+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Fly2Can said:
Hi Raj,

you are doing tremendous work.

I applied to OlNP in March 2016 with POF in the from of Certificates from Bank. Can I use same certificates after ITA almost in the month of August/ September 2016 or I'll have to get fresh..

Waiting for your response.
Not recommended. Get updated POF documentation after you get ITA and send them.

dxb2020

Aug 28, 2015
Dubai
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Hi All

I have 418 points at present and intend to apply for OINP. Once i receive a PT from Ontario and in the mean time i re-appear for ielts again to increase my scores to CLB 9 ( which will raise my CRS to somewhere 470+). Can i reject the invitation from Ontario since i can expect a direct ITA ??

CB

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi I have a question -

Are people residing out of Canada having no Canadian education and experience, receiving Invitation from Ontario? I have a friend with 432 score, she has not received any invitation till date. She is based out of India.

Thanks

ADCanada

Apr 11, 2016
Hi RAj,

I created my CIC profile and im eligible for CEC and I have 403 points but I am waiting from march 21 2016 and I didn't receive any Invitation to apply OINP .

If anybody or MR.Raj can answer my query please.

Thank You. :(

bernardinho

Feb 19, 2015
Hello, I received my acknowledgement in Nov 2015, and am yet to receive any mail from ONIP despite being in Canada. what could be the reason for the delay? Also, if I have a sister who has PR in Canada can that increase my crs score/

ihopethisworksout

Apr 11, 2016
Hello everyone,

first of thank you to everyone that has contributed to this forum, it really is a great resource.

Here is my timeline so far:
- Create EE profile: December 13, 2015
- Received PT Interest Letter: December 17, 2015
- Submitted Ontario Human Capital Application: January 25, 2016 (via tracking I know it arrived January 27, 2016)

I am applying under CEC and so far I have heard absolutly nothing back (the worry that it got lost somewhere), however, from what I can gather from post here, this is relatively normal (some people just have luck and get it faster) ...right? (hoping for reassuring comments from you guys) :)

Since I am approaching day 90 since my submission, is it useful to call them after day 90 to follow up? Anyone have some advice for such a call?

Thanks!

CB

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

I have a question for you all.

To receive PT Nomination from Ontario under this stream, are you required to be IN CANADA?

Do you need Canadian Education or work experience?

I have heard that ONLY people with Canadian Work Experience or Education are getting PT Nomination from Ontario. Is it true?

Thanks for your help.

Kashyap272

Nov 3, 2014
CB said:
Hi

I have a question for you all.

To receive PT Nomination from Ontario under this stream, are you required to be IN CANADA?
No

Do you need Canadian Education or work experience?
No

I have heard that ONLY people with Canadian Work Experience or Education are getting PT Nomination from Ontario. Is it true?
No

Following are the fundamental requirmnets of this program:
- Bachelor degree
- 400+ points
- CLB 7 in IELTS OR CLEP English test

Just keep in mind, They pick people out of express entry, so it is a random selection. Not every eligible person will get PT from Ontario.

Thanks for your help.

Kashyap272

Nov 3, 2014
ADCanada said:
I created my CIC profile and im eligible for CEC and I have 403 points but I am waiting from march 21 2016 and I didn't receive any Invitation to apply OINP .

I think Ontario is still clearing backlog from last year. No one has received PT since mid February. I have sent them email about this issue but have not heard anything back. I created my profile with 425 points in march too and still waiting for PT.

Hope they will start soon.

CB

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for answering this. Do you know people who have received the PT Nomination with No Canadian Education or Experience. Can you give me some example.

Kashyap272

Nov 3, 2014
CB said:
Thank you for answering this. Do you know people who have received the PT Nomination with No Canadian Education or Experience. Can you give me some example.

I do not have any close friend with same issue, but I have sure seen people on this forum who have got PT and living outside Canada (Mostly FSWP candidates). Just go through this thread, you will find one.

hope1nca

Star Member
Mar 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Unfortunately, no. You are not eligible to apply under OINP - Human Capital Priorities Stream because you need to have a Bachelors degree at a bare minimum.
Thank you rajkamalmohanram for your reply. Does this mean that Ontario criteria is more strict than EE? Becasue in EE CRS calculation, we get the same points for two diplomas or two bachelors. Am I right?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
hope1nca said:
Thank you rajkamalmohanram for your reply. Does this mean that Ontario criteria is more strict than EE? Becasue in EE CRS calculation, we get the same points for two diplomas or two bachelors. Am I right?
Yes, if you have 2 eligible degrees or diplomas, the points are the same but unfortunately, OINP has set the minimum eligibility criteria in such a way that only people with at least a Bachelors degree can apply.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
dxb2020 said:
Hi All

I have 418 points at present and intend to apply for OINP. Once i receive a PT from Ontario and in the mean time i re-appear for ielts again to increase my scores to CLB 9 ( which will raise my CRS to somewhere 470+). Can i reject the invitation from Ontario since i can expect a direct ITA ??
You can withdraw your application anytime during the process. If you withdraw it before getting AOR, they will return the bank draft to you (you won't lose the fee). If you withdraw after AOR, then you will not receive the processing fee of 1500 CAD back.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
CB said:
Hi I have a question -

Are people residing out of Canada having no Canadian education and experience, receiving Invitation from Ontario? I have a friend with 432 score, she has not received any invitation till date. She is based out of India.

Thanks
Yes. OINP is not just for Canada-educated or people who have work experience in Canada. People who entered the pool under the FSW category are also eligible (if she satisfies the basic eligibility criteria).

As for the PTs, OINP stopped sending PTs somewhere around mid-Feb and have resumed only very recently. Ask her to wait for a week and if she still doesn't get it, she can consider re-creating her profile.

Good luck!