+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

sagarskch

Star Member
Jun 23, 2017
Likewise here, just with the difference, I don't have an NOI.

Now, I have a seemingly silly questions to ask, but need to understand 2 things, since you guys are much experienced on this front.

1. I will be loosing 5 CRS points next July and sitting at exact 400, I will go out of eligibility then. Say HCP reopens to issue NOI in Jan-Feb, and I happen to receive an NOI with 6 months validity to register - I do that in say another month - by March end. Now, as pointed out from various analysis - including that of Bill Hyatt, OINP will take its own sweet time to process and I DON'T RECEIVE THE NOMINATION by July or may be in DIP. What could my status become, as at that point my CRS would have become 395. Will i loose my eligibility for HCP / OINP as I am no longer on 400?? Or will OINP continue to process my application?

2. How could one cope up to learn French? Will it be possible to do it in 6 months to atleast get a decent (min. CLB requirement for second official language option) score and add maybe 20-30 CRS points. I do have some inclination for learning languages, but not as good as school days.

Thanks in advance, to anybody who can help on the above 2.
Hi,

I would like to address your point in the above scenario. As far as OINP is concerned, they will lock in the age on the date at which the NOI was sent to you. So, that will not be an issue if you receive NOI prior to your B'day. However, there will definitely be a reduction in your CRS. Only things that matters once after the nomination gets issued from OINP is you have meet the 67 points criteria. Other than that, everything will go fine.

Hope this clarifies.

Reactions: nt13

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
@BillHyatt and other senior members. Please clarify my queries

• I have received NOI on june 16th, does it mean my NOI carries validity upto Dec16th or Dec1st. (I know it's a dumb question but not to take chances when applying)
  • I was collecting all the documents to register for application but unfortunately it is closed as everyone knows. Now, if they reopen , let's say on middle of october, should I renew all the documents? or I can proceed with the documents which I previously collected? For eg: Since my employer refrain from providing reference letter i gathered bonafide letter, Email from HR(which mentions he denies giving so),compensation letter,notarised affivadit from my senior colleague and what not all the documents which can substantiate my claim. When they reopen in oct, should I need to start over? or I can proceeed with my collections?

Wilson78

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Dear All,

My CRS score is 411 .
What are the chances of getting ITA from Ontario or direct invitation in express entry draw ?

Any chances of EE draw score coming down ?

Thanks

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
Dear All,

My CRS score is 411 .
What are the chances of getting ITA from Ontario or direct invitation in express entry draw ?

Any chances of EE draw score coming down ?

Thanks
The chances of Ontario for issuing NOI for this year is pretty slim.
However on the EE ITA front, there were encouraging signs that the scores will come down to 420 subsequently to 410's (this year) and 400's for next year.

Though this year may not be yours, next year will definitely be. All the best.

joaojr123

Apr 27, 2017
The chances of Ontario for issuing NOI for this year is pretty slim.
However on the EE ITA front, there were encouraging signs that the scores will come down to 420 subsequently to 410's (this year) and 400's for next year.

Though this year may not be yours, next year will definitely be. All the best.
I agree with this insight.

This year's and next year's quota will be 90-100k immigrants for federal economic classes and 300k overall. Since there isn't an outlook of changes for CRS scoring criteria in the short term, the trend is a slow but steady CRS drop, always with spikes at end of post-secondary terms (due to canadian education bonus and canadian experience bonus).

Reactions: sundar17feb99

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
@BillHyatt and other senior members. Please clarify my queries

• I have received NOI on june 16th, does it mean my NOI carries validity upto Dec16th or Dec1st. (I know it's a dumb question but not to take chances when applying)
  • I was collecting all the documents to register for application but unfortunately it is closed as everyone knows. Now, if they reopen , let's say on middle of october, should I renew all the documents? or I can proceed with the documents which I previously collected? For eg: Since my employer refrain from providing reference letter i gathered bonafide letter, Email from HR(which mentions he denies giving so),compensation letter,notarised affivadit from my senior colleague and what not all the documents which can substantiate my claim. When they reopen in oct, should I need to start over? or I can proceeed with my collections?
Date will be Dec 16th and no need to update such documents however you will be required to renew bank Statement. As that needs to be less than 30 days old at the time of application.

Everyone will be given 14 days to submit once they are registered as they always do.

I hope this will help.

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
Date will be Dec 16th and no need to update such documents however you will be required to renew bank Statement. As that needs to be less than 30 days old at the time of application.

Everyone will be given 14 days to submit once they are registered as they always do.

I hope this will help.
Thank you very much bill. Yes, I would ask my bank to provide bank balance certificate again.

jazy3313

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Greetings,

My CRS score is 410 as I failed to score band 7 in writing for the 2nd time.
Can anyone direct me for OINP Human Capital for NOC 1111?
If information is available on this page, can anyone share the link.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Greetings,

My CRS score is 410 as I failed to score band 7 in writing for the 2nd time.
Can anyone direct me for OINP Human Capital for NOC 1111?
If information is available on this page, can anyone share the link.
OINP sends NOI automatically and you will receive that in your EE profile. However it is very unlikely that they will send NOI any more for this year.

You can not apply directly to OINP. Information on process are available at their official website and these forums are useful once you have developed a basic understanding of Nomination process.

Good Luck.

mcassim87

Jul 1, 2017
OINP sends NOI automatically and you will receive that in your EE profile. However it is very unlikely that they will send NOI any more for this year.

You can not apply directly to OINP. Information on process are available at their official website and these forums are useful once you have developed a basic understanding of Nomination process.

Good Luck.
Hi Bill,

OINP seems to have stopped nominations recently, very less people have been nominated this week apparently.
any idea how long would it take for the rest of us (in DIP) to get through this phase ?

Last edited:

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hi Bill,

OINP seems to have stopped nominations recently, very less people have been nominated this week apparently.
any idea how long would it take for the rest of us (in DIP) to get through this phase ?
They are working really hard to get applicants nominated by the end of September, however, I don't know why many people are stuck in the DIP and not getting nominations even after taking account of backlogs.

I guess they didn't predict the number of people applying after under 400 NOI and this may have created a backlog as people above 400 were expecting scores to get down that showed lower interest in OINP.

One more theory can be a restriction from CIC to nominate a limited number of applicants to balance CRS scores.

Just wait for the end of September and hope for the best.