+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - Employer Job Offer : Foreign worker stream

dthap

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
Congrats and I see the same. But go ahead and give your Biometrics ASAP using the email pdf forms. After a few days, the biometric data ID and date of biometrics will showup on the top right corner. The status will still show "We do not need fingerprints" even after they are done. So, ignore the page and go ahead.

The percentage of progress is also dummy. Ignore it. It increases 1% each week and is just a calculation based on the estimated end day of your application processing (1 year 6 months later date).
Do you think 1% per week increase is set up to increase automatically? I am experiencing the same percentage increase.

gollum12

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
The fact that you have a representative means nothing to the province.
Thanks a lot, I will keep close looks on the programs everyday after I got my job offer then...

Yes OINP will ask for this proof at some point. In my case, they asked.
Just to be sure, may I ask if I'm in Canada with an open work permit, does my employer need to show efforts of recruitment of Canadian citizen till?
In the Employer Guide, they list it as (as applicable), but it's not really clear for my case.

Thanks.

altaf350

Oct 23, 2017
Thanks a lot, I will keep close looks on the programs everyday after I got my job offer then...

Just to be sure, may I ask if I'm in Canada with an open work permit, does my employer need to show efforts of recruitment of Canadian citizen till?
In the Employer Guide, they list it as (as applicable), but it's not really clear for my case.

Thanks.
Copied from Employer's guide document (Pages 5 & 6)

For employers supporting applications under the Foreign Worker and In-Demand Skills streams, you are required to demonstrate reasonable recruitment efforts if the applicant is:
  • an individual currently living abroad,
  • visiting Canada, or
  • working in a province or territory other than Ontario.

For employers supporting applicants under the Foreign Worker and In-Demand Skills streams, you are not required to demonstrate reasonable recruitment efforts if:
  • the applicant is an individual authorized to work in Ontario; or
  • you have a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) for the exact National Occupational Classification (NOC) code and position being offered to the applicant.
Please look which one do you satisfy. From what I understand, you're in Canada (specify which province). If you're from Ontario and having open work permit, your employer don't need to show recruitment efforts. If you're from other provinces and got employed by Ontario, thinking of moving to Ontario, then I suggest, get employed (start your job), have ties with province and then look into applying under this stream.

Cheers

Last edited:

Fonca

Oct 24, 2019

Thanks.
I was in this situation. My employer didn't have to do it.

pdrlins

Star Member
Jan 9, 2020
Hey all,
I have a question for who got the AOR already.

How is it happen?
Do I receive anything by email, letter or I have to check on a website?

Reactions: J20190911

chivinas

Apr 24, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
31-10-2019
AOR Received.
30-01-2020

Thanks.
Same here! I am in open work permit and my employer didn't have to show efforts of recruitment.

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
Thanks for it reply can you suggest me what kind f proof will be acceptable as i am planing to arrange all the necessary documents and believe that this is most crucial as I am outside Canada and wish to get nominated
Thanks once again
Query went to employer and they responded. Not me. basically they would like to seek info on the efforts made to hire a local.

Reactions: Smeesha

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
Do you think 1% per week increase is set up to increase automatically? I am experiencing the same percentage increase.
Yes it looks like it is dummy. We have cross verified with @GG12345 who is an express entry candidate. For them the end date is about 6 months and their percentage seems to be increasing based on that as well, irrespective of whats actually happening at the background.

We even have a simple formula for it. See page 118 for more details --
Paper PR Profile Progress % = (Number of days since AR ) * 100 / 547
Express Entry Profile Progress % = (Number of days since AR ) * 100 / 180

547 and 180 represent number of days for processing these applications on an average (From AR to CoPR).

Last edited:

GG12345

Sep 27, 2019
After and before application is submitted--

[1] Each application is different but processing time will also depend how organized and non-ambiguous application is. It's applicant's duty to provide ALL required documents with following the required details. IRCC Officer should not struggle a lot while reviewing your documents.
[2] Do your homework before sending the application to avoid any basic mistakes that will result into refusal. Adding additional/supporting documents is good idea but those should be well organized to avoid any confusion.
[3] Once submitted, follow other AOR forums and decide your strategy when to contact IRCC ( via a web-form/ calling/ GCMS notes)
[4] Applicant can order GCMS note every month but It makes sense to order those after specific interval of months and knowing your current status.
[5] Decode comments/observation seen on GCMS notes and take action pro-actively.
Example: If one of the document did not have job duties, you can submit a new letter. You can save your application being pro-active.
[6] If passport is renewed or child is born, IRCC should be notified with the new information. Web-form is best tool to clarify and know your steps.
[7] Do not rely on online profile status or progress %. It's totally useless. I will write separate post to explain why.
Sometimes customer call do not provide the right information or simply deny to share info. So, In order to know exact status, try this [1] Call IRCC and then wait for at least 2 weeks and [2] Submit another web-form for status. Keep in mind, the web-form status wins.

Last edited:

gollum12

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Please look which one do you satisfy. From what I understand, you're in Canada (specify which province). If you're from Ontario and having open work permit, your employer don't need to show recruitment efforts. If you're from other provinces and got employed by Ontario, thinking of moving to Ontario, then I suggest, get employed (start your job), have ties with province and then look into applying under this stream.

Cheers
Same here! I am in open work permit and my employer didn't have to show efforts of recruitment.
Thanks for your details answer and confirmations.
I appreciated it. :)

If this is the case, then my documents are mostly finished... just waiting for the stream... hopefully the next one will not as crazy as the last one :(