+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Since last 2 weeks my OINP profile shows Decision in Process.
I submitted profile on 17th May 2017. OINP requested some documents on 22nd May which I submitted on 24th May. But since 30th May no reply from OINP..

How much time it will take to give NOI???
Don't worry expect to get your nomination this Friday or anytime by next week.

I have contacted one of OINP immigration officer to ask regarding this issue. He is out of office so will spread some light on his return.

Last edited:

Allizwell9

Jun 12, 2017

I have contacted one of OINP immigration officer to ask regarding this issue. He is out of office so will spread some light on his return.

Hello Bill
Can you please help me and check with the OINP officer that when payment is made for CAD1500 through credit card the application is still showing "Awaiting submission" whom should we contact for this it's already 9 days now no I have written some 8-10 mails no reply from their side. Please someone help bcoz I will loose points next month

harmit214@gmail.com

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
Hello,

I submitted my OINP on 1st June, 2017 and made the payment for the same as well. On 2nd June, I ordered for a duplicate copy of the ECA report to be sent to CIC and also to Ontario for OINP. I emailed them asking for acknowledging if they have received my ECA and they said they will update me when they receive it. Today I got an email asking for:-

Applicants to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program’s (OINP) Human Capital Priorities Stream or French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream are required to submit a copy of their Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report. You provided a copy of an ECA report from the World Education Service (WES).

In order to verify the results of your ECA report, we require you to authorize WES to share your ECA results with OINP. OINP requires this authorization to complete the assessment of your application. Please note that your application has not been deemed incomplete but failure to comply with this request can result in the denial of your nominee application.

To authorize WES to share the results of your ECA report you must order a duplicate of your ECA report at:https://www.wes.org/ca/apply/xcopycic.asp.You must also ensure that “Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program, MCIIT” is indicated as the recipient of the report.

If you have any specific questions about how to provide authorization to share your ECA results with OINP, please contact WES directly.

You will have, at maximum, 15 days from the date of this request to submit the above requested documents for our review.

Should the program not receive the requested additional information within the given timeframe, your application will be assessed based on the existing information on file.

Thank you for your interest in the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program.

Regards,

But I had already sent them the acknowledgement receipt and also the reference number of my ECA and again I have sent them the same.

Kindly suggest me if I need to do anything else????

Thanks for your suggestions in advance.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hello Bill
Can you please help me and check with the OINP officer that when payment is made for CAD1500 through credit card the application is still showing "Awaiting submission" whom should we contact for this it's already 9 days now no I have written some 8-10 mails no reply from their side. Please someone help bcoz I will loose points next month
Write an email with Subject: "Payment Acknowldgement - File Number".

Tell them your Full Name, DOB, and last four digits of your credit card. Hopefully they will get in touch within 2 Days.

Otherwise you may need to contact them by Calling them. It may take upto 40 mins before someone will get in touch with you.

Allizwell9

Jun 12, 2017
Write an email with Subject: "Payment Acknowldgement - File Number".

Tell them your Full Name, DOB, and last four digits of your credit card. Hopefully they will get in touch within 2 Days.

Otherwise you may need to contact them by Calling them. It may take upto 40 mins before someone will get in touch with you.
Bill I am writing to them daily with all details file number, bank acknowledged mail of payment for last 9 days but no reply from them. I am writing on below mail ids
ontarionominee@ontario.ca, ExpressEntry@ontario.ca,
Opportunities.Ontario@ontario.ca

Is there any other Mail ID to which I can forward the mail? Please suggest.

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Bill I am writing to them daily with all details file number, bank acknowledged mail of payment for last 9 days but no reply from them. I am writing on below mail ids
ontarionominee@ontario.ca, ExpressEntry@ontario.ca,
Opportunities.Ontario@ontario.ca

Is there any other Mail ID to which I can forward the mail? Please suggest.
I wrote to them on: OINP.technical-POCI.technique@ontario.ca

They didn't reply but my status changed from Waiting for Submission to Submitted in 2 days. I also got an email confirming payment.

Good luck.

Reactions: Allizwell9

cp11

May 5, 2017
Hi Guys please help,

I got nomination from ontario and my score in express entry is updated but overall score is looking wrong to me. my score before nomination was 402 but after nomination its 987, It should be 1002 ?......I applied under CEC. If I made individual calculation then score is 1002 but total score is 987. Is there anybody else experienced that?..........Please Please Please help........anybody under CEC?

Express Entry Profile Details
Criteria Details
Federal Skilled Worker Met
Provincial Nominee Program Met
Canadian Experience Class Met
Federal Skilled Trades Not Met
Overall Score 987
CRS - Human Capital - Age 100
CRS - Human Capital - Level of Education 119
CRS - Human Capital - First Official Language Proficiency 83

CRS - Human Capital - Second Official Language Proficiency 0
CRS - Human Capital - Canadian Work Experience 35
CRS - Spouse - Level of Education 0
CRS - Spouse - First Official Language Proficiency 0
CRS - Spouse - Canadian Work Experience 0
CRS - Skill Transferability - Education 50
CRS - Skill Transferability - Foreign Work Experience 0
CRS - Additional - French Proficiency or Bilingualism 0
CRS - Additional - PR or Canadian Sibling 0
CRS - Skill Transferability - Certificate of Qualification 0
CRS - Canadian education 15
CRS - Arranged Employment 0
CRS - Provincial/Territorial Nomination 600

maplewinn

Star Member
Jan 23, 2017

Hello Bill,

Please could you help with any advice for me. I applied March 27th and my status was decision in progress till I received procedural fairness letter on May 15th. I responded by May 26th with additional documents and it still reads decision in progress. I've tried calling, no response. So I forwarded the documents again and copied ontarionominee@ontario.ca and they replied acknowledging the documents stating that they would contact me if they require more information.

