal record (meaning, someone with the same or similar name or same DOB has a criminal record), IRCC then requires a fingerprint-based criminal record check to determine whether or not, is the person with the criminal record.
Agree. Some applicants who are living in Canada from the past 2 years or more have not received RCMP request. IRCC apply certain factors to determine who needs RCMP. If no RCMP request received and BGC is already in process (and profile says that), that's perfect.

Some applicants decided to do RCMP up-front (even before filing), but still received bio-metrics request.

Last edited:

kumar143

Oct 8, 2019
Copy of the letter

"Hello,
We are pleased to inform you that you, your spouse and dependants can now receive free pre-arrival services funded by the Government of Canada. These services are available before you arrive and are meant to better prepare you for life in Canada.
Pre-arrival services are provided on behalf of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) by settlement service provider organizations. These service providers offer free information to help you with:
• Living and working in Canada; • Getting your education, work experience, and professional licenses and certificates recognized in Canada; • Connecting with employers, and with free supports when you arrive in Canada, including language training; and • Connecting with others in your new community, including French-speaking communities.
If you are outside Canada, we strongly recommend that you use pre-arrival services before you leave. We encourage you to explore the list of services on the IRCC website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/ new-life-canada/pre-arrival-services.html
When you register for pre-arrival services with one of the service providers listed on the website, you will be asked to provide a copy of this letter. You can contact as many service providers as you like and receive as many services as you need, and these services are always at no cost to you.
You are also encouraged to take advantage of free Government of Canada resources available online, such as Welcome to Canada, the official handbook to help permanent residents prepare to come and settle in Canada. The handbook is available at https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/pub/welcome.pdf.
Canada is a bilingual country where both English and French are spoken. If you are interested in living in a French-speaking community outside Quebec, please visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/francophone.asp. For up-to-date information on immigration, settlement services and citizenship, we invite you to join us on Facebook (Facebook.com/CitCanada) and follow us on Twitter (Twitter.com/CitImmCanada).
Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada"
THanks Fonca, i think this is to confirm for people in land or outside that you are now eligible for using pre-apprival services availbale within canada.

Reactions: Fonca and chivinas