+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

wisak

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,
I received my AoR today but have mixed feelings because of my situation, below is my timeline:

OINP PT Notification: 11/01/2016
OINP App Received in Toronto: 5/2/2016
OINP AOR: 12/08/2016
OINP Nomination: Waiting

I had applied to Nova Scotia in July, 2015 and waited for both provinces to send AoR until June, 2016. I eventually got AoR and subsequently nomination from Nova Scotia in July, 2016. Since it didn't make any sense to let Nova Scotia sleep through my finger while waiting for Ontario that I wasn't even sure of an AoR or nomination, I accepted the nomination from Nova Scotia and eventually put in my PR application to CIC 5 days ago only for me to receive an AoR from Ontario today.

I really prefer Ontario to Nova Scotia because I feel the opportunities are more but at the same time don't want to take chances as I see that I would still have to wait 6-9months after AoR before getting nomination from Ontario (with the possibility of request for additional documents etc). Maybe I am a little self centred here but a part of me feels "don't loose the chance with Nova Scotia" while another part feels "don't short change yourself by going for Nova Scotia" as you would eventually make it through with your Ontario application.

I have heard it severally that irrespective of the province that nominates you, you can settle anywhere in Canada but I don't know how true this is, I need your candid advice/opinion on my situation.

Thank you.

gp0504

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
wisak said:
Dear All,
I received my AoR today but have mixed feelings because of my situation, below is my timeline:

OINP PT Notification: 11/01/2016
OINP App Received in Toronto: 5/2/2016
OINP AOR: 12/08/2016
OINP Nomination: Waiting

I had applied to Nova Scotia in July, 2015 and waited for both provinces to send AoR until June, 2016. I eventually got AoR and subsequently nomination from Nova Scotia in July, 2016. Since it didn't make any sense to let Nova Scotia sleep through my finger while waiting for Ontario that I wasn't even sure of an AoR or nomination, I accepted the nomination from Nova Scotia and eventually put in my PR application to CIC 5 days ago only for me to receive an AoR from Ontario today.

I really prefer Ontario to Nova Scotia because I feel the opportunities are more but at the same time don't want to take chances as I see that I would still have to wait 6-9months after AoR before getting nomination from Ontario (with the possibility of request for additional documents etc). Maybe I am a little self centred here but a part of me feels "don't loose the chance with Nova Scotia" while another part feels "don't short change yourself by going for Nova Scotia" as you would eventually make it through with your Ontario application.

I have heard it severally that irrespective of the province that nominates you, you can settle anywhere in Canada but I don't know how true this is, I need your candid advice/opinion on my situation.

Thank you.
My two cents - Looking at the trend in the OINP timelines and the fact that an AOR does not necessarily guarantee a nomination (just trying to be practical, not pessimistic), I think you should go for Nova Scotia. Yes, it's not as promising as Ontario in terms of opportunities, but it's not so bad either. I honestly believe one in hand is better than two in the bush, so if I were you, I would go with NS. The sooner your PR comes through, the sooner you can start to build your new life in Canada. And at some point in the future, you can always relocate to Ontario!

wisak

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gp0504 said:
My two cents - Looking at the trend in the OINP timelines and the fact that an AOR does not necessarily guarantee a nomination (just trying to be practical, not pessimistic), I think you should go for Nova Scotia. Yes, it's not as promising as Ontario in terms of opportunities, but it's not so bad either. I honestly believe one in hand is better than two in the bush, so if I were you, I would go with NS. The sooner your PR comes through, the sooner you can start to build your new life in Canada. And at some point in the future, you can always relocate to Ontario!
Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it.

amhbala

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
Hi,

I am a CEC candidate and working in ontario for the past 3 years.. I got the OINP PT on Feb and submitted the application in March(yet to get AOR). Is it fine if I submit the application for Quebec or will it create any issue for my ONIP application. Kindly provide your suggestions.

Thank you

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Hi two questions:
1. Does this scheme have any occupation caps or a priority occupation list? On what basis are candidates selected?

2. Licence- as an engineer (2133), I may need a licence, however its been mentioned that some people have got through without a licence (it's not possible to get one from outside Canada). Has anyone here been able to get through as an Engineer or similar? I cannot change my NOC.

Mustafa Elnile

Feb 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-February 2016
Doc's Request.
4-December 2016
Nomination.....
19-December 2016
AOR Received.
16-August 2016
kongara999 said:
Dear friends
Just received my AOR from OOPNP.
Date documents Received feb 1st
Congratulations wish you speedy nomination ;)

pxyarala

Feb 12, 2016
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
12-11-2016
Nomination.....
December 16th 2016 OINP
AOR Received.
22-08-2016
Hi Raj,

In response to my email to OINP asking status of my application I got the reply as pasted below in between the dotted lines. I wanted to know if my application will not be returned for any reason between now and the AOR.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ontario Nominee (MCIIT) <ontarionominee@ontario.ca>

To
Pavan Kumar Yarala

Aug 13 at 12:36 AM

Code:
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for applying to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program.  