I'm just wondering how long this would take. It is almost 3 months since I applied and almost a month since I sent in the additional documents. Do you have any insight to cases like this? Please respond. Thank you.

touchedo

Feb 27, 2017
Dear Friends - I need your advise and wisdom.

I created my EE profile with 423 points on June 01 (now 438 after sibling's 15 points on June 06) and got OINP intent on June 02, 2017. Since I'm doing this exercise without any help, I out of curosity created my ONIP profile on June 02 itself and later realised that now I have 14 days to submit the application. Somehow, I gathered all the documents except one - The Work Contracts. What is a Work Contract?

If a work contract is an offer letter, then i have it for my last company and the current one. In all about 2 years and 9 months of experience. In this case, if I recheck my CRS with 2 years of experience, the score falls to 413.

How should I proceed from this point? Suggestions are badly needed .....
On my case I did not submit work contracts. I did submit: employer letter of reference, 6 months of paychecks, last year income statement, and my resume. I got the nomination yesterday, so it looks like it worked..

Also your NOI is valid for 6 months. If the current application expires after 14 days then you simply create a new one and go from there. I have also tried and tested this on my case..

But as others have said, you may want to wait for the next EE draw as there is a good chance that with your CRS score you will get the ITA directly.

Hope that helps.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hello Bill,

Please could you help with any advice for me. I applied March 27th and my status was decision in progress till I received procedural fairness letter on May 15th. I responded by May 26th with additional documents and it still reads decision in progress. I've tried calling, no response. So I forwarded the documents again and copied ontarionominee@ontario.ca and they replied acknowledging the documents stating that they would contact me if they require more information.

I'm just wondering how long this would take. It is almost 3 months since I applied and almost a month since I sent in the additional documents. Do you have any insight to cases like this? Please respond. Thank you.
If you have submitted your application online then it should have been processed within 3 Months. There are cases of delays and I don't know exactly why they might do this. You can write them email to ask about your application status and state that you are waiting for Decision from 3 months.

Don't want to say this, but I have noticed that OINP avoids giving Nomination to ones received ITA but not declined it, or the one who are expected to get Direct ITA. They want to save more Nominations and meanwhile keep your $1,500 in pocket.

maplewinn

Star Member
Jan 23, 2017
If you have submitted your application online then it should have been processed within 3 Months. There are cases of delays and I don't know exactly why they might do this. You can write them email to ask about your application status and state that you are waiting for Decision from 3 months.

Don't want to say this, but I have noticed that OINP avoids giving Nomination to ones received ITA but not declined it, or the one who are expected to get Direct ITA. They want to save more Nominations and meanwhile keep your $1,500 in pocket.
Ok. Thank you for the information. It will be exactly 3 months in less than 2 weeks. I will give to the end of this week and probably have to send an email. I have 401. the scores have not yet come that low.

thanks again.

maplewinn

Star Member
Jan 23, 2017
I didn't get any reply yet. I sent an email to the same address from where I got the procedural fairness letter. It was oinp.team3(MCI). I made a call to the immigration office before sending my documents. They asked me to send at the same email Id from where I got letter.
Hello... Nomination come through yet? I'm still waiting.

scorpion3110

Feb 2, 2015
Delhi Area, India
NOC Code......
On my case I did not submit work contracts. I did submit: employer letter of reference, 6 months of paychecks, last year income statement, and my resume. I got the nomination yesterday, so it looks like it worked..

Also your NOI is valid for 6 months. If the current application expires after 14 days then you simply create a new one and go from there. I have also tried and tested this on my case..

But as others have said, you may want to wait for the next EE draw as there is a good chance that with your CRS score you will get the ITA directly.

Hope that helps.
Thanks touchedo. This really helps. Super Like.

Please help with the following as well:
  1. Can I update EE after I have received NOI?
  2. In my case, I'm filing alone (not involving wife and kid at this time since my CRS falls significantly in absence of my wife's IELTS and ECS). However, in OINP, it mandatorily asks for dependent family members passport details. If I read the help, it says that if nominated, I can bring my family along. I could not understand this since, in my EE profile, I selected NO for my wife and kids immigrating along.
  3. Does the work experience mentioned in EE has to match that mentioned in OINP? A direct ITA does not require Work Contracts hence I can claim points for 6+ years of experience. I was thinking of submitting document only those companies in OINP for which I have a work contract (roughly 3 years). A 3 years work experience in EE gives me a CRS of 413 and 6+ years gives me a CRS of 438.