+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

sonhdalal

Sep 12, 2014
I'd like to get an advice regarding my situation. I am currently working in BC but am not eligible under BC PNP, however, I am eligible under OINP (412 pts by August when I complete my 1 year working experiance). If I applied under OINP, do I have to move to Ontario before applying? it's okay if I did after applying? or I can move after I get nominated?

After getting nominated how is CEC and federal skilled worker program different other than the additional CRS points under the federal program?. Also, does my experiance of 1 year has to be in 1 specific noc?

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
Hi Folks,

How much time does it take to get the points increased in the EE Profile. Based on my spouse profile (primary applicant), we got the 411 score in EE. Now my WES has come and it has been qualified as Masters (Canadian Equivalence Summary). I have updated and transmitted the profile in EE. It is also showing as submitted. However, CRS is not getting updated and shown as

CRS - Spouse - Level of Education 0

This is making the score stick to 411, otherwise, it should go up to 421.

Please guide...where I am getting wrong...

Thank you,
Pawshi.

Nidish

Jan 27, 2016
Pawshi said:
Hi Folks,

How much time does it take to get the points increased in the EE Profile. Based on my spouse profile (primary applicant), we got the 411 score in EE. Now my WES has come and it has been qualified as Masters (Canadian Equivalence Summary). I have updated and transmitted the profile in EE. It is also showing as submitted. However, CRS is not getting updated and shown as

CRS - Spouse - Level of Education 0

This is making the score stick to 411, otherwise, it should go up to 421.

Please guide...where I am getting wrong...

Thank you,
Pawshi.
Hi,

You would generally get an email from CIC when the profile is updated. Wait for 24 hrs and by then the profile should be updated.

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
Got It. EE is all about waiting and waiting.......learning it hard-way....waiting for the PT invite from OINP.

Thank you,
Pawshi

jasonspeaks

May 2, 2016
Hello folks,

Does anyone have any insights on whether this is causing the delays in responses from OINP

Article: Immigration union under trusteeship over finances, infighting

The federal public-service union representing Canada’s 17,000 immigration and employment workers is under trusteeship following allegations of serious financial troubles in some of its regional offices and infighting among its executive members.

In an unusual move, the Public Service Alliance of Canada says it placed the union under trusteeship earlier this year after an unprecedented number of complaints by and against members of the Canada Employment and Immigration Union’s national executive, as well as audits into financial-related issues at the regional level.

PSAC made the move in February, at the same time as Canada was racing to meet a deadline to resettle Syrian refugees. Immigration workers worked long hours to help the government meet its deadline to take in 25,000 Syrian refugees by the end of the month.

It also comes as PSAC, one of Canada’s largest unions, is in the midst of difficult contract talks with the federal government.

PSAC said in a letter obtained by The Globe and Mail that CEIU was put into trusteeship after an audit sparked the need for a broader financial inquiry.

“The scope of the audit was expanded to include all of the regions as a result of serious financial-related issues brought to the administrator’s attention in some regions. ... Audits in two regions are still under way and the others will follow,” according to a March 10 letter from PSAC president Robyn Benson to local union presidents.

“It is very unusual for a component [union] to be placed into administration or trusteeship within PSAC.”

CEIU is the third-largest component union of PSAC, representing public-service workers at Service Canada, Employment and Social Development Canada, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, and the Immigration and Refugee Board. It is led by a national executive elected every three years.

The union’s troubles surfaced last year, when complaints against the CEIU national executive started rolling in.

“By late summer 2015, the CEIU national executive was embroiled in complaints and counter complaints laid by and against each other, as well as by members. The leadership was divided and seemingly incapable of governing itself without assistance,” Ms. Benson wrote.

She also cited disagreement over the relocation of vice-president Michelle Henderson, following the resignation last year of then-president Steve McCuaig.

“The number of complaints within CEIU at the national level within the last year was unprecedented within the PSAC, and showed no signs of abating,” Ms. Benson wrote.

The national executive also remained “deeply divided” over Ms. Henderson’s working arrangement because she was not working out of the CEIU national office on a full-time basis, “as expected by the majority of the national executive.”

Ms. Benson did not indicate which two regions were under financial scrutiny, but The Globe confirmed Ontario, as well as British Columbia and Yukon – which fall under the same region – are currently under review.

“It’s not really something I can talk about because it’s under investigation,” said Crystal Warner, deputy trustee for B.C. and Yukon.

The Globe has confirmed Ontario is also currently being audited over concerns related to accountability in the region’s financial reporting, although a union source said the police have not been called in.

There were no further details on the reasons for the audits in Ontario and B.C.

Marcil Lavallée, the firm that runs PSAC’s annual audits, was tasked with conducting a national administrative audit of the CEIU. The audit was expanded after financial concerns were raised to trustee Chris Aylward, who is the national executive vice-president of PSAC. Mr. Aylward said he would not comment on internal union matters.

Ms. Benson said the move to place CEIU in trusteeship is “not punitive,” emphasizing that the union asked PSAC for assistance last year. CEIU is still in the hands of PSAC more than two months after going into trusteeship.

