+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

shersingh

Oct 5, 2017
Honestly, learning French part time after Job is very stressful. But basically with dedication and perseverance one can reach to B2 level within 1-1.5 years time. I have started with Duolingo for French, so you can start with it too and see how do you progress. This shall be enough for your basic.

If possible you can also take classes at Alliance Francais in your city. It will take 3 months each to complete A1 & A2 and 6 months each to reach B1 & B2 level. In general for 42 CRS points, once need to get CLB 7 and one has to reach B2 level to attain that.

Hope my infos will help you to decide for yourself. Best of Luck.
Thanks for responding.. I started one day ago and currently at Basic 2 level in the duolingo tree. I know it is a daunting task, so a side note I have been exploring an online graduate certificate. This has 4 subjects and typically runs 8-10 months. The courses are online and thats a big plus. I know the college is recognized by WES but unsure if there will be issues by evaluating an online course by WES. Do you have any knowledge / experience of the same?

EdithF86

Star Member
Oct 31, 2016
Honestly, learning French part time after Job is very stressful. But basically with dedication and perseverance one can reach to B2 level within 1-1.5 years time. I have started with Duolingo for French, so you can start with it too and see how do you progress. This shall be enough for your basic.

If possible you can also take classes at Alliance Francais in your city. It will take 3 months each to complete A1 & A2 and 6 months each to reach B1 & B2 level. In general for 42 CRS points, once need to get CLB 7 and one has to reach B2 level to attain that.

Hope my infos will help you to decide for yourself. Best of Luck.
Actually B2 level will give you almost no points. I got a B2 for Writing and Listening and each only gave me 1 point as B2 means CLB6. You need CLB7 to get a decent amount of points so that means C1 level.

Reactions: anniejasmeet

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Thanks for responding.. I started one day ago and currently at Basic 2 level in the duolingo tree. I know it is a daunting task, so a side note I have been exploring an online graduate certificate. This has 4 subjects and typically runs 8-10 months. The courses are online and thats a big plus. I know the college is recognized by WES but unsure if there will be issues by evaluating an online course by WES. Do you have any knowledge / experience of the same?
Actually it varies from course to course too besides the institutions.

For instance, ignou PG courses are acceptable. Anyway, which university programs have you look into?

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Actually B2 level will give you almost no points. I got a B2 for Writing and Listening and each only gave me 1 point as B2 means CLB6. You need CLB7 to get a decent amount of points so that means C1 level.
I am sorry to say you are completely incorrect here. Even with solid B1 level and an insight of tef can get you clb 7 and B2 is more than enough for CLB 7.

Let me know how do you know that you are at B2 level before taking your tef? C1 level is almost an expertise level that are very rare for a non francophone and with C1 one can reach upto clb 9.

dh5689

Aug 20, 2014
Hi,
Congratulations to you.
It is said normally that it is very difficult to get a job offer from an employer in Ontario as they always prefer people with PR. Can you please guide me how you can get a job offer without PR Thanks, Can you please refer companies who are looking to hire people without PR.
Thanks

I spent almost 5 years in canada and i have made a good contact with some of employers during my stay.
So he gave me a job offer. Location for this job offer is Northern Ontario,almost 1000 kms away from TOronto. and moreover it is remote location, so most canadian don't want to do jobs in this kind of areas. i was quite lucky to get because of location. If this is falls in Toronto GTA then would not be able to get LMIA.

Anyways in order to get NOI, you just need job offer. It doesn't need LMIA support. YOu can just ask simple letter supporting your employment from an ontario employer. I' m assuming, OINP will issue more job offer NOIs in late quarter of this year, so mean time you can prepare your self and get job offer from employer.
For job offers, you may visit Kijiji website, where many local employers posting job offers. In addition, you can ask your friends or relatives to convince some employers to support your PR application.

HOpe this would help. IF you need any help, please let me know. Will do my best as much as i can.

dh5689

Aug 20, 2014
Congrats brother. Happy for you.
Can you please let me know , how you managed to get LMIA.

As I know, the LMIA issuing employer should prove that the required vacancy cannot be filled with available canadians which as I see is nearly impossible. your NOC was retail supervisor. How come this was possible. Can you please guide.
Thanks a lot
Check you inbox message. i PM you.

shersingh

Oct 5, 2017
Actually it varies from course to course too besides the institutions.

For instance, ignou PG courses are acceptable. Anyway, which university programs have you look into?
I have looked at courses from UMASS and Boston University, I see some courses have 12 credits, while some have 16. So, don't know if wes/ ircc will have some minimum threshold.

