+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - changing the IELTS score after submitting the OINP application

krishislegend

Star Member
Jun 28, 2021
Hi Guys your comments would be much appreciated. I filed the OINP application 2 weeks back. I got NOI from tech draw on Feb2nd and my score was 481. My wife retook her IELTS and improved her score. Can i update my express entry profile with the new IELTS. Our new score of 485 will still be in cut off range. Do i need to inform OINP of this update?

Nitti

Apr 3, 2019
Hey! I have gotten my NOI through OINP 2 Feb 2023 draw and submitted my documents by early March. My IELTS is expiring in early July. Would I need to retake IELTS? Your help will be highly appreciated.

Hopesly

Star Member
Apr 24, 2022
Hey! I have gotten my NOI through OINP 2 Feb 2023 draw and submitted my documents by early March. My IELTS is expiring in early July. Would I need to retake IELTS? Your help will be highly appreciated.
Yes, you need a valid ielts for IRCC application, but as long as you get the 600 points the score of the new ielts doesn't matter

tumblewit

Jun 3, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
Yes, you need a valid ielts for IRCC application, but as long as you get the 600 points the score of the new ielts doesn't matter
It should be CLB7 for a valid express entry profile. But yes it shouldnt be same as before in case it was higher. once you submit an application to OINP your profile can have changes like age change points reduction or IELTS etc.

tumblewit

Jun 3, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
It should be CLB7 for a valid express entry profile. But yes it shouldnt be same as before in case it was higher. once you submit an application to OINP your profile can have changes like age change points reduction or IELTS etc.

A note here since I am in this situation : YOU NEED TO HAVE 67 POINTS FOR A VALID EXPRESS ENTRY PROFILE.

Remember while CLB7 is minimum for a valid express entry profile you still need 67 points in total. If for some reason you dont have 67 points without your original IELTS score, you need to check what is the minimum score you need for that to happen. In that case it may not be CLB7 and might be higher. For me I get only 64 points with CLB7. I will need at least 3 more points so I will need CLB8 in 3 of the 4 sections or a combination of CLB9 and CLB8 in one of the two etc while requiring CLB7 in other sections. Make sure you dont miss this important part.

Prawin609

Sep 20, 2019
Hello Everyone,
I have improved my IELTS score and I am planning to update the score in my EE profile. However, my OINP application is in the assessment stage. Do I need to inform my latest IELTS score to OINP? When I received an Express Entry Notification of Interest from OINP my score was 478 and the OINP cut-off range for that draw was 473 to 480.

My new score after taking the IELTS was 511.

Please give your suggestions.