Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
31-10-2019
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
I think u have to get new LMIA for extension....
I dont think LMIA needed for nomination based WP. Only thing I am not sure is if would fall under new WP category or extension (if you already have LIMA based one before) @chivinas , what are your thoughts?
Along with the nomination, there is a Work Permit Support Letter that is to get a Work Permit if you do not have one. This Work Permit is LMIA exempt and closed to the employer who patrocinated you. If you already have a Work Permit, that letter can be used to extend the WP if the current permit is going to expire before the permanent residence is processed. In my case, my current Work Permit is an open work permit, which expires in march 2022... in that case, I believe that I don't need a new permit. I sent an email to OINP asking about that, and they answered that I have to ask IRCC. I sent an email to IRCC, and they answered anything but that (I think they misunderstood my question)

GG12345

Sep 27, 2019
Along with the nomination, there is a Work Permit Support Letter that is to get a Work Permit if you do not have one. This Work Permit is LMIA exempt and closed to the employer who patrocinated you. If you already have a Work Permit, that letter can be used to extend the WP if the current permit is going to expire before the permanent residence is processed. In my case, my current Work Permit is an open work permit, which expires in march 2022... in that case, I believe that I don't need a new permit. I sent an email to OINP asking about that, and they answered that I have to ask IRCC. I sent an email to IRCC, and they answered anything but that (I think they misunderstood my question)
Ok, so, It will be filed as an extension with no LMIA needed. thanks! Unfortunately, the processing time for extension is ~120 days.

kumar143

Oct 8, 2019
please share OINP and IRCC email address

chivinas

Apr 24, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
31-10-2019
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
Ok, so, It will be filed as an extension with no LMIA needed. thanks! Unfortunately, the processing time for extension is ~120 days.
yes, this is why they say that if the WP is to expire within 4 months, you should start the new one ASAP

GG12345

Sep 27, 2019
yes, this is why they say that if the WP is to expire within 4 months, you should start the new one ASAP
Waiting for the nomination first, dont want to go down to LMIA road. Alas! The status is submitted, I'll eat my hat if they complete the process within processing time.

phanikiran.kara

Dec 12, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
03-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-12-2019
AOR Received.
18-02-2020
Med's Done....
13-01-2021
LANDED..........
02-08-2020
Just to add, based on this link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html, you will get a open work permit after you --
  • you applied for permanent residence via paper PR application and receive the acknowledgement of receipt (Approx 3 months ?)
  • your current work permit expires in 4 months or less
  • you have valid status on your work permit
  • you are currently in Canada

Reactions: chivinas

altaf350

Oct 23, 2017
One can apply providing enough proof to show CIC, to extend the status. Best suggested is applying 4 months prior to expiry of current status. If a person doesn't have enough proof, they can apply even one day before the expiry. The regulation says, they should submit the application before the expiry. After submitting the application, even the permit expired, the person is eligible to stay under "implied status" until a decision has been made for the application.

altaf350

Oct 23, 2017
Maybe it's better to inquire about this. You're having permit upto 2022 which is best. But, if you're changing the job, then you are supposed to provide closed work permit with your future employer name on it. Also OINP says, a person need to inform the job change (company change) as a mandatory, not the position change, pay rate change. So, they'll issue new WP support document which supports Closed WP from IRCC.

Reactions: chivinas

altaf350

Oct 23, 2017
I dont think LMIA needed for nomination based WP. Only thing I am not sure is if would fall under new WP category or extension (if you already have LIMA based one before) @chivinas , what are your thoughts?
When applying for WP, you need to choose Employer compliance fee to any employer-specific LMIA-exempt work permit application. This applies to closed work permits, if nominated by provinces. But, if you want work permit and don't have nomination, study or other criteria, you choose to apply for LMIA application,wait for a decision and then apply for Closed work permit.

GG12345

Sep 27, 2019
When applying for WP, you need to choose Employer compliance fee to any employer-specific LMIA-exempt work permit application. This applies to closed work permits, if nominated by provinces. But, if you want work permit and don't have nomination, study or other criteria, you choose to apply for LMIA application,wait for a decision and then apply for Closed work permit.

Hi, Are you referring to employee based/supported WP? that's the one CIC has mentioned on their web-site.