+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - Employer Job Offer : Foreign worker stream

Smeesha

Jul 10, 2019
I have observed mostly u all are based already based in Canada and applying under this stream. I hope they even grant PR under this stream to people who are applying from outside Canada. Also I wish to ask if they anyone can anticipate whether they are going to reopen this stream in near future or this stream is been replaced by in demand occupation stream

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
I have observed mostly u all are based already based in Canada and applying under this stream. I hope they even grant PR under this stream to people who are applying from outside Canada. Also I wish to ask if they anyone can anticipate whether they are going to reopen this stream in near future or this stream is been replaced by in demand occupation stream
I think it will open up as they don't say it's cancelled forever. However, the quota would be small and the window of open dates will also be limited. So, you may want to check daily and reserve your spot. You have 14 calender days from the date you reserve your spot before you submit the application. So, better to keep as many things ready as possible. Also note that this stream does not qualify for express entry. It takes up to 19 months to get the PR in this stream and is paper based. You will have to come on Work Permit in the meanwhile.

I have applied from outside Canada and currently out of Canada (Outland).

Reactions: chivinas

Raj D

Feb 17, 2020
This is great forum,thanks for you helpful posts.. please give me some perspective on my dilemma.
I work in MNC which has office in Ontario, I am looking for Internal Transfer to Ontario Canada from India. I am looking for quick route to PR after the transfer. I see there are 2 below options to proceed.

opt 1. Go via via the OINP Job Offer Foreign stream. Since there is no Express Entry/IELTS/ECA requirement here.
a. Can my Company apply for me in this stream ? or I need to do it ?
b. what is time line in this case , I see the Nomination comes within 3 months will I get Work permit after nomination to come to Canada and then apply PR . how much time PR will take ?
c. Can my spouse also get work permit in this stream after OINP nomination ? and is it easy for spouse to get job with spouse work permit in same way like PR has chances ?

Opt 2. Ask my company to apply Work visa, then move to Canada, work 1 year and then apply PR with Express Entry OINP Human capital CEC stream. My age is high so I wont be having good CRS score , this route can take many more years to get PR and lots of uncertainty.
c. Can my spouse also get work permit if I have Work permit without PR and is it easy for spouse to get job with spouse work permit in same way like PR has chances ? my spouse dont want to quit good job and come to Canada and become homemaker until PR.

pls give some recomendation.

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
This is great forum,thanks for you helpful posts.. please give me some perspective on my dilemma.
I work in MNC which has office in Ontario, I am looking for Internal Transfer to Ontario Canada from India. I am looking for quick route to PR after the transfer. I see there are 2 below options to proceed.

opt 1. Go via via the OINP Job Offer Foreign stream. Since there is no Express Entry/IELTS/ECA requirement here.
a. Can my Company apply for me in this stream ? or I need to do it ?
b. what is time line in this case , I see the Nomination comes within 3 months will I get Work permit after nomination to come to Canada and then apply PR . how much time PR will take ?
c. Can my spouse also get work permit in this stream after OINP nomination ? and is it easy for spouse to get job with spouse work permit in same way like PR has chances ?

Opt 2. Ask my company to apply Work visa, then move to Canada, work 1 year and then apply PR with Express Entry OINP Human capital CEC stream. My age is high so I wont be having good CRS score , this route can take many more years to get PR and lots of uncertainty.
c. Can my spouse also get work permit if I have Work permit without PR and is it easy for spouse to get job with spouse work permit in same way like PR has chances ? my spouse dont want to quit good job and come to Canada and become homemaker until PR.

pls give some recomendation.
Opt 1 :
a. Any one of you can do it. It requires many forms to be filled by you as well as your employer. Both of your participation is required. Its not a simple fill and submit form from employer. It requires quite a lot of internal details which your employer needs to provide such as registration number, turnover etc.
b. OINP Foriegn worker stream is a Paper PR process and will take 15-19 months at max if your application is straightforward. Once you get OINP nomination, you can apply for PR immediately and parallelly apply for Work Permit. Since its intra company transfer, I guess you would be LMIA exempt, for work permit. OINP nomination also makes work permit LMIA exempt.
c. Spouses usually get an open work permit. He/She can work anywhere and getting a job is purely merit based.

Opt 2:
Calculate your scores simulating 1 year experience. If its near 470-480., then you may take a chance and wait for an year as EE is faster route. However be prepared to go through the WES and IELTS process.
c. Spouse work permit is usually open, irrespective of PR. No issues.

Which path to take depends on your rapo with your employer, the duration of your assignment, yours and your spouse's age, English skills, NOC code and many other factors. Its difficult for anyone to suggest a path. But if I had to pick one, I chose another route -> Come to Canada on Work Permit and see the local market for yourself and your spouse. If you like the lifestyle etc, then use the local employer's help (Canadian branch) to apply for OINP. Then slowly but steadily complete the PR process.

