+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Chat Group - Ask Any Question (UNRESTRICTED THREAD)

Mr Optimist

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can someone shed light on few doubts I have wrt Proof of Funds?

I had sent my six month bank statement and a letter from bank manager for Proof of Funds. It was was my savings account and there is no salary credit transaction ever. So far, I haven't been asked for updated proof of funds. However, I don't have the same amount in my savings since part of that amount has got invested in immovable assets and remaining in stocks.

Here are my doubts:
1. In Dec thread I read someone had submitted PF account balance for proof of funds. Can I provide my PF account statement if OINP asks for updated proof of funds? Who do I need to get it authorized/validated from?

2. If there is anyway to provide stock and MF holdings as proof of funds?

3. Is there any other asset we can provide as proof of funds?

Appreciate if you wonderful folks can help me with this!! :)

PS: I should have joined this forum before sending OINP application

tanit

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
hi guys
am willing to send my package to OINP FSSW
few questions :

- Balance sheets : should these docs be signed by my local government or only by an accountant ?

- Proof of funds : am working in a liberal job, and for few years I saved money but "under the pillow" no banking or saving system can show these savings
so i have 2 possibilities :
1- Put the money in bank 8K and submit my bank account with sufficient funds (8k+5k already in bank)
2- Make a Deed with my brother as if he gave me the money for immigration purposes

what do you guys think would be a cleaner procedure ?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Mr Optimist said:

I had sent my six month bank statement and a letter from bank manager for Proof of Funds. It was was my savings account and there is no salary credit transaction ever. So far, I haven't been asked for updated proof of funds. However, I don't have the same amount in my savings since part of that amount has got invested in immovable assets and remaining in stocks.

Here are my doubts:
1. In Dec thread I read someone had submitted PF account balance for proof of funds. Can I provide my PF account statement if OINP asks for updated proof of funds? Who do I need to get it authorized/validated from?

1. Yes, you can submit PF balance as POF. Check this thread to know more http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/procedure-to-get-pf-balance-certificate-and-ac-statement-from-pf-office-india-t412640.0.html

2. Stocks and mutual funds cannot be shown as POF.

3. In addition to savings account and PF you can show term deposits like fixed deposits, recurring deposits, post office savings etc.

prashantduggal

Champion Member
May 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
30-08-2017
Nomination.....
17-12-2016
AOR Received.
05-02-2017 (e-APR)
Med's Done....
09-03-2017 (Passed)
Passport Req..
04-09-2017
Mr Optimist said:

Here are my doubts:
-- Yes you can show these funds. Check with EPF office.

-- No, as far I know.

-- F.D., Bank statements, money as gift by someone (legally).

Mr Optimist

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stanlee said:
1. Yes, you can submit PF balance as POF. Check this thread to know more http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/procedure-to-get-pf-balance-certificate-and-ac-statement-from-pf-office-india-t412640.0.html

2. Stocks and mutual funds cannot be shown as POF.

3. In addition to savings account and PF you can show term deposits like fixed deposits, recurring deposits, post office savings etc.
Thanks a lot, Stanlee... So, my proof of funds will be from different source when compared what I provided in my initial application. Any idea if that will impact my assessment negatively?

If they ask for updated proof of funds, I'm thinking I'll provide statements and balance of my savings account I provided earlier (even though it has pennies now:)) and PF statement as well as term deposits statements.

That leads to one more doubt. If I am providing multiple acceptable sources for proof of funds (PF, Bank balance, term deposits), do I need to provide one consolidated attestation so that it is clear to OINP what is the total funds I can carry to poor country Canada :))) at the end of the day? From whom should I get it assessed?

Mr Optimist

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Prashant... I'll work on PF statement then. That alone should suffice. But just to be safe I'll include term deposit as well as bank balance. Just wondering if I need to provide a consolidated liquid asset evaluation to OINP so that they don't need to go through the trouble of adding up amounts from different statements?!

prashantduggal

Champion Member
May 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
30-08-2017
Nomination.....
17-12-2016
AOR Received.
05-02-2017 (e-APR)
Med's Done....
09-03-2017 (Passed)
Passport Req..
04-09-2017
@Mr Optimist

You can provide as many proof of funds you have, they should be valid though. Make sure you're providing what has written in application guide and as per legal route.

You don't need to worry about anything even if you're providing 10 different proofs. It's their work to verify and make calcularion.

You can provide letter of explanation about each proof and total amount you're showing. Rest they will calculate.

To be free from such hassle, always try to maintain the same proof which you submitted earlier.

Good luck.

gp0504

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Hello fellow OINP aspirants!

Can someone help me with a query please? I got to know just recently that AOR and "Nomination received" are actually two different things! I was under the impression that AOR is when we receive the 600 points from Ontario and after that we just wait for the next CIC draw & ITA. But I guess I was wrong. So after we send our OINP application package, first we are supposed to get AOR and then Nomination (600 points) after that? How long does the AOR usually take?
I had sent my OINP application package on 25th Feb 2016 and it reached Toronto on 29th Feb. It's been close to 5 months and I haven't even received the AOR yet, which means it will take even more time for the actual nomination and 600 points to come. Has anyone faced such long timelines? Is this usual? Any advice? Sometimes one tends to get a little pessimistic because of these things taking so long! :)
Thank you for any help on this!

Mr Optimist

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gp0504 said:
Hello fellow OINP aspirants!

