+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

tiagaoxavier

Jul 26, 2017
Hi all,

I received NOI from OINP on 29/June
While preparing my documents to submit my application, unfortunately its closed now. Any idea when it will open again ? Moreover, if 6 months passed will the NOI be expired and not valid anymore ?
Hi Bilalchaabi,
You are right. After 6 months, the NOI will expire. Let´s just hope HCP will open again soon, before the NOI completes 6 months. I am in the same situation as you are.
Good luck for us!

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Hi Bilalchaabi,
You are right. After 6 months, the NOI will expire. Let´s just hope HCP will open again soon, before the NOI completes 6 months. I am in the same situation as you are.
Good luck for us!
Me too. I received NOI on July 11 and finally had my documents ready to submit on July 25, the day they closed :( Every day since then, I have been waiting for it to reopen.

canadian.dreamer

Feb 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
silly question - I submitted my POF and my spouse's POF but we didn't include a letter that shows that I have access to her account. I'm at assessment stage right now, do I need to forward them a letter that I have access to her account?

Thank you in advance!

joaojr123

Apr 27, 2017
silly question - I submitted my POF and my spouse's POF but we didn't include a letter that shows that I have access to her account. I'm at assessment stage right now, do I need to forward them a letter that I have access to her account?

Thank you in advance!
Do it in advance, if possible. OINP may request this or any other evidence that her funds are within your reach. Your luck is that from what I've read, they don't reject your application right away, unlike IRCC for the federal application.

CANdreams

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Hi All,

Looking for your ideas on my case. Any suggestions, thoughts are highly appreciated.

Received NOI on 6/29
CRS: 323
NOCs : 0131, 0213, 2147
Submitted OINP Application: 7/13
Later, i found that most of my submitted docs missing in Application, it could be due to system glitches following weekend. ie.. on 7/14.
I inquired OINP about this matter on 8/2, they asked me email some of the documents, which i sent them the next day ie..8/3.
No further updates since then.

Needless to say my application is still in 'Submitted' status painfully :-(

Is anyone else had such experience in this forum ?

mminam

Feb 20, 2015
Me too. I received NOI on July 11 and finally had my documents ready to submit on July 25, the day they closed :( Every day since then, I have been waiting for it to reopen.
Same here i got NOI on june 29th and preparing for docs when its closed all of a sudden. What are the expectations when its going to be opened? Any time soon before our NOI expires

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
OINP are sending Nominations as expected and the latest were sent on Friday.

For Accountants or Financial Analyst or Bankers or similar NOC should expect Nominations by 25th August.

For those waiting to register and submit documents should get things ready as in September they may open new registrations for the brief time.

Good Luck to all
@BillHyatt thanks for this information and for so much other information you have posted elsewhere. This is the first estimate I have seen of when OINP might open its HCP stream again. Where did you get the September estimate from?

As I have mentioned in many other posts, I received NOI on July 11, scrambled to gather my documents, and was ready to register and submit on July 25, the day they closed! So I have been really upset and checking for updates every day. I think your September estimate sounds reasonable, given that with the 14 day deadline to submit after registering, there will be no submissions after today (Monday August 7). Ontario officially says it takes 30-60 days to process an application, but most people on this forum, especially ICT people, seem to be getting their nominations in 10-30 days, so it's reasonable to estimate that the vast majority of applications will have been processed by September 7, and by then Ontario should have capacity to accept more. But I am curious where you are getting your September estimate from. I also think once Ontario updates its stats on number of nominations remaining for this year, we would be better able to estimate when it might reopen:
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_PROCESSINGTIMES.html

Reactions: tiagaoxavier

HADDY

Jul 15, 2017
@BillHyatt thanks for this information and for so much other information you have posted elsewhere. This is the first estimate I have seen of when OINP might open its HCP stream again. Where did you get the September estimate from?

As I have mentioned in many other posts, I received NOI on July 11, scrambled to gather my documents, and was ready to register and submit on July 25, the day they closed! So I have been really upset and checking for updates every day. I think your September estimate sounds reasonable, given that with the 14 day deadline to submit after registering, there will be no submissions after today (Monday August 7). Ontario officially says it takes 30-60 days to process an application, but most people on this forum, especially ICT people, seem to be getting their nominations in 10-30 days, so it's reasonable to estimate that the vast majority of applications will have been processed by September 7, and by then Ontario should have capacity to accept more. But I am curious where you are getting your September estimate from. I also think once Ontario updates its stats on number of nominations remaining for this year, we would be better able to estimate when it might reopen:
Well, I would say it would be safer to calculate 30-60 days as many of submitted applications might not be ICT bearing in mind that oinp had backlogs yet to be processed before the ict came on board and those applications are yet to be processed most especially the CEC group. ICT were given preferential treatment over others based on the shortage in ontario. So they would need to tackle that and give data about outstanding nominations for the quota before opening the stream.
I would be thinking October... if they still have any quota left for 2017.
But in all this upcoming update will shed more light on our speculations.

In all fairness, all applications received before July 25th has to be processed and noninations awarded to elligible applicants before processing all other applications between July 25th and Aug 8th. Afterwards... they can proceed to open up streams to make up balance fig for their quota if there's any left... my thoughts...

