Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Last edited:
Reactions: Captain789

rovar473

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Hello Friends,

I am new to this forum and have a question, hope someone would help.

I have submitted application under OINP-Human Capital Stream with non-accompanying spouse because with my wife my CRS was going to drop from 452 to 426.
Now if I get PNP from Ontario can I make changes in my express entry profile and add my spouse as accompanying? I want to make theses changes before ITA but after PNP from Ontario.

what you guys suggest?
hello friend,
I suggest not to add spouse accompanying now as it has impact on your crs score. OINP invited you since you had high score in your EE Profile.

Reactions: tar86

EnthuChap

Jun 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2019
Doc's Request.
22-01-2020
Nomination.....
26-11-2019
AOR Received.
01-12-2019
Med's Request
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2020
Passport Req..
06-04-2021
LANDED..........
10-09-2021
Hello Friends,

I am new to this forum and have a question, hope someone would help.

I have submitted application under OINP-Human Capital Stream with non-accompanying spouse because with my wife my CRS was going to drop from 452 to 426.
Now if I get PNP from Ontario can I make changes in my express entry profile and add my spouse as accompanying? I want to make theses changes before ITA but after PNP from Ontario.

what you guys suggest?
Hello @tar86

I came across this query of yours in multiple threads and I want to inform you that there is no clear information available on this on CIC or OINP website. Even OINP will not give you a clear answer on this. I have have been studying this subject for quite a long time now and have understood that there are two approaches to this:

METHOD 1: Include spouse after receiving OINP Nomination
- Wait till you receive nomination from OINP
- Once the nomination is received in your EE profile, don't accept the invite just yet. Instead, write an email to OINP requesting for spouse addition. They will give a response that they only nominate primary applicant (PA) and not the individual family members. So, the PA has to maintain funds depending upon the family size.
- Take a print of your EE profile as pdf and save it for your records. It may come in handy later.
- Now, you modify family information in EE profile and include spouse. The score drops to 426 in your case, then you accept nomination and the points increase by 600 points.

Important Note: You would have maintained your the same score of 452 till you received your nomination.
You expressed your intention to OINP who is awarding you 600 points and they took no objection.
CIC can't question why they gave 600 points, as it is solely a PNP's prerogative on who receives a nomination and 600 points.
Keeping a print of EE profile when you receive a nomination will come handy if at all CIC comes back to question you later.
This recommendation came from a famous licensed immigration consultant, who I don't wish to name here.

METHOD 2: Include Spouse after AoR
- Accept nomination from OINP, while you maintain a non-accompanying EE profile with a score of 452
- Receive ITA, file your PR application and wait for AoR
- After receiving your AoR, you can now request for adding spouse in your application.

Important Note: This method is recommended by our distinguished and very knowledgeable forum member @13nitinsharma

Both of the two methods have their merits and look to be alright to proceed to me.

tar86

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Dubai
Hello @tar86

I came across this query of yours in multiple threads and I want to inform you that there is no clear information available on this on CIC or OINP website. Even OINP will not give you a clear answer on this. I have have been studying this subject for quite a long time now and have understood that there are two approaches to this:

METHOD 1: Include spouse after receiving OINP Nomination
- Wait till you receive nomination from OINP
- Once the nomination is received in your EE profile, don't accept the invite just yet. Instead, write an email to OINP requesting for spouse addition. They will give a response that they only nominate primary applicant (PA) and not the individual family members. So, the PA has to maintain funds depending upon the family size.
- Take a print of your EE profile as pdf and save it for your records. It may come in handy later.
- Now, you modify family information in EE profile and include spouse. The score drops to 426 in your case, then you accept nomination and the points increase by 600 points.

Important Note: You would have maintained your the same score of 452 till you received your nomination.
You expressed your intention to OINP who is awarding you 600 points and they took no objection.
CIC can't question why they gave 600 points, as it is solely a PNP's prerogative on who receives a nomination and 600 points.
Keeping a print of EE profile when you receive a nomination will come handy if at all CIC comes back to question you later.
This recommendation came from a famous licensed immigration consultant, who I don't wish to name here.

METHOD 2: Include Spouse after AoR
- Accept nomination from OINP, while you maintain a non-accompanying EE profile with a score of 452
- Receive ITA, file your PR application and wait for AoR
- After receiving your AoR, you can now request for adding spouse in your application.

Important Note: This method is recommended by our distinguished and very knowledgeable forum member @13nitinsharma

Both of the two methods have their merits and look to be alright to proceed to me.
Thank you very much for detailed reply.

Reactions: EnthuChap

Anoop2807

Aug 8, 2019
My timelines so far:
NOI - Aug 15
Submitted - Sep 2
Assessment - Sep 20
DIP - Oct 26
Approval - Awaited

Guys it's taking more time than usual, so we can only be patient..

Captain789

May 27, 2018
My timelines so far:
NOI - Aug 15
Submitted - Sep 2
Assessment - Sep 20
DIP - Oct 26
Approval - Awaited

Thanks for sharing your timeline! I hope to make it before the final draw this year, I have some certificates ready since July :(

mrunal.dave

Star Member
Jul 1, 2017
Ahmedabad, India
Category........
PNP
Dear All,
I am Chartered Accountant from India. I have an experience of 9 years in NOC 0122.
I am applying for jobs since long but could not get any response. Can anyone please suggest the possibility to get job in Canada. How to find job?

NMOT

Star Member
Sep 10, 2019
Dubai, UAE
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-01-2020
Nomination.....
21-11-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2020
Med's Done....
07-12-2019
Passport Req..
19-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
22-10-2020
Dear All,
I am Chartered Accountant from India. I have an experience of 9 years in NOC 0122.
I am applying for jobs since long but could not get any response. Can anyone please suggest the possibility to get job in Canada. How to find job?
This explains pretty well why it's unfortunately very hard to find a job from outside Canada
https://www.quora.com/Is-there-a-way-to-get-a-Canadian-job-offer-while-applying-from-India-so-that-my-express-entry-gets-cleared-off-easily-and-a-job-offer-earns-one-600-points-toward-express-entry/answer/Valorie-Lennox

Bikram0088

Star Member
Nov 8, 2018
My timelines so far:
NOI - Aug 15
Submitted - Sep 2
Assessment - Sep 20
DIP - Oct 26
Approval - Awaited

Hi Anoop,
My timelines are
NOI - 15 AUG
SUBMITTED - 5 SEP
ASSESSMENT - 26 SEP
Waiting for next change

Keerthi83

Jul 19, 2019
Hi ....anyone knows about when oinp open becoz I am in crucial position now my crs score is 451 and my workpermit expires in Feb end 2020.i am a IT consultant my noc is 2171.please suggest me.

Reactions: Monika virdi

Captain789

May 27, 2018
Hi guys,
Similar timeline for me.
NOI: Aug 01
Submitted: Aug 24
Assessment: Sep 06
DIP: Sep 16
Nomination: Waiting

It seems nominations received for whoever submitted on or before Aug 21(Application sent column) if we see the below tracker( please filter with Current status: Nominated and NOI: Aug 01).
https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/ontario-human-capital-priorities-stream-tracker

Thanks.
Hey there, did you receive a notification regarding DIP status? Or did you have to check your case?