+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - Employer Job Offer : Foreign worker stream

nate_drake

May 5, 2024
Hey Folks,

I have applied under OINP Employer Job Offer - Foreign Worker Stream and received my nomination on April 19th 2024.

I have also received Work permit support letter.

Does anyone know how to apply for work permit extension (Employer specific work permit - LMIA exempt - T13) as my current work is expiring in October 2024.

I would appreciate any help on this and Thanks in advance.

For people who still hasn't received nomination, here is my Timeline:

OINP EOI : 9 - Jan - 2024
ITA: 19 - Jan - 2024
Application Submitted: 27 - Jan - 2024
Status change to Under Assessment: 9 - Feb- 2024
ADR (additional documents required): 22 - Feb - 2024
Additional documents submitted: 25 - Feb - 2024
Status change to DIP (decision in progress): 26 - Feb - 2024
Nomination Received : 19 - April - 2024
Your employer will have to first upload the job offer details to the employer portal; they'll also have to pay the compliance fee which is around $230 or $250. Once uploaded and submitted, you'll have to use that application number in your work permit application for IRCC.

Employer Portal Guide

Employer Specific Work Permit with LMIA exemptions

Reactions: JillPatel08

Tiren

May 14, 2024
Wow why is there a delay? Are you inland? Did they request for more documents? This is a bit frustrating because you submitted in December
Inland. They have sent yesterday (after 4 months in DIP) intent to refuse letter asking to provide proofs that the company has 5 full time employees working at the same location as applicant. So the employer is going to submit 5 employees documents such as t4 slips and paystubs.
The thing that makes me worried is that we no longer have an office in Toronto because everyone are working from home since covid times. The business is incorporated in Toronto, but the business adress is not an office anymore and being used only for company registration and mailing.

pthinh8000

Jan 16, 2023
Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker stream
NOC 22212
ITA: 5th December
Submitted: 18th December
Assessment: 15th January
DIP: 23rd of January
Nomination: ?

Very frustrating! 4 months in DIP
Very disappointed. It must be stressful waiting for their nomination... I had the same timeline and NOC code

Reactions: Tiren

darvaset

Sep 18, 2021
Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker stream
NOC 22212
ITA: 5th December
Submitted: 18th December
Assessment: 15th January
DIP: 23rd of January
Nomination: ?

Very frustrating! 4 months in DIP
My NOC is 212321, same ITA, submitted 3 days after you and still on DIP since Feb 14th

petertsai

May 28, 2024
Hello people,

I have received nominee certificate and work permit support letter through OINP Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker.

And I notice that if I lose my job (who knows), I will lose the nominee qualification as well. So I probably won't move forward with this OINP.

But I need this work permit support letter to keep myself stay in Canada as a worker so that I will one year canadian experience which ensures enough CRS to apply for PR through EE.

My working holiday open permit wil expire this October, and I received my nominee and support letter this April.

So I want to know if I can use work permit support letter without applying for PR with nominee certificate, and how long this work permit support letter can keep me in worker status?

Thanks for reading :)

nate_drake

May 5, 2024
Hello people,

I have received nominee certificate and work permit support letter through OINP Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker.

And I notice that if I lose my job (who knows), I will lose the nominee qualification as well. So I probably won't move forward with this OINP.

But I need this work permit support letter to keep myself stay in Canada as a worker so that I will one year canadian experience which ensures enough CRS to apply for PR through EE.

My working holiday open permit wil expire this October, and I received my nominee and support letter this April.

So I want to know if I can use work permit support letter without applying for PR with nominee certificate, and how long this work permit support letter can keep me in worker status?

Hi!

The work permit support letter is exclusively for the job position and the employer mentioned in your nomination letter. If you apply for a work permit using this support letter, you'll receive a employer specific work permit meaning you won't be allowed to work for any other employer. Yes, you can apply for work permit but not apply for PR.

I believe they ask IRCC for 2 year work permit extension (you can find the duration in your support letter page 2).

I hope that answers your question.

Mayt

Feb 3, 2021
Hello people,

hi
congratulation

and what is the time line till to receive the work permit support letter?

petertsai

May 28, 2024
Hi!

The work permit support letter is exclusively for the job position and the employer mentioned in your nomination letter. If you apply for a work permit using this support letter, you'll receive a employer specific work permit meaning you won't be allowed to work for any other employer. Yes, you can apply for work permit but not apply for PR.

I believe they ask IRCC for 2 year work permit extension (you can find the duration in your support letter page 2).

I hope that answers your question.
YES You did answer my question, thank you so much! Btw it is 2 year fyi

petertsai

May 28, 2024
hi
congratulation

and what is the time line till to receive the work permit support letter?
Thanks. I submitted my application in the middle of last December, and received nomination at the bbeginning of this April - Within 4 months