+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Chat Group - Ask Any Question (UNRESTRICTED THREAD)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Boni M said:
Hi friends
Can anybody tell me how OINP picks up the file for nomination ?
Is it by FIFO method or by CRS ranking ?
Please elaborate.
Thanks.
I don't think its FIFO (at least for the nominations issued in 2016). What we know is the priority is for CEC applicants whose work permits are close to expiry. Last 2 nominations (November and December FSW outland applicants), however, might indicate preference for certain NOCs (these 2 applicants had NOC 1112 and 1122). However, they are almost done issuing AORs to February applicants and a March applicant has got AOR. I believe OINP will start issuing nominations after they are done sending AORs to all applicants.

Dedicated

Aug 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, guys. I have already asked this question in a different OINP thread but got no answer. Maybe you can advise on this issue.
In my EE profile English has been chosen as the first language [L: 9, R: 8, W: 7.5, S: 8] and French as second [L: 277, R: 227, W: 357, S: 414]. While determining my eligibility for French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream would they use the same structure or would they consider French as my first language?

angel1719

Oct 25, 2015
Hi All

I have a question/ doubt. Please advice if my understanding is right.

once we apply for Ontario Nomination

1st Step: there is someone who is checking for completeness of the file? if it is found incomplete, it is returned right away?
2nd step: it moves in the queue for reviewing and acceptance to other team member. if all ok with docs and info, it is accepted. If not it is "Rejected" and sent back.(in this step, there are chances that they send back in case of rejection. Else the person gets reviewed and accepted email upon enquiry of status)
3rd Step: next team issues, AOR and DD encase
4th Step: another team then issues Nomination.

I am not talking about how long it takes but i guess this is what is happening. it is a different set of people through which our file passes at various stages. Hence, we receive replies like its is 1st stage, 2nd stage, investigator analyst, etc.

Boni M

Star Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
I don't think its FIFO (at least for the nominations issued in 2016). What we know is the priority is for CEC applicants whose work permits are close to expiry. Last 2 nominations (November and December FSW outland applicants), however, might indicate preference for certain NOCs (these 2 applicants had NOC 1112 and 1122). However, they are almost done issuing AORs to February applicants and a March applicant has got AOR. I believe OINP will start issuing nominations after they are done sending AORs to all applicants.
Thanks for the reply.
It means we can also expect it by CRS ranking?
Once we get into the pool, does Ontario automatically picks up or we have to apply it by another method?
I am at 428 with NOC 4032 (teachers). What are the possibilities.
Please help...

Afrida

Jan 14, 2016
We have submitted our application but it's been more a than month and we haven't received notification of our Express Entry Profile creation and entry to the pool ... Our lawyer is saying the Canadian gvt is taking time for some reason.

Should we be concerned?

Does it take that long to create a profile in EE Pool?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Afrida said:
We have submitted our application but it's been more a than month and we haven't received notification of our Express Entry Profile creation and entry to the pool ... Our lawyer is saying the Canadian gvt is taking time for some reason.

Should we be concerned?

Does it take that long to create a profile in EE Pool?
No - I think your agent is lying. Did he say you did not get an ITA or did he say it is taking long to create your EE profile and activate it?

elle03

Star Member
Dec 27, 2015
App. Filed.......
24-01-2017
Nomination.....
18-12-2016 (OINP)
AOR Received.
24-01-2017
Passport Req..
15-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
coming soon
Stanlee said:
For your previous employer you need to update the last working day in your profile. As per the OINP Application Guide, you need to inform OINP, in case you have got a new job (changes in personal circumstances). You may not necessarily want to claim points, but you may need to inform.
Thanks much!! Guess thats the best thing to do so ive updated everything and will just have to deal with getting a reference letter from my new employer in case ill be asked. ☺

Afrida

Jan 14, 2016
Our agent said it is taking time to create our EE profile and activate it...

We have submitted our application more than a month back. Initially he said it takes around 10 days...well it's way past that...and when we called up to ask he said there is nothing to worry...The process is getting delayed for some reason....He said he is waiting to get a hard copy of profile creation from his Canadian lawyer counterpart...

AT this point we are really worried and upset :(

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Afrida said:

We have submitted our application more than a month back. Initially he said it takes around 10 days...well it's way past that...and when we called up to ask he said there is nothing to worry...The process is getting delayed for some reason....He said he is waiting to get a hard copy of profile creation from his Canadian lawyer counterpart...

I think you are posting in the wrong thread but I will provide a suggestion anyway.