She said the deputy trustees are holding biweekly conference calls in an effort to move the union out of trusteeship, adding she hopes they do so “very, very soon.”

Speaking on background, some members of the now dismantled CEIU national executive said they feel PSAC dug up the financial concerns as a reason to throw the union into trusteeship.

Best,

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Can you please post the link where you got this written article from?

quarko

Star Member
May 23, 2015
CanadaWeCome said:
Can you please post the link where you got this written article from?
Eghm, first google result: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/public-service-union-under-trusteeship-over-finances-infighting/article29819187/?cmpid=rss1

magdiwissa

Mar 28, 2012
Hi All, I need your help Please :)

I've created an Express Entry Profile on 28, January 2016 and my score was 447 points. After four days, I've received invitation to apply from the OINP (I decided to apply due to the high increase rate of scores of draws every while) So, i prepared my documents and sent all the package on 10, March 2016 with a bank draft of admission fees.

Suddenly, my score increased to 472 points due to some changes in my case !! My question is: May i cancel my OINP admission and save the admission fees (bank draft) ? or keep going in this process ALTHOUGH, i'm expecting the -regular- ITA anytime with the next draw ?!! Please help me to decide, thank you.

cuwat

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seniors, I need your help.

My application sent on 10 February 2016, and has been received by OINP on 16 February 2016. So, I am waiting for the AOR.

Do you think that I can send my updated Bank's Reference Letter now, to show that the money have been maintained for the last more than 3 months?

*by the time I sent my application (2nd Feb), the money had just transferred to my account (as main principle) from my spouse's bank account. But, now, the money has been in my account for more than 4 months (untouchable) and I have requested a new bank reference letter.

If I dont do this, I am afraid they will return my application back due to the evidence provided did not show proof of maintaining the minimum settlement fund amount for three months prior to my application.

If yes, how I could proceed this process? Can I send it by email or must be posted?

Thank you for your attention.

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
CRS score increased from 411 to 421. But no PT invite till date. Waiting....

Thank you,
Pawshi

greysky1866

Star Member
Nov 4, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
29-09-16
File Transfer...
23-11-16
Med's Done....
06-Dec-16
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
Dear Raj,

I had sent additional documents (6 Months bank statement & WES report directly to be sent to Ontario Immigration) to OINP as requested by them as on 26-April-2016. I have asked them to acknowledge the mail on receipt. I, in-fact received any automated response that your mail will be answered within 15 days.

My question is:

1) How will I come to know whether the case officer has received the documents? Will they mail me back.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IELTS score: L-8, S-8, W-7, R-7. Overall : 7.5
Points: 420. EE Created: 25-Oct-15. OINP Nomination: 28-Oct-15.Docs Sent to Ontario: 12-Nov-15. AOR received: 08-Mar-16. 1st Query Received: 25-Apr-16. Query Answered with supporting docs: 26-Apr-16. Status: Awaited.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
magdiwissa said:

I've created an Express Entry Profile on 28, January 2016 and my score was 447 points. After four days, I've received invitation to apply from the OINP (I decided to apply due to the high increase rate of scores of draws every while) So, i prepared my documents and sent all the package on 10, March 2016 with a bank draft of admission fees.

Suddenly, my score increased to 472 points due to some changes in my case !! My question is: May i cancel my OINP admission and save the admission fees (bank draft) ? or keep going in this process ALTHOUGH, i'm expecting the -regular- ITA anytime with the next draw ?!! Please help me to decide, thank you.
Yes, you can withdraw your OINP application after you receive direct ITA. However, you may get the full package returned (along with $1,500 draft) only if you have not received AOR.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
cuwat said:
Seniors, I need your help.

My application sent on 10 February 2016, and has been received by OINP on 16 February 2016. So, I am waiting for the AOR.

Do you think that I can send my updated Bank's Reference Letter now, to show that the money have been maintained for the last more than 3 months?

*by the time I sent my application (2nd Feb), the money had just transferred to my account (as main principle) from my spouse's bank account. But, now, the money has been in my account for more than 4 months (untouchable) and I have requested a new bank reference letter.

If I dont do this, I am afraid they will return my application back due to the evidence provided did not show proof of maintaining the minimum settlement fund amount for three months prior to my application.

If yes, how I could proceed this process? Can I send it by email or must be posted?

Thank you for your attention.
Don't send it now. You should send the updated bank statements only after OINP requests you. If you have explained them or shown the source of your funds, then it does not matter if funds are not older than 6 months. However, it is highly recommended to maintain the minimum required amount in your bank account.

MDM23

Dec 7, 2015
magdiwissa said:

In my opinion, wait for the draw that will happen tomorrow. Once you confirm that you got the direct Invitation to Apply then you can drop an email to the OINP to return you pakcage and for sure they will return the entire package with the cheque since they are yet to process Dec 2015 applicants. So March 2016 processing looks far away for now.

+1 if this helps.

nrj

Apr 20, 2016
PT Notification

I have created my ee profile on April 1st with 406 score. Is there any one who have received PT notification email in April or May?

Please advise

Thanks