We have reviewed and accepted your application. We have now put your application in the queue for further processing. 
You will receive an acknowledgement letter that will include your file tracking number.
Please note that processing is taking longer than usual due the large number of applications in our inventory.
The OINP appreciates your patience as it works diligently to process the high-volume of applications received.
Please note that if you are in Canada, it is your responsibility to remain in legal status throughout the time while your application is being processed by our program.

Do NOT submit any documentation to this office until you have received a formal acknowledgement letter from PNP advising that your application has been accepted for processing and advising you of your assigned file number. 

Sincerely,

Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program  | Programme Ontarien des Candidats à  l’Immigration 

Ministry of Citizenship, Immigration and International Trade | Ministère des Affaires civiques, de l’Immigration et du Commerce international
Government of Ontario | Gouvernement de l’Ontario
5th floor | 5ème étage 
400 University Ave. | 400, avenue University
Toronto ON | M7A 2R9
Tel | Tél : (416) 327-0374
Fax | Télécopieur : (416) 327-0860
Email: Ontarionominee@ontario.ca | candidatontarien@ontario.ca
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wisak

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,
Can one engage in a postgraduate (PhD) study after arriving Canada as a permanent resident and still obtain citizenship after 3 years of studying? does studying impact the minimum number of years required to obtain citizenship?

mohhit

Dec 27, 2015
Hello all. My best wishes for all the applicants.
My question is when you need funds to show or support your application ? Are they required to get PT notification?
Thanks again in advance.

sdavs

Aug 14, 2016
hi

I have recently created EE profile and have 407 points. I also applied for Prince Edward Nomination and created a profile in Job seekers. Any thing else I need to do or need to to apply to increase my chances. I will loose 10 points post Nov for Age . What I can do more to remain in pool for Ontario.

Pls help

amriash

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
Kitchener
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
Nomination.....
16-11-2016
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
Med's Done....
11-12-2016
Not sure if you got your answer yet so, I am trying to reply on your two questions.
i.r.t. Q1: as far as I know you are ok here and can create new profile once you are approaching you EE profile expiry. As and when you are doing so, send email/fax to OPNP office with your new and old details. w.r.t nominations, if your file is good, I expect you must get nomination within two months.

i.r.t. Q2: When you create a profile you would get an email with two pdf's. using this pdf's you would be able to register on the job bank. you must have got it as well. Check your email or the profile on express entry portal in the messages section. you must find attachments. if not, try latest browsers. It is by default that you get these.

ihopethisworksout said:
2 Questions:

In my AOR letter (received today) it says:
Question 1:
Since I received my AOR today and created my EE profile in early December 2015 and at the moment it seems like getting the Nomination from here will still take another 6-9 month I know my EE profile will likely expire does this mean I should create a new one now or will it be possible at a later stage again? Note it says "should you wish to continue with your OINP application using a new profile, you must email the following to our office within 30 calendar days of this letter", in the AOR letter received today.

Question 2:
It says to "include a copy of the letter you received from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) acknowledging the new profile". I don't remember ever receiving a physical letter after creating my EE profile, just an email is that what they mean by letter?

Thanks.

amrmakhalil

Aug 15, 2016
Hi experts,
I am a pharmacist and currently preparing my file for OINP, I made my ECA from WES but I came across this statement on the OINP website:
“Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (PEBC) Applicants to the OINP must include the original ECA report issued by PEBC as part of the application package to the OINP. If it is not included, your application will be considered incomplete and will be returned to you”
Does this mean that, I have to get my ECA from the PEBC or the one that I obtained from the WES is sufficient?[/b][/b]
Thanks in advance.

TLOU

Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017
Hi all,

I just received my AOR today. Documents were sent and received on 16th of February. My Express Entry profile will expire January 2017. Should I create a new profile now?

Because in the letter they mentioned "Should your Express Entry profile - for which Ontario’s Notification of Interest was issued - expire or be removed from the Express Entry system, and should you wish to continue with your OINP application using a new profile, you must email the following to our office within 30 calendar days of this letter:"

I'm not sure how long it will take from AOR to nomination at this point and I have yet to submit the proper ECA to them. Should I wait for them to ask me that also?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
TLOU said:
Hi all,

I just received my AOR today. Documents were sent and received on 16th of February. My Express Entry profile will expire January 2017. Should I create a new profile now?

Because in the letter they mentioned "Should your Express Entry profile - for which Ontario’s Notification of Interest was issued - expire or be removed from the Express Entry system, and should you wish to continue with your OINP application using a new profile, you must email the following to our office within 30 calendar days of this letter:"

I'm not sure how long it will take from AOR to nomination at this point and I have yet to submit the proper ECA to them. Should I wait for them to ask me that also?
No. Don't wait for them to ask. Just order a copy and send them the receipt.

Good luck!

xxtreme

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Bangladesh
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Any ideas when OINP will start sending notification again?