+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

afmla92

Mar 22, 2022
Hi all, hope this is the right place for this question.

I'm looking at moving to Ontario, specifically to Ottawa, and my original plan had been to go for the FSW as I'd have a CRS of about 510 and with a background in marketing so would seemingly be an okay candidate, and it looked like OINP was taking people with lower scores.

However, it now looks like the FSW has huge backlogs and it's not known when it's to resume, whereas in the last draw OINP looks like it might be starting to take in people with higher scores. Just wondering if anyone has any idea about changes with that? I'm now thinking doing OINP might be my best bet with a shorter wait than FSW and possibly not disqualifying me for a higher CRS score after all.

ttsoldier13

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
12-01-2022
Hi all, hope this is the right place for this question.

I'm looking at moving to Ontario, specifically to Ottawa, and my original plan had been to go for the FSW as I'd have a CRS of about 510 and with a background in marketing so would seemingly be an okay candidate, and it looked like OINP was taking people with lower scores.

However, it now looks like the FSW has huge backlogs and it's not known when it's to resume, whereas in the last draw OINP looks like it might be starting to take in people with higher scores. Just wondering if anyone has any idea about changes with that? I'm now thinking doing OINP might be my best bet with a shorter wait than FSW and possibly not disqualifying me for a higher CRS score after all.
Yes OINP is a good option but your NOC code matters in order to receive a notification of interest from OINP. There are specific NOC codes they invite.

You can see NOC's they invite for their tech draws here: https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-tech-draws

Other NOC'scan be seen here: https://www.ontario.ca/page/2022-ontario-immigrant-nominee-program-updates

If you have one of the above NOC code then you have a pretty good chance when they do the next draw.

And yes - OINP is faster as of right now.

afmla92

Mar 22, 2022
Yes OINP is a good option but your NOC code matters in order to receive a notification of interest from OINP. There are specific NOC codes they invite.

You can see NOC's they invite for their tech draws here: https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-tech-draws

Other NOC'scan be seen here: https://www.ontario.ca/page/2022-ontario-immigrant-nominee-program-updates

If you have one of the above NOC code then you have a pretty good chance when they do the next draw.

And yes - OINP is faster as of right now.
Thanks for that! Looks like for the Feb 22nd human capital ones has what would be my NOC code (NOC 0124 – Advertising, marketing and public relations managers) so I guess that's a good sign.

ttsoldier13

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
12-01-2022
Thanks for that! Looks like for the Feb 22nd human capital ones has what would be my NOC code (NOC 0124 – Advertising, marketing and public relations managers) so I guess that's a good sign.
Nice! Just make sure you have Ontario selected in your EE profile. There are other criteria they use when sending out the nomination of interest like date your EE profile was created.

You can see those details here: https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-express-entry-notifications-interest.

Hope this helps and good luck.

ImpatientDragon

Feb 23, 2022

hs1991

Mar 14, 2022
If someone has all provinces selected then it should still be valid right?/ should we also check Ontario separately?
same doubt, I read on one of the groups that Ontario won't consider the profile if all provinces are selected or provinces other than Ontario are also selected. Sounds absurd though.

njp.pg

Mar 16, 2022
It's completely false. I had selected all provinces and I have received OINP NOI.
Are you still on "submitted" or the stage moved?

My progress is:

HUMAN CAPITAL STREAM

NOI Received: 22 Feb 2022
Application Submitted: 15 Mar 2022
Assessment: ----
Decision in Progress: ----
File Approved: ----

piyushpth

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Are you still on "submitted" or the stage moved?

My progress is:

HUMAN CAPITAL STREAM

NOI Received: 22 Feb 2022
Application Submitted: 15 Mar 2022
Assessment: ----
Decision in Progress: ----
File Approved: ----
Still submitted. It is taking some time for French stream people. Hopefully my file moves soon.

Reactions: njp.pg

Alir3zq

Mar 7, 2022
I submitted my application on Jan 28th and my application is stuck on DIP since March 21st! How long it usually taking time in DIP? I also had ADR and submitted on March 18th about my payslips.
I'm close to my pgwp expiry and if I don't get nomination in coming week I have to quite my job!!:(

ttsoldier13

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
12-01-2022
I submitted my application on Jan 28th and my application is stuck on DIP since March 21st! How long it usually taking time in DIP? I also had ADR and submitted on March 18th about my payslips.
I'm close to my pgwp expiry and if I don't get nomination in coming week I have to quite my job!!:(
Based on the tracker there doesn’t seem to be any updates to any applications after March 22nd. Hopefully they will reusume processing applications this week

https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/oinp-ontario-human-capital-priorities-stream-tracker

Reactions: Alir3zq

Probir

Star Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2010
Nomination.....
31-01-2011
AOR Received.
15-03-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application package
File Transfer...
RBVO since March 2011
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
N/A
Hello I am living outside Canada- looking for job offer from any canadian states (PNP)- suddenly got a positive response from an Ontario based immigration consultant named Greenlight Immigration services.. They are saying that they will provide job offer from an Canadian Employer gradually. What do you think about their authenticity?