+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
ADCanada said:
Hi RAj,

I created my CIC profile and im eligible for CEC and I have 403 points but I am waiting from march 21 2016 and I didn't receive any Invitation to apply OINP .

If anybody or MR.Raj can answer my query please.

Thank You. :(
As for the PTs, OINP stopped sending PTs somewhere around mid-Feb and have resumed only very recently. Suggest you to wait for a week and if you still don't get it, you can consider re-creating your profile.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
bernardinho said:
Hello, I received my acknowledgement in Nov 2015, and am yet to receive any mail from ONIP despite being in Canada. what could be the reason for the delay? Also, if I have a sister who has PR in Canada can that increase my crs score/
You received your AOR in November and still no nomination? Oh goodness! That's bad. Write to them asking about the status of your application.

No, having a relative will NOT increase your CRS points.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
ihopethisworksout said:
Hello everyone,

first of thank you to everyone that has contributed to this forum, it really is a great resource.

Here is my timeline so far:
- Create EE profile: December 13, 2015
- Received PT Interest Letter: December 17, 2015
- Submitted Ontario Human Capital Application: January 25, 2016 (via tracking I know it arrived January 27, 2016)

I am applying under CEC and so far I have heard absolutly nothing back (the worry that it got lost somewhere), however, from what I can gather from post here, this is relatively normal (some people just have luck and get it faster) ...right? (hoping for reassuring comments from you guys) :)

Since I am approaching day 90 since my submission, is it useful to call them after day 90 to follow up? Anyone have some advice for such a call?

Thanks!
90 days is a myth (even for CEC). I got my AOR on the 99th day and late November applicants received it in around 120 - 130 days but all of them are FSW applicants. For CEC, you could expect AOR before your 90 day mark. Calling them won't help - they will not give you any information at all over the phone. Write to them at ontarionominee@ontario.ca and ask them for the status of your application.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
CB said:
Thank you for answering this. Do you know people who have received the PT Nomination with No Canadian Education or Experience. Can you give me some example.
Check the first link in my signature and see how many candidates have applied from outside with no Canadian education/experience. I'm a FSW applicant myself without Canadian education or work experience. As already described, the problem is the backlog and once that is taken care of, OINP might resume sending PTs again.

Nidish

Jan 27, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
As for the PTs, OINP stopped sending PTs somewhere around mid-Feb and have resumed only very recently. Suggest you to wait for a week and if you still don't get it, you can consider re-creating your profile.
Dear Raj,

Have ON started sending PTs? I am waiting for PT with a CRS score of 452. I have created my profile on 6th April 2016

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Nidish said:
Dear Raj,

Have ON started sending PTs? I am waiting for PT with a CRS score of 452. I have created my profile on 6th April 2016
Yes there were few reports of PTs lately. Hopefully, they will resume sending PTs on a regular basis soon (once the truckload of backlog is taken care of).

Nidish

Jan 27, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Yes there were few reports of PTs lately. Hopefully, they will resume sending PTs on a regular basis soon (once the truckload of backlog is taken care of).
fingers crossed.. do I need to recreate the profile? does it do any good?

leeonline

Apr 12, 2016
I registered in EE, got invitation from OINP, sent all the documents in December, 21.

Still no confirmation (90 days is a myth for sure).

I called two times and the only thing they advised - "to wait a bit more and to be patient"

:(

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
'PATIENCE' is now one of the MANDATORY requirements apart from CRS >400, Bachelors and 1yr. min. of work experience etc. to qualify for OINP.

Komalv

Apr 13, 2016
Hi Raj,

I am a new member and I read your post today. I thank you for detailed process mentioned. However, my situation is a bit different and guess you may have an idea to sort it out.

I applied in Dec 2014 FSWP (paper application) via RCIC in Canada. My file came back because it went after 25000 capping was over. CIC did not even open the file and it was returned. My consultant (RCIC) advised to apply under Express Entry. And I could only complete that by Aug 2015 (thanks to the delay by him). He never gave me MyCIC login ID or password as he said he has used his confidential details. I am not sure what NOC he put me into and in Jan 2016 he told me CIc has found me ineligible. He attached a PDF letter and sent me. The letter was confusing and all other consultants are sure that he did something wrong (probably because I did not pay him well).

Anyways, I have now applied as fresh applicant in Apr 2016 via Immigration consultant in India. CRS 422, IELTS CLB9, Primary NOC 6313, Experience 3yr in this NOC total 6yr, Status Married.

Questions and Concerns:
1. Planning for OINP (hopeful to get PT), but my ECA was done through WES and Ontario Jan11 update says, I have to ask WES to send a duplicate copy to Ontario apart from the regular photocopy. My ECA was done by that RCIC in 2014. He never shared Login ID or Password for WES either. So I can not ask for duplicate copy.

2. IELTS will expire in Oct 2016. My current consultant says I should continue with the existing IELTS, because it should be valid until we upload documents after getting ITA and we have enough time. Also I am not sure if I will score CLB9 again. What to do?

3. Since Ontario is not actively sending PT and 1500CAD is also non refundable. Shall I go for Prince Edward Island PNP? As its free and No harm in applying.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Komalv said:
Hi Raj,

I am a new member and I read your post today. I thank you for detailed process mentioned. However, my situation is a bit different and guess you may have an idea to sort it out.

