+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - Employer Job Offer : Foreign worker stream

Smeesha

Jul 10, 2019
Ok I forgot about the LMIA part. Few things -- Does your employer qualify to get you the OINP nomination under this stream ? Are they big enough?
Did you do full research and read these links fully? Also, based on where in Ontario your employer is, be ready to pay C$1500 or C$2000 (GTA area). 100% of the questions you are asking are all there, clearly explained and documented including the employer forms etc.

Please do read and then decide for yourself (dont need to post answers) --
1. If your employer qualifies to get you OINP.
2. How do they plan to get you on board then? You can work for them in India (if they have a branch) for 1 year and then apply through LMIA exempt. If they dont have a branch and they dont have LMIA, then why did they offer you and is the offer still valid. Please do read, research and please post only specific queries in this forum for help.
3. Did you try EE route?

https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-employer-job-offer-foreign-worker-stream#section-4
https://www.ontario.ca/document/oinp-document-checklists/employer-job-offer-foreign-worker-stream-applicant-checklist
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/partners-service-providers/employer-portal/user-guide.html
Thanks for your feedback really appreciate. I understood every thing you explained.
I must to clarify above points with the employer before i follow this route.

In your 3rd point you said need lmia but this stream says if the office premises is in ontario (.my employer is based in ottawa) and u wish to offer a Job to foreign worker than u just have to show efforts to recruit a local candidate via advertisements or any other way but do not mention about LMIA .
But why you mentioned need LMIA ? Do you imply that if a candidate is not in canada they still need LMIA even if I opt for this stream to get oinp nomination.

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
Thanks for your feedback really appreciate. I understood every thing you explained.
I must to clarify above points with the employer before i follow this route.

In your 3rd point you said need lmia but this stream says if the office premises is in ontario (.my employer is based in ottawa) and u wish to offer a Job to foreign worker than u just have to show efforts to recruit a local candidate via advertisements or any other way but do not mention about LMIA .
But why you mentioned need LMIA ? Do you imply that if a candidate is not in canada they still need LMIA even if I opt for this stream to get oinp nomination.
I sent a PM. WhatsApp me. You seem to be very confused.

hylian

Feb 24, 2020
NOC Code......
Thanks so much for your guidance. I really am not aware of all this as this job offer was given to me last year and for work permit they informed me I need lmia approved job offer. I asked the company to apply for lmia but they found the process of lmia very lengthy and they told me that they dont have enough man power to handle this as its small business organization. So I left this hope but then few days back i saw this stream which does not need lmia so i asked my employer so he said he is still not able to find the right candidate and is willing support me for this stream as he is still interested in hiring me.
At present I am in India and my employer is based in Ontario so my job offer is for ontario.
There are a lot of different things happening here, first of all: you can't work in Canada without a work permit, unless you qualify for IEC - you generally cannot get a work permit without an LMIA.

Secondly, you only need to read back a few pages to learn that this stream is extremely competitive to get into - the stream was opened for 30 minutes (possibly less) last week and was promptly closed as it reached it's allocation.

Additionally, there are requirements based on how many employees the company you work for has, if this is too low you will not be eligible to apply for this stream anyway - I don't have specifics on numbers on hand but if there are less than 10 employees working there it could be difficult.

I would suggest looking at alternate ways to immigrate to Canada, there are other provinces which have easier requirements for PNP which you could look at.

Smeesha

Jul 10, 2019
There are a lot of different things happening here, first of all: you can't work in Canada without a work permit, unless you qualify for IEC - you generally cannot get a work permit without an LMIA.

Secondly, you only need to read back a few pages to learn that this stream is extremely competitive to get into - the stream was opened for 30 minutes (possibly less) last week and was promptly closed as it reached it's allocation.

Additionally, there are requirements based on how many employees the company you work for has, if this is too low you will not be eligible to apply for this stream anyway - I don't have specifics on numbers on hand but if there are less than 10 employees working there it could be difficult.

I would suggest looking at alternate ways to immigrate to Canada, there are other provinces which have easier requirements for PNP which you could look at.
Thanks for your reply i will keep ur points in mind and try to figure out what works for me. Appreciate ur feedback

GG12345

Sep 27, 2019
Thanks for your reply i will keep ur points in mind and try to figure out what works for me. Appreciate ur feedback
Also you may want to create an EE profile and work to improve the CRS score. There are chances of getting NOI if your score falls under certain range and NOC.

Reactions: Smeesha

Drupal

Sep 2, 2018
Hello seniors,

I submitted my file for OINP international student stream on March 8th and I am waiting to get nomination but I am not worried about it. I just have an question about POF or settlement fund for PR paper based application, do I need to show $18000+ For family of three ? I am already working so I dont think I need to show proof of funds. But I am not 100% sure so I need your helps.

in nomination form for paper application can I literally write down whatever I have in my savings account ?

Reactions: J20190911

dthap

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
I have applied for WP on Feb 26. Lets see if it impacts my PR progress in any way.

No update from the lawyers yet on WP and they took their own sweet time to file it. I dont like it when someone else handles my case, but in this case of WP that was the only way to go. I have travel booked on Mar 31 to Toronto and I am staring outside the window dreaming of the word "Certainty" .
When you say you have booked your flight, have you already got another Visa to Canada?

chivinas

Apr 24, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
31-10-2019
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
Ey!!! I just received a letter on my account requesting: :D:D:D:D

RCMP Criminal Record Check: You must provide a certified RCMP criminal record check based on fingerprints. Please check the CIC website (Obtaining Police Certificates) and refer to RCMP certificates in Canada for details on obtaining a RCMP Criminal Record Check. Complete all steps as instructed on the RCMP website. You will find the link below. http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/criminal-record-checks. This must be received at this office by: 2020/05/12

hj2019

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019

RCMP Criminal Record Check: You must provide a certified RCMP criminal record check based on fingerprints. Please check the CIC website (Obtaining Police Certificates) and refer to RCMP certificates in Canada for details on obtaining a RCMP Criminal Record Check. Complete all steps as instructed on the RCMP website. You will find the link below. http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/criminal-record-checks. This must be received at this office by: 2020/05/12
congratulations, one more step.
is this part of background check?

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020

Interesting. I thought they can do it internally and always check the records themselves within Canada.