+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - Employer Job Offer : Foreign worker stream

pdrlins

Star Member
Jan 9, 2020
Still working on getting my actual PR application together, two questions:
1) Anyone recently submitted their PR package and received AOR? My police certificate expires within 5 months and I'm debating whether I should wait and and request a new one, or submit my current and hope they process it in time.

2) For documents where you exceeded the rows on the sheet - how did you attach more info? Through a secondary form of the same type or an additional table you created yourself?
1- Can you get another one before send? will it take so long? If it takes so long, you can send one web form later with the new police certification. I would say, try to get a new one asap and attach it to your application.

2- If your document exceeds the rows of the sheet, you can print 2 copies or many copies, fill it up only the rows after the first one, attach all the papers in order, and send it.
Btw, I have a big travel history and I did as I said.

Reactions: rfc_club and hylian

gollum12

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Hii , did your employer showed any recruitment efforts? Did oinp ask you for the same? I have this problem as oinp is asking for recruitment efforts. My husband has been working with the same employer for almost 3 years now on open work permit and he applied for OINP foreign worker stream on July 21st but at that time he was on implied status. He already submitted an application for study permit before his owp expired. Till now no decision on study permit and now the oinp is asking while my husband was on implied status how did the employer gave the job to him He has been employed with him for 3 years. After getting the letter from oinp as intent to refuse, the same day the employer has advertised on job bank and indeed and also on shop enterance. Employer sent an email with the recruitment efforts after 20 days showing the recruitment screen shots of job bank and indeed and an LOE explaining why my husband is an integral part of his business. We are really worried about this situation. Can you tell me how was ur experience with the same. Please help!
My lawyer said we don't need recruitment efforts if we already have valid working status in Ontario (don't even need to start working for the sponsor employer yet).
For your case, because your husband's status expired, and he's on implied status, he basically not consider to be in Ontario anymore, therefore, recruitment efforts needed.

For recruitment efforts, some say need to advertise the job for 2 weeks, some say 4 weeks, some say 2 months, I'm not sure.

Mapleleaves21forever

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
Category........
Other
Passport Req..
waiting....
My lawyer said we don't need recruitment efforts if we already have valid working status in Ontario (don't even need to start working for the sponsor employer yet).
For your case, because your husband's status expired, and he's on implied status, he basically not consider to be in Ontario anymore, therefore, recruitment efforts needed.

For recruitment efforts, some say need to advertise the job for 2 weeks, some say 4 weeks, some say 2 months, I'm not sure.
What does this means? -“For your case, because your husband's status expired, and he's on implied status, he basically not consider to be in Ontario anymore, therefore, recruitment efforts needed”

My husband has maintained his status legally in Ontario. It clearly states on CIC website that if ur work permit expires you can keep working for the same employer until you get a decision on your application which my husband has applied before his wp expire.
I don’t get what u meant by “he basically not conside to be in Ontario anymore“ I understand that on implied status the employer has to show recruitment efforts. And his employer has shown that but only after receiving a letter from OINP to show the recruitment efforts. My question is -how much is the chance that his application can be refused just based on the above scenario?
He has been working for almost 3 years and has all requirements met and employer has his back fully. The glitch here is about recruitment efforts that was only made by internal job posting and job posting at thestire entrance! God knows what will be the outcome. Its now 3 months already... still waiting for a decision!

iukhan

Aug 24, 2020
What does this means? -“For your case, because your husband's status expired, and he's on implied status, he basically not consider to be in Ontario anymore, therefore, recruitment efforts needed”

My husband has maintained his status legally in Ontario. It clearly states on CIC website that if ur work permit expires you can keep working for the same employer until you get a decision on your application which my husband has applied before his wp expire.
I don’t get what u meant by “he basically not conside to be in Ontario anymore“ I understand that on implied status the employer has to show recruitment efforts. And his employer has shown that but only after receiving a letter from OINP to show the recruitment efforts. My question is -how much is the chance that his application can be refused just based on the above scenario?
He has been working for almost 3 years and has all requirements met and employer has his back fully. The glitch here is about recruitment efforts that was only made by internal job posting and job posting at thestire entrance! God knows what will be the outcome. Its now 3 months already... still waiting for a decision!
For Job offer Foreign Worker stream of OINP, the employer has to show legitimate efforts made to recruit a PR holder or a Canadian citizen. If the efforts fails the employer has to apply for LMIA, details on LMIA from immigration website is reproduced below:

A Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) is a document that an employer in Canada may need to get before hiring a foreign worker.

