+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Applied after Implied Status Work Permit Extension application

ssingh5

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Hello
I have a friend , she was an international student
She is working for a company full time since Jan 4th 2021. Her PGWP expired in 24 Dec 2021.
Since we not getting CEC draws. She applied for extension of PGWP to maintain the status and borrow some time on 22 Dec 2021.

Now, She got invite from OINP on 11 Jan 2022 in International Student JOb Offer Stream. She submited the application and status is - ASSESSMENT right now.

My questions are :
1) Whats going to happen if her WP extension get denied which is supposed to before her OINP approval?

2) Can she still apply for Extension or upload any document saying her OINP applicaTion is in process?

3) Is she going to get 600 points once approval is done and then add that pnp update in express entry profile and wait for PNP drawin express entry to pick up her file and apply PR there OR she has to go through everything in OINP process ?

bac0n14

Star Member
Feb 3, 2022
she has to convert to visitor status if her WP is rejected before the oinp nomination approval.

international student job offer stream is an EOI and not part of express entry. it is paper based. you will not be granted 600 points once your nomination got approved.

however, oinp will provide you with work permit support letter that you can use to apply work permit extension once your nomination is approved.
https://www.canadavisa.com/ontario-employer-job-offer-international-student-stream.html (search for "support letter")

Reactions: ssingh5

VarRana

Feb 19, 2024
Hello
I have a friend , she was an international student
She is working for a company full time since Jan 4th 2021. Her PGWP expired in 24 Dec 2021.
Since we not getting CEC draws. She applied for extension of PGWP to maintain the status and borrow some time on 22 Dec 2021.

Now, She got invite from OINP on 11 Jan 2022 in International Student JOb Offer Stream. She submited the application and status is - ASSESSMENT right now.

My questions are :
1) Whats going to happen if her WP extension get denied which is supposed to before her OINP approval?

2) Can she still apply for Extension or upload any document saying her OINP applicaTion is in process?

3) Is she going to get 600 points once approval is done and then add that pnp update in express entry profile and wait for PNP drawin express entry to pick up her file and apply PR there OR she has to go through everything in OINP process ?
Hi, I'm in the same boat. Today my work permit was rejected. Can you please let me know what happened to your friend's status?

VarRana

Feb 19, 2024
she has to convert to visitor status if her WP is rejected before the oinp nomination approval.

international student job offer stream is an EOI and not part of express entry. it is paper based. you will not be granted 600 points once your nomination got approved.

however, oinp will provide you with work permit support letter that you can use to apply work permit extension once your nomination is approved.
https://www.canadavisa.com/ontario-employer-job-offer-international-student-stream.html (search for "support letter")
Hi,
OINP still issues you a nomination letter if you lose your worker status and right now on visitor status if you applied under the employer job offer (OINP-FWS)?