I applied in Dec 2014 FSWP (paper application) via RCIC in Canada. My file came back because it went after 25000 capping was over. CIC did not even open the file and it was returned. My consultant (RCIC) advised to apply under Express Entry. And I could only complete that by Aug 2015 (thanks to the delay by him). He never gave me MyCIC login ID or password as he said he has used his confidential details. I am not sure what NOC he put me into and in Jan 2016 he told me CIc has found me ineligible. He attached a PDF letter and sent me. The letter was confusing and all other consultants are sure that he did something wrong (probably because I did not pay him well).

Anyways, I have now applied as fresh applicant in Apr 2016 via Immigration consultant in India. CRS 422, IELTS CLB9, Primary NOC 6313, Experience 3yr in this NOC total 6yr, Status Married.

Questions and Concerns:
1. Planning for OINP (hopeful to get PT), but my ECA was done through WES and Ontario Jan11 update says, I have to ask WES to send a duplicate copy to Ontario apart from the regular photocopy. My ECA was done by that RCIC in 2014. He never shared Login ID or Password for WES either. So I can not ask for duplicate copy.

2. IELTS will expire in Oct 2016. My current consultant says I should continue with the existing IELTS, because it should be valid until we upload documents after getting ITA and we have enough time. Also I am not sure if I will score CLB9 again. What to do?

3. Since Ontario is not actively sending PT and 1500CAD is also non refundable. Shall I go for Prince Edward Island PNP? As its free and No harm in applying.
The very first thing that I don't understand is how did your agent lodge your PR application in August 2015? You say your CRS is 422 - ITAs were not issued for scores less than 450. Unless you had a Provincial Nomination or a job offer from a Canada employer (backed by a positive LMIA), there is no way you could have got an ITA and consequently, he couldn't have filed your PR application. Could you please clarify about this "rejection letter"? Something is seriously wrong or I am missing something/I have misunderstood your situation.

Answer to 1st question

Do you have the hard copy of the report?

You need to take this to WES. You need to tell them that this has happened and ask them if there is any way they could give you the access to your account. You need an e-mail ID and password to login to your WES account. You can ask your agent to provide this detail to you and if he refuses, you can take legal action on him (report him to ICCRC). Here's the link ---> http://iccrc-crcic.ca/FileaComplaint.cfm

If you are not able to get the login details from him and WES refuses to let you access the account, you can e-mail OINP and politely tell them your situation and wait for them to reply with a solution. Please note that you will have to submit this only post AOR (which might take around 4 months after you submit a complete application; So you have time).

Answer to 2nd question

Your current consultant is correct. It is sufficient if your IELTS is valid up until the point of submission of your PR application. You might have to re-take IELTS if you are not able to submit your application before that.

Answer to 3rd question

Ontario has already sent PTs to numerous individuals and is now likely struggling with a truckload of backlog. Once the backlog is taken care of, PTs might come in on a regular basis.

As for PEI EOI, you can very well put in an application and try your luck but most applicants who were nominated by PEI were from IT background (2173/2174 mostly). No harm in trying though. If you get a PT from OINP, you could apply to that as well.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
The very first thing that I don't understand is how did your agent lodge your PR application in August 2015? You say your CRS is 422 - ITAs were not issued for scores less than 450. Unless you had a Provincial Nomination or a job offer from a Canada employer (backed by a positive LMIA), there is no way you could have got an ITA and consequently, he couldn't have filed your PR application. Could you please clarify about this "rejection letter"? Something is seriously wrong or I am missing something/I have misunderstood your situation.

Probably you misunderstood...OP did not say she applied for PR in Aug'15. OP is saying she could create her EE profile only by Aug'15 with 422 points to be in the pool, but then her consultant gave her a PDF letter (don't know where he got that from???). From what i understand is her EE profile showed ineligible status.

Probably the consultant lied to her and gave here a PDF (probably made up) letter saying CIC has found her ineligible while actually only her profile was ineligible due to whatever reason (read consultant's goofup) because he did not get paid.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
CanadaWeCome said:
Probably you misunderstood...OP did not say she applied for PR in Aug'15. OP is saying she could create her EE profile only by Aug'15 with 422 points to be in the pool, but then her consultant gave her a PDF letter (don't know where he got that from???). From what i understand is her EE profile showed ineligible status.

Probably the consultant lied to her and gave here a PDF (probably made up) letter saying CIC has found her ineligible while actually only her profile was ineligible due to whatever reason (read consultant's goofup) because he did not get paid.
OP said :

I am not sure what NOC he put me into and in Jan 2016 he told me CIc has found me ineligible. He attached a PDF letter and sent me. The letter was confusing and all other consultants are sure that he did something wrong (probably because I did not pay him well).
This is not possible. So either, like you mentioned, the agent was dishonest and faked the "rejection" letter OR the OP was referring to the letter that comes after your profile becomes ineligible asking the applicant to deactivate his job bank account and remove references to his EE profile in other job boards.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
OP said :

This is not possible. So either, like you mentioned, the agent was dishonest and faked the "rejection" letter OR the OP was referring to the letter that comes after your profile becomes ineligible asking the applicant to deactivate his job bank account and remove references to his EE profile in other job boards.
Probably some such...that only the OP can clarify further.