+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

xia88niuniu

Jan 24, 2024
Hi I just found out about this post. My immigration lawyer submitted my marriage certificate but the problem is it is only certified translation from my home country. It's not notarized or atio accredited. I was surprised my lawyer didn't realize this. She is suggesting she will get an ATIO accredited translation and submit it using OINP webform. I'm wondering if that's going to cause negative impact on my application?

zugo360

Feb 1, 2024
Hi Guys,
I entered the Express Entry pool in December 2023 and have since received a Notification of Interest from Ontario, to which I've applied as a single applicant. Recently, I proposed to my girlfriend, and we want to start planning our wedding soon. My intention is to wait until after receiving the provincial nomination and the subsequent 600 points boost, to marry and then update my Express Entry profile to reflect my new marital status with my spouse accompanying me. My current CRS score is 473, which will rise to 1073 post-nomination. Including my wife is expected to adjust our combined score to 1054, which is still guaranteed to get us an ITA.

My question are,
1. Is this plan viable?
2. Is there anything I'm missing out and need to take note of?

Thanks in advances for your responses.

harshpatelhp7

Feb 12, 2024
I did my three years advance diploma in canada, and on certificate it is written as advance diploma
Hello Harkirat, I am in the same situation right now even though i havent received the NOI but I was wondering if we are eligible for Human Capital Priorities Stream if we have 3 year advanced diploma from a college? What happened in your situation? Any updates? Please and thank you.

Barcal

Jul 10, 2016
Hey, does anyone know if it is mandatory to upload relative documents to OINP HCP application if I will be assessed against CEC? I do have an uncle as a citizen but it will just be a hassle to gather birth certificate, citizenship documents and other stuff from him. I didn't mention any relatives in the EE profile so just wanted to check if anyone else has been in a similar situation before?

Feb 13, 2024
Nigeria
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Please I just got my NOI under human capital priorities stream under ontario pno

Can I use my spouse Shares and investment for proof of funds

Also if I use my shares instead and backed up with letter from financial institutions that it is accessible will questions be asked since I'm a salary earner

teraktor2003

Nov 20, 2018
Hi everyone,

I've received nomination from Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities in my Express Entry profile.
I have some questions related to how to fill my online OINP portal:

I have completed a PhD in computer engineering in Canada,

1. In the Education part of the human capital portal, there is an Earned Doctorate option (closest option for PhD), but the problem is when I choose this option it shows a warning:
To qualify under the Human Capital Priorities Stream, you must have a Canadian Bachelor's degree or higher, or its equivalent.
Is this the correct option for PhD? I followed some youtube channels to fill up and seems back then there was an option explicitly named PhD, but I don't have such an option!

2. My Master's and Bachelor's degrees are not from Canada, but when I put them after my PhD information it shows a warning for ECA:

If you do not have a Canadian degree, you must obtain an Educational Credential Assessment to verify the authenticity of your foreign education and assess its equivalence to a Canadian educational credential.
I thought only the highest degree needed to evaluate and since my highest degree is PhD in Canada then just an official transcript and degree from a Canadian University would be enough. Am I wrong?

Feb 13, 2024
Nigeria
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Please I just got my NOI under human capital priorities stream under ontario pno

Can I use my spouse Shares and investment for proof of funds instead of the money in his account

Also if I use my shares instead and backed up with letter from financial institutions that it is accessible will questions be asked since I'm a salary earner

please i need answers urgently