Last edited:

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto

This is just my prediction and the factors you have already mentioned.

Reactions: trumprefugee

Anjanirai

Feb 5, 2016
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
15-09-2017
Hey Guys,

What about the nominations people received on ICT week on June? I got my NOI and my CRS was below 400. Unfortunately, the stream got on hold before I could start my application. Do you think I can be rejected once the stream is open again?
Thanks!
You can submit your applications whenever the stream (HCP below 400 for ICT) opens within 6 months of your NOI. But, if it opens after 6 months of your NOI, then am afraid you will not be eligible as NOI is valid only for 6 months. We all pray that it should open up soon enough. In the meanwhile you must gather all your documents and keep therm ready.

Reactions: tiagaoxavier

MEB

Jun 16, 2017
Well, I would say it would be safer to calculate 30-60 days as many of submitted applications might not be ICT bearing in mind that oinp had backlogs yet to be processed before the ict came on board and those applications are yet to be processed most especially the CEC group. ICT were given preferential treatment over others based on the shortage in ontario. So they would need to tackle that and give data about outstanding nominations for the quota before opening the stream.
I would be thinking October... if they still have any quota left for 2017.
But in all this upcoming update will shed more light on our speculations.

In all fairness, all applications received before July 25th has to be processed and noninations awarded to elligible applicants before processing all other applications between July 25th and Aug 8th. Afterwards... they can proceed to open up streams to make up balance fig for their quota if there's any left... my thoughts...
I am an ICT candidate who submitted my application on the 13th of July ,got an ADR after 2 weeks which I Submitted its associated details within 30 minutes time ...and my application is yet still in the same boring Submitted phase...Hence Its not a mere reality that ICT in general were given preference all the way ..I know couple of people on this forum also in the same stage and they submitted prior to me by 2 weeks !

I am also excepting another round of NOI's after first or second week of September to compensate for Fallen, rejected and incomplete applications ...let's be honest here.... ICT people with less than 400 were not expecting this huge turn of fortune..so they rushed their way to finalize the applications ASAP which caused huge # of mistakes..not to mention the Glitches and load it caused for the system resulting in more application related errors ..furthermore many of these candidates didn't have their documents ready in the first place, but to catch the opportunity they submitted an application dress full of holes!
Hence I expect a reasonable round of NOI's in September to accommodate for this # of fallen soldiers ..

Last edited:
Reactions: Anjanirai

ge3qz

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Philippines
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-07-2017
I am an ICT candidate who submitted my application on the 13th of July ,got an ADR after 2 weeks which I Submitted its associated details within 30 minutes time ...and my application is yet still in the same boring Submitted phase...Hence Its not a real fact that ICT in general were given preference all the way ..I know couple of people on this forum also in the same stage and they submitted prior to me by 2 weeks !

I am also excepting another round of NOI's after first or second week of September to compensate for Fallen, rejected and incomplete applications ...let's be honest here.... ICT people with less than 400 were not expecting this huge turn of fortune..so they rushed their way to finalize the applications ASAP which caused huge # of errors ..not to mention the Glitches and load it caused for the system resulting in more application related errors ..furthermore many of these candidates didn't have their documents ready in the first place but to catch the opportunity they submitted an application dress full of holes!
Hence I expect a reasonable round of NOI's in September to accommodate for this # of fallen soldiers ..
have you seen these fallen soldiers? proof that they got rejected because of this and that?

Reactions: HADDY

ge3qz

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Philippines
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-07-2017
Hi All,

Looking for your ideas on my case. Any suggestions, thoughts are highly appreciated.

Received NOI on 6/29
CRS: 323
NOCs : 0131, 0213, 2147
Submitted OINP Application: 7/13
Later, i found that most of my submitted docs missing in Application, it could be due to system glitches following weekend. ie.. on 7/14.
I inquired OINP about this matter on 8/2, they asked me email some of the documents, which i sent them the next day ie..8/3.
No further updates since then.

Needless to say my application is still in 'Submitted' status painfully :-(

Is anyone else had such experience in this forum ?
i have this issue also. how did you contact them?

MEB

Jun 16, 2017
have you seen these fallen soldiers? proof that they got rejected because of this and that?
I am only expecting ..this is purely an opinion .. take for example these errors from the Forum threads :
1)Ticking you have Canadian Education ,while you do not ,hence not being prompted to enter you ECA serial ,dates and details
2)Not @All/ partially filling Activities Tab (that is not work related)
3)Very weak/No real POF proof
4)Work experience letter ,not including R&R or not stamped
5)Birth Certificates not fully translated
6)Scanning only few pages from Passports

In normal cases no one would blame an officer for rejecting such applications ,yes ...till now they are asking people nicely as they were just starting the race and have plenty of time and quota ahead ,but we duuno till when they will do that and how they will act if they had time limitations VS # of pending applications ,which is more stressful as we approach end of the year and associated quota .

There are 2 approaches in this decisive period ..either stick with current applications till last drop of sweat or give others a chance of submitting a better applications in terms of completeness and quality .

Again Just an opinion ...I am not forcing a probability/percentage on any of the approaches though !

Last edited:
Reactions: ge3qz and Anjanirai