+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - Employer Job Offer : Foreign worker stream

Fonca

Oct 24, 2019
I've just read all the postings... My heart is breaking for all of you that couldn't apply today. Everyone in this stream knows what an investiment it is to come here, study, work, and try a better life away from our home country and family - mainly when you are not that young anymore to EE stream...
I hope you can find a way, search other oportunities, the Atlantic Provinces, the Northen pilot... I was preparing myself for all these searches, but I could apply here and got nominated.
The best advice I can give is: RESEARCH - nobody and no agency can give you all the answers, you are the master of your ship, go and do it! Look for your answers on official sites.

Good luck!

rfc_club

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
I still don't have my form yet so just express my feeling for your fight today. I understand the depression and sadness for waiting over 2h and gained nothing.
Just have some numbers to share: 2018 International Student is 1254 and Foreign Worker is 934.
I assumed that the same number was reserved for 2019, and maybe the same number is reserved for 2020.
But today we have over 5000 spartans for 2000 slots. I don't know if they will open those streams again in 2020 or not, unless they double the number up to 4000.
I am really depressed now, but thanks Fonca for your encouragement.

Reactions: Fonca and hylian

Nosyllek

Nov 24, 2019
I still don't have my form yet so just express my feeling for your fight today. I understand the depression and sadness for waiting over 2h and gained nothing.
Just have some numbers to share: 2018 International Student is 1254 and Foreign Worker is 934.
I assumed that the same number was reserved for 2019, and maybe the same number is reserved for 2020.
But today we have over 5000 spartans for 2000 slots. I don't know if they will open those streams again in 2020 or not, unless they double the number up to 4000.
Please, where did the 2020 figures from? That must be a website with privilege info

seena

Apr 30, 2015
How do you know 5000 has applied today??

Means really??? 5000 in just 30 to 40 minutes window??
And last year the stream was opened almost for 5 months....

rfc_club

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oinp-employer-job-offer-foreign-worker-stream.651768/post-8519778
hylian was 4600 and it was 1:21 PM so 5000 is optimistic guessing.

For 2000 intakes you can go to https://www.ontario.ca/page/2019-ontario-immigrant-nominee-program-updates
2018 they have 6850 for all streams and 2000 for employer job offer.
2019 is 7350 , you can find it in the same page for 2020. They don't have number for Employer Job Offer but I guess it should around those numbers since they shared some slots for their rural pilot program.
From those numbers I predict that this year total number maybe drops in 8000-9000 for Ontario.

I assume we have 8000, then we can make a guess for Employer Offer stream:
At least 1000 for master stream.
at least 2000 for employer stream
at least 3000 for remains ?
Actually 2000 is not a big number for a computer system.
For today whether they can make registration number up to 2000 or not I'm not sure and I really hope that I'm wrong !!

However, I assume they will increase the number so we still have 8000-6000 = 2000 slots left for all streams. And employer offer can get 500.
So, I really hope we still have a small chance that they will open it again.

hylian

Feb 24, 2020
NOC Code......
How do you know 5000 has applied today??

Means really??? 5000 in just 30 to 40 minutes window??
And last year the stream was opened almost for 5 months....
I don't think they were speaking actual facts. What we know officially is there are around 7500 spots available across ALL the streams, how they allocate spaces to each individual stream is not public knowledge. In previous years we have seen them open a stream and close it immediately if it's overwhelmed. We've also seen them post an update a few days later apologising for this issue and have opened it again - there's still a possibility this might occur.

In today's case they opened two streams at once which was probably poor planning on their behalf. As other users have mentioned, the stream then opened again in September without as much fanfare. I dare say todays issues are more about the international student stream and not the employer offer stream. It doesn't make sense anyway, employer offer stream has so many requirements I doubt there are that many genuine users that meet them.

As at 10:30pm there's still a 30~ minute wait to get into the portal - so I guess there's a lot of people who can't read and expect it still to be open!

Reactions: rfc_club

seena

Apr 30, 2015
I don't think they were speaking actual facts. What we know officially is there are around 7500 spots available across ALL the streams, how they allocate spaces to each individual stream is not public knowledge. In previous years we have seen them open a stream and close it immediately if it's overwhelmed. We've also seen them post an update a few days later apologising for this issue and have opened it again - there's still a possibility this might occur.

In today's case they opened two streams at once which was probably poor planning on their behalf. As other users have mentioned, the stream then opened again in September without as much fanfare. I dare say todays issues are more about the international student stream and not the employer offer stream. It doesn't make sense anyway, employer offer stream has so many requirements I doubt there are that many genuine users that meet them.

As at 10:30pm there's still a 30~ minute wait to get into the portal - so I guess there's a lot of people who can't read and expect it still to be open!
May God ...reopen this stream and we all successfully apply for oinp.... aamen

Other than Ontario update page ...whatelse we can see the streams are reopen (if it opens) ??

Reactions: Karthicks88

seena

Apr 30, 2015
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oinp-employer-job-offer-foreign-worker-stream.651768/post-8519778
hylian was 4600 and it was 1:21 PM so 5000 is optimistic guessing.

For 2000 intakes you can go to https://www.ontario.ca/page/2019-ontario-immigrant-nominee-program-updates
2018 they have 6850 for all streams and 2000 for employer job offer.
2019 is 7350 , you can find it in the same page for 2020. They don't have number for Employer Job Offer but I guess it should around those numbers since they shared some slots for their rural pilot program.
From those numbers I predict that this year total number maybe drops in 8000-9000 for Ontario.

I assume we have 8000, then we can make a guess for Employer Offer stream:
At least 1000 for master stream.
at least 2000 for employer stream
at least 3000 for remains ?
Actually 2000 is not a big number for a computer system.
For today whether they can make registration number up to 2000 or not I'm not sure and I really hope that I'm wrong !!

However, I assume they will increase the number so we still have 8000-6000 = 2000 slots left for all streams. And employer offer can get 500.
So, I really hope we still have a small chance that they will open it again.
I dont understand why they only apply tech draws?? They should do general draws for all of us who badly needs to apply ... dont know what to say ...so heartbroken

Reactions: Pgill2609

Fonca

Oct 24, 2019
May God ...reopen this stream and we all successfully apply for oinp.... aamen

Other than Ontario update page ...whatelse we can see the streams are reopen (if it opens) ??
You should check other forums. This one is specifically for those who are discussing this stream.
Good luck!

chivinas

Apr 24, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
31-10-2019
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
when it will be reopen and it is possible to complete application in that short time like one hour
You don't need to complete the application. You only need to register and reserve your spot. After that you will have 15 days to complete the application

chivinas

Apr 24, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
31-10-2019
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
when it will be reopen and it is possible to complete application in that short time like one hour
You don't need to complete the application. You only need to register and reserve your spot. After that you will have 15 days to complete the application

Reactions: hello2020

madavila03

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
What is the more efficient way to find when the stream re-opens? I’m following the Ontario updates and now this forum. But with these crazy queues I’m looking for something that can pop up notifications in my cell phone ... Am I asking too much ?