Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
@Fonca, you are right... @phanikiran.kara, you only have to create and send two self-adhesive labels with your data (name, address, etc.) and put in your envelope. They will use them in case they have to submit your application back (if something is wrong or missing). No envelope nor postage is needed.
Regarding the envelope to send the application, I used "Canada Post Priority," which is with tracking. I put all my papers organized in the same order of the checklist (as @Fonca told you) in a folder. When I went to the postal mail, this folder did not fit in the box, so they give me a big plastic envelope (those with burbles), I put the folder inside and folded the bag so that the shipment was the size of the folder (9” x 12”).
I hope this helps you!
Thanks @chivinas and @Fonca .. I am sadly stuck with my spouse police clearance. Its been 3 months now and I am not sure where to go and what to do. Will followup with consulate again in a week and see what comes out.

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
Cool thanks atleast that part is good, what about medical test ? Do we need to do now ?

I applied for India PCC the consulate people took our original passports .. heck I have not seen or heard such thing for other countries I think .. ppl hv to just submit online and submit few copies not originals though
Welcome to the loop. I am stuck since 3 months in this loop. Hope your stuff moves smoothly.

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
It's incredible! I got mine online within 3 hours of completing the info in the web page :(
USA police clearance takes 3 seconds if you are willing to spend US $50 at a USPS center. UK takes about a week, completely online and the most professional looking document with photo on it. India one is based on luck. Unfortunately, no SLA or any deadline time as well. It can virtually take forever. :(

Last edited:

rosamae

Star Member
Sep 17, 2010
Also, this work permit is LMIA exempt and closed to the employer who filled your employer form.
This thread is helping me out too, as I don't have any choice but to apply OINP. Hope you don't mind asking below and thanks for sharing these information.

Does it mean we need to stay with the employer who filed the employer form?Until when are we going to stay with that employer? Is there a chance to get an open work permit using the nomination paper? If not when are we going to apply for an open work permit then?

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
This thread is helping me out too, as I don't have any choice but to apply OINP. Hope you don't mind asking below and thanks for sharing these information.

Does it mean we need to stay with the employer who filed the employer form?Until when are we going to stay with that employer? Is there a chance to get an open work permit using the nomination paper? If not when are we going to apply for an open work permit then?
Yes you should stay with the employer. However, when you apply for PR and get acknowledgement of receipt, your next extension of the work permit will be an open work permit.

Reactions: Aryan888

chivinas

Apr 24, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
31-10-2019
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
USA police clearance takes 3 seconds if you are willing to spend US $50 at a USPS center. UK takes about a week, completely online and the most professional looking document with photo on it. India one is based on luck. Unfortunately, no SLA or any deadline time as well. It can virtually take forever. :(
If you read on CIC web page, says that if for any reason you cannot get the police certificate, you can send your application without it, but you must have it when they ask.

chivinas

Apr 24, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
31-10-2019
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
This is what it says CIC on the website:
If you can’t get a police certificate from your country or territory
If you’re unable to get a police certificate from a country, you’re responsible to show why you can’t get one.
To prove that you can’t get a police certificate, you must:
  • show proof that you requested a police certificate from the correct authorities and
  • write a letter explaining all the efforts you have taken to get one
Even if you send us the above items, this is not a guarantee of acceptance.

And this is what it says the check list:
Police Certificates and Clearances
You must get a police certificate from each country or territory where you have lived for six or more months in a row since the age of 18. You are strongly encouraged to submit your police certificates with your application to the CIO. If you are unable to obtain all the necessary police certificates, you may still send your application to the CIO without them. However, we strongly recommend that you take steps to obtain your police certificates now to avoid future delays. You must be ready to submit them when requested by an officer. Note: Police certificates are generally considered to be valid for one year from date of issue; therefore depending on the processing time of your application, you may be requested to submit new certificates.

Reactions: phanikiran.kara