+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

Dec 24, 2018
Hello All,

I have a question regarding my profile..I am a Mechanical Engineer with six years of experience in power generation. I have read somewhere that for OINP mechanical engineers need license to apply. is it true?? My current CRS is 439.

mistercee

Jul 26, 2018
Hello guys, I need some advice. I just got a nomination from Ontario, but my concern is my profile should expire in April. I am required to submit all my documents within 45 days.
Just a look at the timeline (submission, processing time, ITA) suggests to me that by the time I get my 600 points, my current profile would have expired.
My concern is that if my profile expires, does that invalidate that nomination? I think the real question is, is my nomination tied to my application or my profile?

Reactions: ppuu and ankusaxe9

mark12345680

May 26, 2018
Hello guys, I need some advice. I just got a nomination from Ontario, but my concern is my profile should expire in April. I am required to submit all my documents within 45 days.
Just a look at the timeline (submission, processing time, ITA) suggests to me that by the time I get my 600 points, my current profile would have expired.
My concern is that if my profile expires, does that invalidate that nomination? I think the real question is, is my nomination tied to my application or my profile?
Hi there, under what stream did you get your nomination from?

Theo2018

Jan 14, 2019
Dear All, I am new on here. I am finalizing my EE profile and have a question about the French SSW in Ontario.
My language scores - CLB:
IELTS - R: 10; L: 9; W: 10; S: 9
TEF - R: 10; L: 10; W: 10; S: 7

If I choose English as first language I get a CRS of around 441, while with French as first language it goes down to 390.

My question, to increase the chances to get a nomination from Ontario, should I declare French or English as first language? Thanks

Th2k

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Did you get the access to the e-filing portal? I can't submit my application because of that! To answer your question if u submit your application asap, by april you will have the time to receive ITA. Please tell me about the efiling portal, if you have the access?

jann719

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
It seems like OINP has started issuing for HCP ? Will they be sending the ALL the invitations in one go or can I expect to receive invitation in a few days even when some people got it already?... (given if I am indeed qualified)
Thank you

Last edited:

ppuu

Star Member
Mar 18, 2018
hi ,

can I have more clarity on this on the 1st thread:

The 1st thread mentioned:

3. Personal and Work History (Principal Applicant Only) - As indicated, provide the details of personal (includes all periods of education, unemployment, traveling, being a homemaker etc,.) and your employment details. If you are less than 28 years old, provide details since your 18th birthday. If you are 28 or older, then provide the details for the last 10 years.

Tip: Please do NOT leave ANY gaps in time - not even one day.

my question is :

are those a list of past 10 years ? Is it related to working reference?

Or I just need to provide current working reference letter (more than 5 years as of now...)

ppuu

Star Member
Mar 18, 2018
can I have more clarity on this on the 1st thread:

The 1st thread mentioned:

3. Personal and Work History (Principal Applicant Only) - As indicated, provide the details of personal (includes all periods of education, unemployment, traveling, being a homemaker etc,.) and your employment details. If you are less than 28 years old, provide details since your 18th birthday. If you are 28 or older, then provide the details for the last 10 years.

Tip: Please do NOT leave ANY gaps in time - not even one day.

my question is :

are those a list of past 10 years ? Is it related to working reference?

Or I just need to provide current working reference letter (more than 5 years as of now...)

Hi seniors,
sorry I am asking the question here as I am really confused:

I read the ONIP application guide again and see these info:
Copies of your employment/work experience reference letters from previous and current employers for all periods of work experience (foreign and Canadian) stated in your application.

Can I confirm that the 'application' means the NOC I have listed in the EOI?
The reason I am asking is because I have changed my career path and I only listed what could be useful in the EOI - and there are 2173, 0213 and 2172.

I am working in the 2172 category now and i have a reference letter on my hand as well....
Is it sufficient? Or i have to get all reference letter from 2173 and 0213?

last question, is it advised to removed work experience (like 2173 ) which only last for 6+ months?

DanBhanu69

Dec 19, 2018
Dear All, I am new on here. I am finalizing my EE profile and have a question about the French SSW in Ontario.
My language scores - CLB:
IELTS - R: 10; L: 9; W: 10; S: 9
TEF - R: 10; L: 10; W: 10; S: 7

If I choose English as first language I get a CRS of around 441, while with French as first language it goes down to 390.

My question, to increase the chances to get a nomination from Ontario, should I declare French or English as first language? Thanks
French as first, if you want Ontario nomination.
However, with 441...you do have a good chance of getting a direct ITA.
You might wish to see how the first few draws go...

Reactions: Theo2018

Theo2018

Jan 14, 2019
French as first, if you want Ontario nomination.
However, with 441...you do have a good chance of getting a direct ITA.
You might wish to see how the first few draws go...
@DanBhanu69, thank you very much.
I will start to be more active here as I have been learning a lot from the previous threads and feel compelled to share my thoughts, learnings and timeline about the process ahead.

So, my strategy is - to create EE profile, English as first language, French second - CRS 441. Then, to wait until mid March when I will loose 10 points (birthday - 431) for a direct ITA (preferable) or OINP. After loosing the 10 points, to switch - French as first, English as second to increase the chances to get a OINP.

I would appreciate any thoughts on that.

In parallel, also good to share, I have a job offer and the employer has already applied for the LMIA since Dec, 2018. So, coming back to my strategy, if the employer gets the LMIA until March, this should count more 50 points, so the 441, that will be 431 would be increased to 481.

It is a whole maths and strategy to navigate through all this! Thanks a lot and I will keep you posted about any news on my side.

Best Theo

MyMapleHome

Jan 15, 2019
Did you get the access to the e-filing portal? I can't submit my application because of that! To answer your question if u submit your application asap, by april you will have the time to receive ITA. Please tell me about the efiling portal, if you have the access?
Hi, I'm also interested in getting access to respond/apply as I just received NOI as well.
However, I have a concern: due to some factors/thoughts with hubby, we decided to just change our profile (CRS 437) to unaccompanying and invite later which now leaves my CRS at 441. Today, I got the NOI from Ontario with this profile. Now, my concern, can I modify back to include us both (CRS of 437) but if I accept and submit application with this unaccompanying profile, do you think after receiving nomination certificate (that comes with 600 points), I can modify my EE profile to include spouse and then receive normal ITA afterwards?

DanBhanu69

Dec 19, 2018
Lots of folks here, the seniors, have gone through the motions before us. Most have been willing to share, so there's ton of useful advice available!
Great strategy you've got...we'll see how the draw numbers go this year, but its evident that the pool's getting more competitive: its prudent to have a plan B...and even a Plan C. You would have seen that the Ontario FSSW draws have been fairly regular.
Another tip: start getting your docs together.

@DanBhanu69, thank you very much.
I will start to be more active here as I have been learning a lot from the previous threads and feel compelled to share my thoughts, learnings and timeline about the process ahead.

So, my strategy is - to create EE profile, English as first language, French second - CRS 441. Then, to wait until mid March when I will loose 10 points (birthday - 431) for a direct ITA (preferable) or OINP. After loosing the 10 points, to switch - French as first, English as second to increase the chances to get a OINP.

I would appreciate any thoughts on that.

In parallel, also good to share, I have a job offer and the employer has already applied for the LMIA since Dec, 2018. So, coming back to my strategy, if the employer gets the LMIA until March, this should count more 50 points, so the 441, that will be 431 would be increased to 481.

It is a whole maths and strategy to navigate through all this! Thanks a lot and I will keep you posted about any news on my side.

Best Theo

Reactions: Theo2018