+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

Reena87

Star Member
Jun 9, 2016
MDM23 said:
You can follow the December oinp thread. That will give you a rough idea of when to expect an aor. There have been discussions happening that oinp is prioritizing the applications of those applicants who's permit is expiring in near future. Not trying to get your hopes High but that is a general trend. However it is the applicant's responsibility to maintain a valid permit state in this country whIle the oinp is processing their application and upon renewing the permit, send out a copy of the permit to oinp ASAP.
Thanks a lot

sow89

Apr 5, 2016
Hey, I jus have this doubt guys my work permit expires by the end of July and I got AOR last week .now I'm planning to apply for visitor visa .But I'm thinking if I can apply BOWP (paper)and visitor visa simultaneously.Are we allowed to apply 2 applications at a time .please lemme know your concerns .thank you in advance .

butters1690

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
sow89 said:
Hey, I jus have this doubt guys my work permit expires by the end of July and I got AOR last week .now I'm planning to apply for visitor visa .But I'm thinking if I can apply BOWP (paper)and visitor visa simultaneously.Are we allowed to apply 2 applications at a time .please lemme know your concerns .thank you in advance .
I'm in the exact 100% same situation as you! I plan to apply to switch my status to visitor... still debating if I should submit a BOWP paper application because it's going to be rejected anyways and god knows when the nomination will come!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
sow89 said:
butters1690 said:
I'm in the exact 100% same situation as you! I plan to apply to switch my status to visitor... still debating if I should submit a BOWP paper application because it's going to be rejected anyways and god knows when the nomination will come!
You mean AOR from OINP? If yes, then you CANNOT apply for a BOWP. You should have submitted your e-APR and R10 should be complete for you to be eligible to submit an application for BOWP.

Applying for visitor's visa is your best bet - don't go out of status.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
shashankpilot1 said:
Hi, I want to understand if it is possible to apply for OINP Human capital priority stream without being to Canada? I mean if I satisfy the Federal Skilled Worker requirement & CRS requirement of 400+ score, can I apply for the Human Capital express entry stream without being to Canada or Ontario? How do I prove my tie to Ontario as I might have none as I have never been to Canada? If I do not prove any ties, will my application get rejected?
Did you not read the initial post in this thread? Things have been mentioned very clearly - OINP's EE Streams are for people without a job offer. People without Canadian work experience can apply. For the rest of the information, please read the post - if you don't understand something in that, feel free to post your questions. Kindly do some research before posting questions.

Reena87

Star Member
Jun 9, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
You mean AOR from OINP? If yes, then you CANNOT apply for a BOWP. You should have submitted your e-APR and R10 should be complete for you to be eligible to submit an application for BOWP.

Applying for visitor's visa is your best bet - don't go out of status.
I wanted to apply for visitor visa as my status will expire soon. I was wonder if we need to give specific reason behind visitor visa application. If yes, do we say that we are waiting for our application process to be done or we give other reasons like we want to spend some time around and stuff like that?
Please advise. Thanks in advance

Nilkanth Lucky

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-02-2016
Doc's Request.
July, 2016
Nomination.....
September, 2016
AOR Received.
October, 2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
08-04-2017
Implied status: General information

www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/permit/implied.asp

garry91

Mar 9, 2016
hey guys,

i have applied for BOWP on basis of AOR of OINP work permit will expire today. i know it is not the best option and it will be rejected , but processing time for paper based application is around 100 days around 3 more months. therefore i hope i receive nomination by them. i have informed OINP office thru email that i have applied my extension and can still maintain legal status. please suggests me if it ok to be on implied status till the time you receive your nomination??

Heathcliff77

May 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
I'm sorry if this question was answered before but I searched so many pages of this thread and never found an answer please somebody help.

I have created an EE profile about a month ago, my score is 478, and I have 4 years of foreign work experience, good IELTS results and a university bachelor's degree. But I have not received a PT from Ontario, can anybody tell me why?

MDM23

Dec 7, 2015
Heathcliff77 said:
I'm sorry if this question was answered before but I searched so many pages of this thread and never found an answer please somebody help.

I have created an EE profile about a month ago, my score is 478, and I have 4 years of foreign work experience, good IELTS results and a university bachelor's degree. But I have not received a PT from Ontario, can anybody tell me why?
There is a temporary pause on select streams under Ontario immigration nominee program. The details of the same can be read on the following link http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNEW.html. read the information dated May 9th 2016 and you'll get more details

Heathcliff77

May 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
MDM23 said:
There is a temporary pause on select streams under Ontario immigration nominee program. The details of the same can be read on the following link http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNEW.html. read the information dated May 9th 2016 and you'll get more details
Thanks a lot.

There are no news yet of when it'll reopen?

Telitos

Star Member
Jan 30, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Submitting letters from jobs that you are claiming points for will suffice. Mention in a LOE that you are not submitting letters for other employers because you are NOT claiming points for those jobs.
Hi rajkamalmohanram,

First, thank you for this comprehensive guide.

Regarding the quote above, I've seen you reply the same thing to this question multiple times, but I just have to be sure. I apologize in advance for bringing this up once again.

It is clearly stated on the OINP Form, Section D-Occupation and Education, that you should provide employment letters for ALL jobs that you have had for the past 10 years (or since you're 18). The language in the application does not suggest that you may provide such letters only if you intend to claim points for the job in question (and since this is part of the "Personal/Work History", I assumed maybe the letters of employment are meant to provide proofs that you actually were working when you claim you were).

So my question to you is, how do you know for sure that you may only submit letters of employment for the jobs you intend to claims points for and then submit an LOE (which I'm assuming stand for Letter of Explanation) explaining why you do so? Have you done this yourself or have heard of people doing so who did not get penalized for it?

Once again, I apologize for the redundancy of this theme, but I have to be sure before I base such a costly application on its truth. If you have already answered this particular question somewhere in this thread, I apologize doubly, and I would appreciate if you would refer me to it.

Thank you very much for your involvement on this forum!

rita123

Jun 20, 2016
Hi everyone,

My passport is only valid for 14 months which is less than 2 years. Is it gonna be a reason to reject my application?
My timeline is
PT Feb.8
sent out application Feb.22
FN June. 17

MDM23

Dec 7, 2015
rita123 said:
Hi everyone,

My passport is only valid for 14 months which is less than 2 years. Is it gonna be a reason to reject my application?
My timeline is
PT Feb.8
sent out application Feb.22
FN June. 17
I had applied when my passport was to expire in 17 months. After 6 months I got aor, it with 11 months to go I got aor. But plus do provide a letter of explanation stating the reason why you cannot get your passport renewed and between aor and nomination, get a new passport and send them the xerox of the required pages and fill the document mentioning the update in your personal information. Hope this helps