+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - Employer Job Offer : Foreign worker stream

luxixi

Aug 31, 2019
the only thing we can do is waiting patiently with painful :(
Yes, for you guys who has got AOR the situation is much better. AOR means they confirmd that they have received your application and your application is complete,
But for me, I have been waiting my AOR since April 1, three and half months until so far.
No AOR means my case hasn't been touched yet.
My nomination will be expired on August, does it matter?

It seems Waiting is the only thing I did since last September. :confused:
lol ..

Good luck for all of us! Hope we will get new updates in July.

bbjeon38

Champion Member
Jun 1, 2019
Kitchener
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15-05-2020
Nomination.....
05-15-2020
AOR Received.
08-12-2020
Med's Request
30-12-2020
Med's Done....
28-12-2020
Yes, for you guys who has got AOR the situation is much better. AOR means they confirmd that they have received your application and your application is complete,
But for me, I have been waiting my AOR since April 1, three and half months until so far.

lol ..

We can ask extention of nomination.
http://www.mri.gov.on.ca/repository/oinp_en_student.pdf

6.3 Extension of Nomination Certificate

Your Confirmation of Nomination document (i.e. Nomination Certificate) is valid for six (6) months.

You may submit a request for an extension of your Nomination Certificate if it is no longer valid and:
• IRCC returns your permanent residence application due to incompleteness, requiring the submission of a new application, or
• you are experiencing delays in securing supporting documents for your permanent residence application (i.e. a police criminal record check) and you have not yet applied to IRCC.

Note: Only requests that comply with the above requirements will be granted.

To request an extension, please email the OINP at ontarionominee@ontario.ca and provide the following information:
1. A letter of explanation describing the reason to extend your Nomination Certificate; and
2. A copy of the incompleteness letter from IRCC (if applicable).

Reactions: luxixi

chivinas

Apr 24, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
31-10-2019
AOR Received.
30-01-2020

lol ..

We can ask extention of nomination.
http://www.mri.gov.on.ca/repository/oinp_en_student.pdf

6.3 Extension of Nomination Certificate

Your Confirmation of Nomination document (i.e. Nomination Certificate) is valid for six (6) months.

You may submit a request for an extension of your Nomination Certificate if it is no longer valid and:
• IRCC returns your permanent residence application due to incompleteness, requiring the submission of a new application, or
• you are experiencing delays in securing supporting documents for your permanent residence application (i.e. a police criminal record check) and you have not yet applied to IRCC.

Note: Only requests that comply with the above requirements will be granted.

To request an extension, please email the OINP at ontarionominee@ontario.ca and provide the following information:
1. A letter of explanation describing the reason to extend your Nomination Certificate; and
2. A copy of the incompleteness letter from IRCC (if applicable).
Once you have sent your application package, there no need to extend the nomination. The letter of nomination states: "IRCC must receive your complete application before the nomination certificate expiry date". When they open your application and give you AOR, they take the AR date as the starting date of your application. If your nomination was valid, then (at time or AR), it is ok.

Last edited:

luxixi

Aug 31, 2019
Thank you guys!
This morning I sent a webform and asked when I could get AOR and if the nomination letter expires before I get my AOR whether I need to extend my nomination.
let's wait and see.

Waiting is painful, but still be positive. :)

Reactions: J20190911

chivinas

Apr 24, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
31-10-2019
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
No :mad:
I called them on Monday, they told me that the girl working on immigration wasn't working and to call on Tuesday.
I called on Tuesday, and they told me that the girl working on immigration wasn't working and to call on Wednesday.
I called today, Wednesday, and they told me that the phone of immigration is malfunctioning, that she will try to pass me with the office, but if the phone would go dead, to call again in half an hour. The call went dead. Then, I called again half an hour after, again the same!
I sent an email, they didn't answer.
I sent a fax, asking to please have an answer either by phone or email, and they sent me an email stating:
First two from Jun 20, submitted. (myself and my son)
All results normal for first two cases
Third one will be submitted this week, is in process

I replied asking for more information, if there is something bad, and why it is taking so long, and they didn't answer.
:mad::mad::mad:
I passed the Medicals today!!!! yeaahhhh!!!! :)

pdrlins

Star Member
Jan 9, 2020
I have a question!!

Does anybody know we can extend OHIP with our PR application or have a experience? As I know, we need a work permit to apply OHIP. I am thinking of the timing when I need to apply for a closed work permit. If we can extend OHIP with PR application, I can wait for PR a little more without a closed work permit application.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/apply-ohip-and-get-health-card#section-2
I had the same question but it seems that if you had applied already and they have not refuse your (our) application, you dont need to extend your ohip.
I'm in the same boat.

pdrlins

Star Member
Jan 9, 2020
I know it is a newbie question but can anyone explain to me the difference between AR and AOR?
I tried to find it but I couldn't.
Thanks =)

bbjeon38

Champion Member
Jun 1, 2019
Kitchener
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15-05-2020
Nomination.....
05-15-2020
AOR Received.
08-12-2020
Med's Request
30-12-2020
Med's Done....
28-12-2020
I had the same question but it seems that if you had applied already and they have not refuse your (our) application, you dont need to extend your ohip.
I'm in the same boat.
When application returns to us by incomplete document and nomination is expired, we can ask extention of nomination.

bbjeon38

Champion Member
Jun 1, 2019
Kitchener
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15-05-2020
Nomination.....
05-15-2020
AOR Received.
08-12-2020
Med's Request
30-12-2020
Med's Done....
28-12-2020
I know it is a newbie question but can anyone explain to me the difference between AR and AOR?
I tried to find it but I couldn't.
Thanks =)
AS: Application Sent
AR: Application Received,
AOR: Acknowledge Of Receipt,
MR: Medical Request
MP: Medical Pass
DM: Decision Made
PPR: Passport Request
COPR: Confirmation Of PR

pdrlins

Star Member
Jan 9, 2020
When application returns to us by incomplete document and nomination is expired, we can ask extention of nomination.
Yes I know, but I mean, if you are worried about the OHIP but you got the AOR already, I think you don't need to extend your OHIP

bbjeon38

Champion Member
Jun 1, 2019
Kitchener
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15-05-2020
Nomination.....
05-15-2020
AOR Received.
08-12-2020
Med's Request
30-12-2020
Med's Done....
28-12-2020
Yes I know, but I mean, if you are worried about the OHIP but you got the AOR already, I think you don't need to extend your OHIP
As I know. In order to renew OHIP, we need work permit which is always expired in same time. So, we have to apply work permit several months earlier than OHIP expiration not to have OHIP gap. My OHIP and PGWP will be expired in Jun/28/2021. I will apply for a close work permit next January. Please check your situation.

Fonca

Oct 24, 2019
As I know. In order to renew OHIP, we need work permit which is always expired in same time. So, we have to apply work permit several months earlier than OHIP expiration not to have OHIP gap. My OHIP and PGWP will be expired in Jun/28/2021. I will apply for a close work permit next January. Please check your situation.
I could use some help here... My husband's visa expires next August, they gave him only one year while I had 3 of PGWP... We've appplied for an extension in April, but without biometrics working, the process is not going anywhere for now.
Does anybody know if I can extend his OHIP even if he's in implied status? I've already have the PAL, I was thinking about using it, if it's possible.

Thanks!