Last edited:
Reactions: chivinas and Raj D

GG12345

Sep 27, 2019
Query to folks who got AoR. Did you guys receive Biometrics request? If so, how long after the AoR email?
Bio-metrics request, medical tests passed(MEP) update expected within 30-45 days of AOR. Some people also get ADR to submit Schedule A/family form/ PPRF request/ RCMP (If physically present in Canada) during this time-frame. No need to get alarmed. Then comes a big step called "Eligibility review".
Did you find what all stages are slower EE vs. paper based? so far I see initial steps are in same pace like EE as progress bar is available for few folks.

Raj D

Feb 17, 2020
Opt 1 :
a. Any one of you can do it. It requires many forms to be filled by you as well as your employer. Both of your participation is required. Its not a simple fill and submit form from employer. It requires quite a lot of internal details which your employer needs to provide such as registration number, turnover etc.
b. OINP Foriegn worker stream is a Paper PR process and will take 15-19 months at max if your application is straightforward. Once you get OINP nomination, you can apply for PR immediately and parallelly apply for Work Permit. Since its intra company transfer, I guess you would be LMIA exempt, for work permit. OINP nomination also makes work permit LMIA exempt.
c. Spouses usually get an open work permit. He/She can work anywhere and getting a job is purely merit based.

Opt 2:
Calculate your scores simulating 1 year experience. If its near 470-480., then you may take a chance and wait for an year as EE is faster route. However be prepared to go through the WES and IELTS process.
c. Spouse work permit is usually open, irrespective of PR. No issues.

Which path to take depends on your repo with your employer, the duration of your assignment, yours and your spouse's age, English skills, NOC code and many other factors. Its difficult for anyone to suggest a path. But if I had to pick one, I chose another route -> Come to Canada on Work Permit and see the local market for yourself and your spouse. If you like the lifestyle etc, then use the local employer's help (Canadian branch) to apply for OINP. Then slowly but steadily complete the PR process.
Thanks Phanikiran... Even assuming 1 year work in canada my CRS score is only around 400.. looks like i will never get PR even with PNP draw..
Opt 1 is my best chance but even that has uncertainty since we never know when it opens for accepting applications

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
Thanks Phanikiran... Even assuming 1 year work in canada my CRS score is only around 400.. looks like i will never get PR even with PNP draw..
Opt 1 is my best chance but even that has uncertainty since we never know when it opens for accepting applications
In that case, yes, go with OINP. Keep watching the links below.. It opens and closes very quickly. Read this entire thread from page 1 and be prepared with what you need because you just have 14 calendar days to submit the application once the stream opens, otherwise it will auto close.

Follow the links below
https://www.ontario.ca/page/2020-ontario-immigrant-nominee-program-updates
https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontario-immigrant-nominee-program-oinp
https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-employer-job-offer-foreign-worker-stream

mrosso

Sep 9, 2017
London, ON
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
10-02-2020
For those who already submitted the PR application package and had to translate documents:

Did you send the original translation document provided by the certified translator or a copy?
(my translator is emailing my documents today, but it takes a few days for the original copies to arrive by mail)

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
For those who already submitted the PR application package and had to translate documents:

Did you send the original translation document provided by the certified translator or a copy?
(my translator is emailing my documents today, but it takes a few days for the original copies to arrive by mail)
The P7000 form clearly gives you information about this. See the section "Translation of documents". I see that you need to submit the certified copy of the original document. I personally think submitting the original should be fine as well. But submitting a non certified copy is a big no-no --
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-p7000-application-permanent-residence-provincial-nominee-class.html

mrosso

Sep 9, 2017
London, ON
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
10-02-2020
The P7000 form clearly gives you information about this. See the section "Translation of documents". I see that you need to submit the certified copy of the original document. I personally think submitting the original should be fine as well. But submitting a non certified copy is a big no-no --
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-p7000-application-permanent-residence-provincial-nominee-class.html
Thanks for the reply. I've read this section before, but it's not clear to me if the translation itself should be original. It's clear that the copy of the original document should be certified, but they don't mention if you need to send the original translation (the document that the translator provides) or if a copy would be fine - they only say "the English or French translation".
I can get a certified copy of the translation, but I wonder if it's ok not to send the originals.

The only moment they clearly say the translation should be original is for the police certificates:
"You must include both the police certificate and the original copy of the translation."

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
Reactions: lamariposa

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
Ok what a day! I just received my AoR as well as Biometric request. Not sure how I got Biometric request right away.