+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

Nreddy

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
vensak said:
Like app. 85% of applicants already got their nominations by now. Another 10% got PFL. So what is left is just small amount of opened application. You had no movement on your application, so I suggest you to contact them. Some applicants were reporting that their mails got lost or ignored. That is also reason, why you need to contact them.

The above numbers are estimation according to others timelines.
HI Vensak,

i just spoke to OINP folks and they said my application is at senior officer for Decision Phase.
do i expect them for request of any other documents during Decision phase?, and any idea usually how long will it take to make a decision.

Thanks

Nreddy

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
HI Raj,

can you plz confirm, if a CEC applicant working in Ontario needs to show proof of funds to OINP too.
i am working in Ontario and my monthly pay cheques are depositing in my account.
do i still need to show amount not less than LICO limit. plz kindly suggest.

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Nreddy said:
HI Raj,

can you plz confirm, if a CEC applicant working in Ontario needs to show proof of funds to OINP too.
i am working in Ontario and my monthly pay cheques are depositing in my account.
do i still need to show amount not less than LICO limit. plz kindly suggest.

Thanks
If you can prove that you are working in Ontario and are being paid, you do NOT have to show proof of funds to OINP. Page 14 of the application guide (Human Capital Priorities Stream).

AJAYS

Nov 18, 2014
Dear Raj,

I am one of the very few Feb 2016 OINP applicants yet to receive a nomination. I'll summarize my progress so far as follows (NOC 2133):

EE profile creation: Jan 2 2016
OINP PT notification: Jan 6 2016
OINP application submission: Feb 18 2016
AOR: Aug 22 2016

(IELTS score expires, test taken since 30 days deadline from OINP and new EE profile created on Sept 2016)

updated document request: Nov 11 2016
document submission: Nov 19 2016 (no acknowledgement received)

But on Dec 14 2016, I received a mail reminding me that they are yet to receive the requested docs and I have time till 19 Dec to submit all the files. I replied to the case processing officer with proof of previous mail sent (Nov 19) and sent another mail with all the requested docs once again.

Since then nothing has been heard so far and the program update from OINP on Jan 12 2017 just makes me more nervous :(

I have seen many applicants getting an acknowledgement on reception of documents requested.

Just to confirm docs is received, should I mail the case processing officer or call OINP office?

Waiting for your suggestions..

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
AJAYS said:
Dear Raj,

I am one of the very few Feb 2016 OINP applicants yet to receive a nomination. I'll summarize my progress so far as follows (NOC 2133):

(IELTS score expires, test taken since 30 days deadline from OINP and new EE profile created on Sept 2016)

But on Dec 14 2016, I received a mail reminding me that they are yet to receive the requested docs and I have time till 19 Dec to submit all the files. I replied to the case processing officer with proof of previous mail sent (Nov 19) and sent another mail with all the requested docs once again.

Since then nothing has been heard so far and the program update from OINP on Jan 12 2017 just makes me more nervous :(

I have seen many applicants getting an acknowledgement on reception of documents requested.

Just to confirm docs is received, should I mail the case processing officer or call OINP office?

Better to send an email and follow up with a phone call.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
AJAYS said:
Dear Raj,

I suppose this has happened to a couple of other applicants too.

You can send an e-mail asking for an acknowledgement of receipt of additional documentation and a status on your application. You can also call them and if you are lucky, you'll be able to talk to an officer (not an operator; I was once able to talk to an officer who took time to explain what is happening with my application and he made more sense than anyone else I had spoken to from OINP before) and get to know what is happening with your application.

AJAYS

Nov 18, 2014
rajkamalmohanram said:
I suppose this has happened to a couple of other applicants too.

You can send an e-mail asking for an acknowledgement of receipt of additional documentation and a status on your application. You can also call them and if you are lucky, you'll be able to talk to an officer (not an operator; I was once able to talk to an officer who took time to explain what is happening with my application and he made more sense than anyone else I had spoken to from OINP before) and get to know what is happening with your application.
Thanks a lot for your advise Raj and I'll do as suggested. Will keep you posted once any progress is made on my application :)

Nad86

Star Member
Jan 19, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
If you can prove that you are working in Ontario and are being paid, you do NOT have to show proof of funds to OINP. Page 14 of the application guide (Human Capital Priorities Stream).
Hi Raj. What happens if the dependent is working in Ontario not the main applicant. Can this employment be counted as a proof of funding? Thanks.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Nad86 said:
Hi Raj. What happens if the dependent is working in Ontario not the main applicant. Can this employment be counted as a proof of funding? Thanks.
I don't think so. No. The primary applicant has to be working in Ontario to claim this exemption AFAIK.

Nreddy

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Thanks Raj,

yes i do.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nreddy said:
HI Vensak,

i just spoke to OINP folks and they said my application is at senior officer for Decision Phase.
do i expect them for request of any other documents during Decision phase?, and any idea usually how long will it take to make a decision.

Thanks
Anywhere between 1 day and several months. So you shall contact them ever so often to check about your update (something like every 2 weeks or so). But the positive part is that they got your mail with additional documents. Otherwise they would tell you that they do not see those.

supatopshota

Jan 2, 2017
Based on prior openings, how long does OINP normally stay open to send out NOIs? E.g. when SINP EE and SINP OID opened earlier this month they closed within a matter of hours. Is this the same kind of window that OINP has?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
supatopshota said:
Based on prior openings, how long does OINP normally stay open to send out NOIs? E.g. when SINP EE and SINP OID opened earlier this month they closed within a matter of hours. Is this the same kind of window that OINP has?
OINP (Human Capital Priorities Stream) opened around June 2015 and remained open till Feb, 2016.