jazzyapd

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dimhil said:
Hi All,

I am new to Canada Immigration, and could really use an answer specific to my case..
I am 30 year old IT professional residing in US with my H1B.
I am married and my wife is with me here in US, with all these Trump issues, I want to migrate to Canada for peace of mind.

I have given my IELTS general - R 9, L 8.5, W 7 and S 7.5
Also I have got my WES evaluated as 4 year Canadian equivalent. My Wife has also given IELTS and WES done.

I have created my CIC profile and my Score is 425.I know this score is not sufficient.
So, I need to know what should I do to get Canadian PR. I havent got any letter or invitaiton for OINP or from anyother state.

Can somebody please briefly guide me , what should I do??

Thanks A ton in Advance.
Hi Dimhil
You basically have 3 possibilities:
1) Hope that the EE draw score drops to 425 or below soon, which can very well happen in the next few weeks/months given the recent trends; the most recent drawing invited persons with a score of 434 and higher...you are only 9 points away from this score. Trick is there is no guarantee when exactly the score will get to the 420s. We can only hope that it drops some more soon.
2) Ontario has opened up their OINP Human Capital Priorities Stream for 2017 and so far they already started issuing Notifications of Interest to candidates in the EE pool with a score of 400 or higher. With your score you stand poised to get an Notification of Interest from OINP, you just have to sit tight and pray that when they start issuing again you get an NOI. They will be doing it in bursts from all indications; first set of NOIs were sent out around end of February, so it shouldn't be too long before they start issuing these again. Keep your fingers crossed.
3) Your IELTS scores are pretty good not sure how much it would be worth it to redo yours. If your wife's scores are not as good as yours you can have her redo the test if at all possible to try to improve on her score, and that will boost your overall EE score a bit.

Don't lose hope, you are in a decent position. Something good should come your way soon.

Shah.zeb

Feb 23, 2017
umarwaqas said:
Guys,

So, OINP has listed 'Current Resume' as requirement. Do I have to list down all of my professional experiences including job/roles I am not claiming points for or only the work experience I have listed in my EE profile?

P.S. I am not claiming points for my current role and few of previous roles. I have only listed and claiming points for a job I did for 3 years and that falls under single NOC code.

Well I sent my resume listing all jobs that I listed in the past 10 years paid work history and briefly described some key projects that I did in each role.

umarwaqas

Mar 12, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But we don't have to provide proof (Employment letter, contract, payslips etc.) of all the jobs if we aren't claiming the points for them? I mean we can mention them in the resume and in the application but supporting documents should be for only the job you are claiming points (EE data)?

Gauravjit

Mar 3, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gpsingh12 said:
Hello Guys,

I work with an MNC, and can only get reference letter from the online tool of my company.
We don't get any stamped letters but a digitally signed letter from HR.

The main issue is that, it only mentions your name, designation, date of joining and date of relieving/currently working but it doesn't provide any details regarding Roles and Responsibilities and its strictly written in the company website that only this information will be provided for reference letter and nothing else.

is there any way around and does CIC entertain that ?

Will highly appreciate your suggestions. Thanks!
Check the first page , there is a solution.

Proof of Employment:

Employer reference letter -

One of the most important documents in your application package is your employer reference letter. Your employer letter should be in the following format -

Letters must:
• be written on company letterhead,
• be signed by the responsible officer/supervisor,
• show the company's full address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail and website addresses, and
• be stamped with the company's official seal (if applicable).

Letters must include all of the following information:

• the specific period of your employment with the company (years and months),
• the positions you have held during the period of employment and the time spent in each position,
• your main responsibilities and duties in each position,
• your total annual salary plus benefits,
• the number of hours worked per week, and
• any extended periods of leave (i.e. more than one month).

A sample format of the letter is provided below -

To Whomsoever It May Concern

Date: Month Day, YYYY

Sub: Reference letter for Mr. XXXX

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is to certify that Mr.XXXX has been working for XXX company since XX. The details of his/her employment are as follows :

Current Designation: XXXX

Tenure of Employment: DD, MM, YYYY to Ongoing/DD, MM YYYY

Annual pay package: Currency XXXX

Number of hours worked per week: XX hours

Nature of work: Full time

Mr. XX performs the following duties in the role of a “XX”.

XX
XX
XX
XX

Feel free to contact me if you need any further information. My details are as follows.

Name: XX
Designation: XX
E-mail: XX
Contact Number: XX

Signature:
Many companies do NOT provide you a letter in such a format on the letter head of the company. In that case, get such a letter from your Manager/senior colleague. Get it duly signed from them and attach their business card/company ID card as proof. GET THIS LETTER NOTARIZED.