A positive LMIA will show that there is a need for a foreign worker to fill the job. It will also show that no Canadian worker or permanent resident is available to do the job. A positive LMIA is sometimes called a confirmation letter.

Don't confuse it with Job Offer International student, or other streams e.g. HCP/High demand etc. There is no impact of the applicant is in country or abroad., for that matter how many years he/she has been working. Thousands of workers are in Canada working on closed or open work permit, being spouses of international students or in any another form. Not necessarily their current job will qualify them or the employer to secure a positive LMIA.

You may wish to consult a lawyer too

iukhan

Aug 24, 2020

Just to add, any efforts after OINP query was received is not accepted, rather creates doubts in the mind of the case officer. OINP will ONLY accept efforts made before he was recruited or when we was provided support letter (employer form). Otherwise I fear that you may not receive good news from OINP.

Mapleleaves21forever

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
Category........
Other
Passport Req..
waiting....
Just to add, any efforts after OINP query was received is not accepted, rather creates doubts in the mind of the case officer. OINP will ONLY accept efforts made before he was recruited or when we was provided support letter (employer form). Otherwise I fear that you may not receive good news from OINP.
He was recruited through indeed in 2017 and the advertisement for the same was there for about three months!! So we have already submitted the proof with the LOE And submitted the advertisement from Job Bank which was created after receiving the request for the same. And also regarding hearing a good news, he received nomination today!! The employer has given very strong explanation why he wants him to stay in this position and how extremely important it is for his business .. so you see International job offer stream is to support employers who have struggle to employ reliable and consistent employees at work. And for that matter when everything is in line and it’s the officers decision at the end based on how important it is to meet the labor shortage in Ontario!!

iukhan

Aug 24, 2020
He was recruited through indeed in 2017 and the advertisement for the same was there for about three months!! So we have already submitted the proof with the LOE And submitted the advertisement from Job Bank which was created after receiving the request for the same. And also regarding hearing a good news, he received nomination today!! The employer has given very strong explanation why he wants him to stay in this position and how extremely important it is for his business .. so you see International job offer stream is to support employers who have struggle to employ reliable and consistent employees at work. And for that matter when everything is in line and it’s the officers decision at the end based on how important it is to meet the labor shortage in Ontario!!
great

gollum12

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
This is awesome news, Congrats!
This's also good news for all of us, showing that as long as the employer willing to fight for you, OINP will still consider and not cast you away!

Toorkaur

Jan 30, 2017
Hii , did your employer showed any recruitment efforts? Did oinp ask you for the same? I have this problem as oinp is asking for recruitment efforts. My husband has been working with the same employer for almost 3 years now on open work permit and he applied for OINP foreign worker stream on July 21st but at that time he was on implied status. He already submitted an application for study permit before his owp expired. Till now no decision on study permit and now the oinp is asking while my husband was on implied status how did the employer gave the job to him He has been employed with him for 3 years. After getting the letter from oinp as intent to refuse, the same day the employer has advertised on job bank and indeed and also on shop enterance. Employer sent an email with the recruitment efforts after 20 days showing the recruitment screen shots of job bank and indeed and an LOE explaining why my husband is an integral part of his business. We are really worried about this situation. Can you tell me how was ur experience with the same. Please help!
hey, sorry i can't help with you that because i was about to apply through this category but i did not. but as far as i know, you need to show the recruitment efforts and IF they need more information they schedule an phone interview with employer. with this complex situation of OINP, if i were you, i would retain an immigration consultant to deal with this kind of situation. hope this will help!

madavila03

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
Guys , anyone with experience on how to get police clearance for Brazil, Mexico and Colombia. I have been living on these countries and I know the police certificates takes time. Thanks!

Reactions: J20190911

Island_man

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hi Guys , I have valid work permit until 2022 , I got nominated from OINP , to apply for a Permanent residence, Do I need to show proof of funds ?
Thanks

Reactions: J20190911