Your EE profile is a high level summary of your biography and your personal background. I suggest you save yourself the money and having to hear excuses for the agent. Cease your relationship with this so called agent and create your profile yourself. It is not difficult as it is answering questions about you and/or your spouse and/or family.

If an agent found out something about me that I did not already know I would be very concerned.

Just my suggestion. Feel free to do what you think is best.

prashantduggal

Champion Member
May 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
30-08-2017
Nomination.....
17-12-2016
AOR Received.
05-02-2017 (e-APR)
Med's Done....
09-03-2017 (Passed)
Passport Req..
04-09-2017
Afrida said:

It takes max two days to get profile activate. You should do it by yourself. It is not rocket science. Everything is mentioned in application guide step by step and on this forum you can clarify your doubts.

Its not a wrong thread. You can post as many questions you want ti.

figaro2

Jan 12, 2016
Argentina
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-01-2016
Doc's Request.
15-01-2017
Nomination.....
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
Med's Done....
20-07-2017
Passport Req..
3 nov 2017
LANDED..........
31 01 2018
hi

activating your profile on EE is a bit complicated if you do it in hurry, but take your time reading every detail and create it yourself!
and agent could help you if he is a good one, but in general you do not need an agent, even to fill the files...
i advice you to get informed about this agent, maybe he is not serious, or scaming people! that happens a lot ! you are normally capable to verify if he is registred and allowed to be an agent or not.
there is totally no delay creating a profile in entry express it automatic, and only by making a test to see if you are admissible it generates an account automaticly for you.

well i wish you luck

adore_amod

Star Member
Feb 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2016
AOR Received.
10-08-2016
Hi All,

I have few question as I am Cec appilcant and will be travelling to India in some days.

1. Whats the difference in documentation for PR after getting ITA from India and within Canada.
2. Suppose In India if I get ITA and my spouse does not want to get PR or travel to Canada then can I apply for my pr only (Can I apply PR for primary applicant only). Later on if my spouse wants to come back to Canada then she can apply independently as dependent?
3. What will happen if me and my spouse both apply for PR but due to some work in India she could not do her PR landing?

Please help with these answers. I am in delima what will happen once I return to India as my visa is going to expire in Jan.

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
adore_amod said:
Hi All,

I have few question as I am Cec appilcant and will be travelling to India in some days.

1. Whats the difference in documentation for PR after getting ITA from India and within Canada.

No difference. You would have to submit the same documentation irrespective of whether you are in India or Canada. Please note that your Indian PCC should have been obtained AFTER you leave India. If you get one and then leave India, you might have to apply for a PCC from an Indian consulate in Canada. If you are applying from India, then your PCC should not be older than 6 months.

2. Suppose In India if I get ITA and my spouse does not want to get PR or travel to Canada then can I apply for my pr only (Can I apply PR for primary applicant only). Later on if my spouse wants to come back to Canada then she can apply independently as dependent?

If you marked your spouse as an accompanying dependent, then both of you will be given visas and COPRs. In case your spouse doesn't land before the expiry of the COPR, then her visa and COPR will be voided. She has to go through the entire process again if she wants to come to Canada. Alternatively, you can sponsor your spouse under the spousal sponsorship program (if you land and become a PR).

If you are very sure that your spouse isn't going to land in Canada and her visa, if granted, is going to go waste, then I suggest that you mark her as a non-accompanying dependent because some other deserving immigrant might take her place. I am telling this in good conscience, please do not get me wrong.

3. What will happen if me and my spouse both apply for PR but due to some work in India she could not do her PR landing?

Answered above.

Please help with these answers. I am in delima what will happen once I return to India as my visa is going to expire in Jan.

Thanks

adore_amod

Star Member
Feb 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-2016
AOR Received.
10-08-2016

Thanks Raj for your answers. I will take decisions based on your input once I have ITA.
One more question. My visa is going to expire and I will travel to India and suppose after that I am getting nomination. I am cec OINP Feb applicant so expecting that I will get Nomination and ITA some time in Feb 2017.
Can I apply for PCC from Canada itself in Jan so that this document will be ready for applying PR in India.

In India my work location and passport issue location is different so I am thinking that getting PCC might be difficult task for me as I will have to travel here and there.

treble

Sep 8, 2016
India
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-08-2016
AOR Received.
31-03-2017
Hello,

I have just applied (end of august) in the EE Pool with a CRS score of 446. I wanted to know how much time does it take for OINP to send an invite. I am aware that they have stopped sending ITAs as of now and might resume in the month of November but I just need a general idea.