Shah.zeb

Feb 23, 2017
umarwaqas said:
But we don't have to provide proof (Employment letter, contract, payslips etc.) of all the jobs if we aren't claiming the points for them? I mean we can mention them in the resume and in the application but supporting documents should be for only the job you are claiming points (EE data)?
I agree. I only supplied the documents for all the positions that i wanted points for since one of the companies I worked for 8 years ago has closed down and I haven't even mentioned it in my express entry.

umarwaqas

Mar 12, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But I can't find the NOC code for my other jobs so do I have to mention them in my work history on ePortal or should I only mention the relevant jobs on portal and post the others in my resume only?

Dimhil

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
jazzyapd said:
Hi Dimhil
You basically have 3 possibilities:
1) Hope that the EE draw score drops to 425 or below soon, which can very well happen in the next few weeks/months given the recent trends; the most recent drawing invited persons with a score of 434 and higher...you are only 9 points away from this score. Trick is there is no guarantee when exactly the score will get to the 420s. We can only hope that it drops some more soon.
2) Ontario has opened up their OINP Human Capital Priorities Stream for 2017 and so far they already started issuing Notifications of Interest to candidates in the EE pool with a score of 400 or higher. With your score you stand poised to get an Notification of Interest from OINP, you just have to sit tight and pray that when they start issuing again you get an NOI. They will be doing it in bursts from all indications; first set of NOIs were sent out around end of February, so it shouldn't be too long before they start issuing these again. Keep your fingers crossed.
3) Your IELTS scores are pretty good not sure how much it would be worth it to redo yours. If your wife's scores are not as good as yours you can have her redo the test if at all possible to try to improve on her score, and that will boost your overall EE score a bit.

Don't lose hope, you are in a decent position. Something good should come your way soon.
Thank you for your reply, FOr OINP, do I need to recreate my profile as I created my profile in Nov 2016? If so can I have 2 profiles ?

Abby Alex

Star Member
Feb 14, 2017
Dimhil said:
Hi All,

I am new to Canada Immigration, and could really use an answer specific to my case..
I am 30 year old IT professional residing in US with my H1B.
I am married and my wife is with me here in US, with all these Trump issues, I want to migrate to Canada for peace of mind.

I have given my IELTS general - R 9, L 8.5, W 7 and S 7.5
Also I have got my WES evaluated as 4 year Canadian equivalent. My Wife has also given IELTS and WES done.

I have created my CIC profile and my Score is 425.I know this score is not sufficient.
So, I need to know what should I do to get Canadian PR. I havent got any letter or invitaiton for OINP or from anyother state.

Can somebody please briefly guide me , what should I do??

Thanks A ton in Advance.

Also I would like to add to the other reply you got
If your wife is as educated as you and do similar for the IELTS she may get better points than you. (Assuming that she is younger than you)
You may start to loose 5 points on your birthday. So let's hope that the points drop soon enough for you to get your ITA.

jazzyapd

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dimhil said:
Thank you for your reply, FOr OINP, do I need to recreate my profile as I created my profile in Nov 2016? If so can I have 2 profiles ?
Abby Alex's suggestion to try making your wife the primary applicant if her level of education and language test results are on par with yours and if she is younger is another option you can explore. In terms of profile recreation, I have seen persons on this forum say that it helps. I personally recreated my profile only because it was expiring in 24hrs. Not sure if that's what gave the push for me to get an OINP NOI or if it was sheer coincidence that I got the NOI later that very day. That being said, it probably won't hurt to recreate it; just know that it can take possibly 24 for your Job Bank registration to be linked to the new profile and for the profile to become fully active. You can only have 1 profile I believe. The older one you should Withdraw before you make the new one. Be careful of the transaction timing when/if you do decide to withdraw the old profile. Of course doing in on a Wednesday such as this coming one is probably not a very good idea cause you won't want to miss possible ITA because your new profile isn't active and up to date at the time of the draw.

min1

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
should i recreate profile for ontario my scre is 426 but no ITA from ontario.is it good to recreate on 16th

jazzyapd

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shah.zeb said:
Can anyone who has submitted their applications for Human captial stream clarify whether they uploaded their WES result on the system and also requested for a duplicate copy to be sent to the OINP.

If you have requested for a duplicate did you contact WES for a copy to CIC or did you mention OINP.
Hello Shah.zeb,
Did you ever find an answer to this question? I too am having the same query.

prvisit

Star Member
Feb 27, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, I have created my profile on 7th March. I have 400+ points. I didn't receive any NOI. still is ONIP open? is it still giving NOIs? Please let me know.

Elmira_Dos

Mar 12, 2017
Hi guys, I have created my profile on the 12th of March. I am at 418 points. I have not received any NOI yet. Did anyone receive it after 7-8 March?

Shah.zeb

Feb 23, 2017
jazzyapd said:
Hello Shah.zeb,
Did you ever find an answer to this question? I too am having the same query.
Yeah there is a special link on the WES website whereby u can order a ECA report to be sent directly to OINP. So i uploaded my wes on the application system as well as ordering a copy to be sent to them directly.