+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

Reena87

Star Member
Jun 9, 2016
samra_ said:
Dear ,

I have accepted the OINP nomination on 1st Feb 16 and sent the required docs to OINP. But my CIC Express Entry Profile status of Province/Territory Nomination which is still showing "No nomination at this time". I sent the Case Specific Enquiry twice but no update.

How should I inform CIC that update my status as "Pending".

Any advise pls .....

Regards

Samra
You have sent documents for oinp to approve your nomination. It was i guess interest of letter that you got in February Not the nomination. Now the oinp will evaluate and then they will give you nomination. If that makes any sense. I hope it's helpful somewhat to you

Telitos

Star Member
Jan 30, 2016
Hi,

I am about to complete my OINP application, but there are a few points I was hoping someone could help shed some light on. In order of appearance in the application:

1) Section A) Part 6) : Visits in Canada

Are we supposed to list all entries into Canada or only general visits, not taking vacations out of Canada and the like into account? For instance, if I was studying with a valid study permit for 4 years, do I count the 4 years as a single visit even if left Canada for summer/winter, or should I break it down as multiple visits? (same question with a valid, multiple-year work permit)

2)Section D) Part 3): Work history

i) Do we need to provide support documents for all jobs regardless of whether we are claiming points for the job towards FSWP or CEC, or may we provide supporting documents for only these jobs that we intend to claim points for? (Please provide support for the answer, as this seems to be a crucial point.)
ii) Similar to question 1) above, is 4 years of education in Canada under a valid and continuous study permit considered as one single continuous period, or do we have to break it down to include the times we left Canada for summer/winter vacations?
iii) Similar to ii) above, when working at one job and taking time off, at which points does the “time off” period becomes too long for the work to be considered as continuous (for instance, if I left Canada for a month while employed and return to my former employment upon returning to Canada (under the same work permit), do I have to mention the one month period and consider myself “unemployed” during that period?

3) Section J) Application Checklist – VI Additional Supporting documents.

Must we include a copy of ALL study/work permits that we have had while in Canada? I am afraid I have lost my study permit a long time ago. Does this compromise my application completely? Can I fix it?

I thank you all very much for taking the time to read this and hope that the answers may help others that have similar concerns.

samra_

Star Member
Feb 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Reena87 said:
You have sent documents for oinp to approve your nomination. It was i guess interest of letter that you got in February Not the nomination. Now the oinp will evaluate and then they will give you nomination. If that makes any sense. I hope it's helpful somewhat to you
I think so. I received a letter from OINP, stating that if you accept this letter your profile will not be visible for other provinces. Since I have sent my docs to OINP as an acceptance but there is no change in my CIC profile status. I think CIC is not aware that I have accepted the PNP. And its been more than 100 days, I didnt get any feedback from OINP

malican

May 24, 2016
samra_ said:
I think so. I received a letter from OINP, stating that if you accept this letter your profile will not be visible for other provinces. Since I have sent my docs to OINP as an acceptance but there is no change in my CIC profile status. I think CIC is not aware that I have accepted the PNP. And its been more than 100 days, I didnt get any feedback from OINP
While the AOR and Nomination is being processed your profile will still be visible to other provinces. However, after the nomination and your acceptance it is no longer visible.

Even though you may have accepted the PT Notification you still need to be nominated by OINP which you have to accept then CIC/EE will "pick" you at a draw.

regalkp

Star Member
Feb 28, 2016
Please help me guys!!

There is a clause in the OINP guide that passport should be at least of 2 yrs of validity when you apply for the OINP.

I have applied for the program in February 2016 and my passport is going to get expired in November 2017 which is about 1.5 yrs from now. Since it is less than 2 yrs, will it harm my application?

Moreover, I called Passport office helpline, they told me that passport can't be renewed before 1 yr. Pls provide your kind suggestions.

regalkp

Star Member
Feb 28, 2016
MDM23 said:
I had applied when my passport was to expire in 17 months. After 6 months I got aor, it with 11 months to go I got aor. But plus do provide a letter of explanation stating the reason why you cannot get your passport renewed and between aor and nomination, get a new passport and send them the xerox of the required pages and fill the document mentioning the update in your personal information. Hope this helps
My case is same. However I haven't added Letter of explanation pls throw some light.

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
regalKp,

Because of the passport issue, my friend's application has been returned y'day. He was in same situation like you and about to renew it.

Thanks,

MDM23

Dec 7, 2015
kalpan said:
regalKp,

Because of the passport issue, my friend's application has been returned y'day. He was in same situation like you and about to renew it.

Thanks,
did you friend get AOR or not?

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
MDM,
NO...THEY RETURNED HIS COMPLETE PACKAGE TO THE ADDRESS MENTIONED AND MENTIONED THIS REASON IN THE NOTES.

regalkp

Star Member
Feb 28, 2016
kalpan said:
MDM,
NO...THEY RETURNED HIS COMPLETE PACKAGE TO THE ADDRESS MENTIONED AND MENTIONED THIS REASON IN THE NOTES.
Its an issue with Indian passports, it cannot be renewed before 1 yr.

AJAYS

Nov 18, 2014
Hi all,

I do need some help regarding the time frame for getting a OINP nomination, post submission.

I'll explain my situation in detail.

After creating a new EE profile in January, I received a PT notification on 6th Jan and I submitted my OINP application on 18th Feb 2016.

So far I haven't heard anything from OINP office and what worries me most is my IELTS test expiry, which is on August 13th.

I have booked for a new test, but as my EE profile is getting deleted I am creating a new one ASAP when my IELTS results are out.

Since I haven't received a file number so far, is there any procedure to inform OINP office on change of EE profile?

If I notify them with the new EE profile, will that affect the overall processing time?

Please help me on this..

Raghuraj

May 19, 2016
Hello Mr.Raj,

How do we know which all are provinces are open and which all would e opening shortly.

Thanks in advance

elasticman2

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,
Havent been here in a while.
Do we know which dates are getting AOR's these days?
My app was recieved on february 19th...

Skvach

Oct 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
elasticman2 said:
Hi all,
Havent been here in a while.
Do we know which dates are getting AOR's these days?
My app was recieved on february 19th...
5th Jan

mumairs87

Jun 12, 2016
Hi,

I have CRS score of more than 400, and currently residing outside Canada. I had my ECA done from WES, and they rated it as Bachelor's Degree (3 Years). On this ECA, would I be eligible under OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream, since it states to hold a Bachelor's Degree, but I couldn't find anywhere that should it be 3 or 4 years, or both are eligible.

Thanks!