EdithF86

Star Member
Oct 31, 2016
I am sorry to say you are completely incorrect here. Even with solid B1 level and an insight of tef can get you clb 7 and B2 is more than enough for CLB 7.

Let me know how do you know that you are at B2 level before taking your tef? C1 level is almost an expertise level that are very rare for a non francophone and with C1 one can reach upto clb 9.
I took the TEF exam 3 weeks ago. Got my results and they were:
Comprehension ecrite (Reading) = C2 (300/300) = CLB10 = 6 POINTS
Comprehension orale (Listening) = B2 (239/360) = CLB6 = 1 POINT
Expression ecrite (Writing) = B2 (274/450) = CLB6 = 1 POINT
Expression orale (Speaking) = A2 (140/450) 0 POINTS

So all I got was 8 points.

jankidas

Mar 18, 2018
I spent almost 5 years in canada and i have made a good contact with some of employers during my stay.
So he gave me a job offer. Location for this job offer is Northern Ontario,almost 1000 kms away from TOronto. and moreover it is remote location, so most canadian don't want to do jobs in this kind of areas. i was quite lucky to get because of location. If this is falls in Toronto GTA then would not be able to get LMIA.

Anyways in order to get NOI, you just need job offer. It doesn't need LMIA support. YOu can just ask simple letter supporting your employment from an ontario employer. I' m assuming, OINP will issue more job offer NOIs in late quarter of this year, so mean time you can prepare your self and get job offer from employer.
For job offers, you may visit Kijiji website, where many local employers posting job offers. In addition, you can ask your friends or relatives to convince some employers to support your PR application.

HOpe this would help. IF you need any help, please let me know. Will do my best as much as i can.
On OINP website its mentioned
Employers outside of the Greater Toronto Area must have:
  • A minimum of $500,000 in gross annual revenue for the most recent fiscal year,
  • Three full-time employees who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents at the location where the applicant will work.
Any idea if they make exception to these requirement .. like revenue arnd $300,000 ?

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
I took the TEF exam 3 weeks ago. Got my results and they were:
Comprehension ecrite (Reading) = C2 (300/300) = CLB10 = 6 POINTS
Comprehension orale (Listening) = B2 (239/360) = CLB6 = 1 POINT
Expression ecrite (Writing) = B2 (274/450) = CLB6 = 1 POINT
Expression orale (Speaking) = A2 (140/450) 0 POINTS

So all I got was 8 points.

For your kind information, TEF Canada official results only come after 6 weeks, how could have you got the results within 3 weeks?

How long did you prepare for your exam? Did you self study ?

Johnny Ghaddar

Aug 27, 2017
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
Nomination.....
25-06-2018
Hey All,

Did anyone get their Completeness Check notification from OINP after application submission ?
I submitted my application a week back, haven't got any yet.

Reactions: hope2018

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hey All,

Did anyone get their Completeness Check notification from OINP after application submission ?
I submitted my application a week back, haven't got any yet.
Exactly, I am also waiting for the same. There is not much clarity on this supposed new status. Seems not many people have noticed the update on ontario website which states this new check.

Reactions: Johnny Ghaddar

dh5689

Aug 20, 2014
On OINP website its mentioned
Employers outside of the Greater Toronto Area must have:
  • A minimum of $500,000 in gross annual revenue for the most recent fiscal year,
  • Three full-time employees who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents at the location where the applicant will work.
Any idea if they make exception to these requirement .. like revenue arnd $300000 ?
Sorry mate, but there is no exception of these requirements.
Employers and employees must follow these requirements.

Reactions: jankidas

bfcsiqueira

Mar 14, 2018
Hey everyone,

I recently got a NOI for OINP on the 26th of March, but I'm in a weird situation with my work experience.

I started working full-time(40 hours) on the 21st of April 2017, so I technically only have 11 months and change of experience.

I created my express entry profile on March 14, and selected April 2017 as starting date (can only select months on EE). On EE I always appeared as eligible for CEC, even though I didn't complete 12 full months yet. So I'm not sure if they calculate the hours equivalent to 1560 or how it works at all.

Now making my OINP application, this section is kind of scary: Note: Any work experience obtained after you received your Notification of Interest through your IRCC online account will not count towards the minimum 12 months of work experience required. You must have accumulated at least 12 months of work experience by the date that you received your NOI to qualify under the Human Capital Priorities Stream.

They ask for the specific day I started working, instead of just the month as well. So I'd be filling my employment start date as 21st of April 2017, while my NOI was on 26th of March 2018.

Do you all think I would get rejected?