Can someone help me with a query please? I got to know just recently that AOR and "Nomination received" are actually two different things! I was under the impression that AOR is when we receive the 600 points from Ontario and after that we just wait for the next CIC draw & ITA. But I guess I was wrong. So after we send our OINP application package, first we are supposed to get AOR and then Nomination (600 points) after that? How long does the AOR usually take?
I had sent my OINP application package on 25th Feb 2016 and it reached Toronto on 29th Feb. It's been close to 5 months and I haven't even received the AOR yet, which means it will take even more time for the actual nomination and 600 points to come. Has anyone faced such long timelines? Is this usual? Any advice? Sometimes one tends to get a little pessimistic because of these things taking so long! :)
Thank you for any help on this!
Yes it is taking lot of time due to high volume of applicants for OINP. Check the bottom line in my posts and few others who have their progress updated.

Here is what I have learnt. Might help you as well:

AOR stands for "Acknowledgement of Receipt". It means OINP have done initial verification of your documents for their completeness. i.e. they received your application and verified that application form is filled properly and all supporting documents are in place.

Second stage is assessment. Your application and supporting documents will be scrutinized and reviewed. In this stage they may ask for additional documents or updated (for eg. proof of funds). You will receive a call in this stage and the officer might ask you questions about your application (work ex, proof of funds and may be everyone's favorite "Why do you want to come to Canada?" "Why do you want to live in Ontario?" etc :))

Third stage is the decision stage. Once assessment is complete, a senior investigating officer will choose to nominate you or reject your application based on the outcome from second stage.

If your application clears third stage, you'll receive nomination i.e. 600 points. That should be enough to fetch you ITA in the immediate next round of invitation.

gp0504

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Thanks very much, Mr. Optimist! (BTW, nice alias here! :))
The info you shared definitely helps. So does the call from an officer in the second stage come on a random basis or does every single applicant get a call for sure? Any idea? What are the chances of rejection? Doesn't sound that simple or sure-shot from your description of the process.
Thanks.

Raina27

Jul 20, 2016
Can anyone help plz

i m little confused about the following;

You will have a better chance of being invited to apply if you:

are nominated by a province or territory, or
have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada.

How the two things are different?
Also I wanted to ask that I hv an EE profile in that case I m also registered with the job bank so what is its purpose then?

Mr Optimist

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raina27 said:
Can anyone help plz

Also I wanted to ask that I hv an EE profile in that case I m also registered with the job bank so what is its purpose then?
It appears that no one has got their PR through EE yet. So what is better, job offer or PNP is a difficult question to answer. My guess is job offer will be better. CIC team works closely with LMIA, who in turn work with employers, and tries to address their issues wrt fulfilling skill gap. LMIA's concern has always been the delay caused in processing visa after job offers. So, we can expect CIC to fast track applications with job offers.

It makes economic sense as well. Somebody has a job offer means a Canadian company needs that individual right now and CIC needs to get him/her land in Canada ASAP. In fact, a day might come where Canada might say you can apply for PR only if you have a job offer, like many European countries do now after they closed most of their skill gap through years of skilled immigration.

Difference between the two is self explanatory. PNP nominates based on the overall need of the province and the quota. Job offer is company specific. There is no province involved here, unless the individual has sought PNP based on job offer. It could be an extreme case where original CRS points were so low that even after 600 additional points for job offer, person is not able to make the cut because ITA cutoff is unbelievably high.

gp0504

Star Member
Jan 2, 2016
Raina27 said:
Can anyone help plz

There are 3 ways that you can get can a Canadian PR -
1) Directly through CIC - You score a high CRS and you get picked up directly in the CIC express entry draws that take place about twice a month. The current CRS cut-off is around 482, so if you have that or more than that, you don't need to worry about provincial nomination or a job offer.
2) PNP - If your CRS is less than the CIC cut-off, but still a decent score, then a province like Ontario (more than CRS 400 for Ontario) will send you a letter of interest and invite you to apply for their province. The province follows its own process and once they verify your application & documents, they grant you 600 points which get added to your CRS and guarantees that you will get picked up in the next CIC draw.
3) If an employer in Canada is willing you offer you a job and provides the required documents, you get 600 points in this case too, making it easy for you to get picked up in the next draw. Honestly, this is pretty rare.

Hope this helps.

Mr Optimist

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gp0504 said:
Thanks very much, Mr. Optimist! (BTW, nice alias here! :))
The info you shared definitely helps. So does the call from an officer in the second stage come on a random basis or does every single applicant get a call for sure? Any idea? What are the chances of rejection? Doesn't sound that simple or sure-shot from your description of the process.
Thanks.
I'm not sure of the rejection rate. What I understand from people's experience here is that if application and supporting documents are in place, there should be nothing to worry. You may have to wait for long time due to high volume of aspirants.

Regarding call, I believe everyone is going to receive one. But I am not 100% sure.

prashantduggal

Champion Member
May 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
30-08-2017
Nomination.....
17-12-2016
AOR Received.
05-02-2017 (e-APR)
Med's Done....
09-03-2017 (Passed)
Passport Req..
04-09-2017
tanit said:
hi guys
am willing to send my package to OINP FSSW
few questions :

- Balance sheets : should these docs be signed by my local government or only by an accountant ?
why would you need balancesheets? Which balance sheets?
- Proof of funds : am working in a liberal job, and for few years I saved money but "under the pillow" no banking or saving system can show these savings
so i have 2 possibilities :
1- Put the money in bank 8K and submit my bank account with sufficient funds (8k+5k already in bank)

Bank docs are the best to prove the funds but if it was given to you by some one then you may need gift deed.

2- Make a Deed with my brother as if he gave me the money for immigration purposes
Yes you've to do that.

what do you guys think would be a cleaner procedure ?