+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Applications delivered in February 2016 ~~> Let's connect here

GauravYadav

Star Member
May 11, 2016
Code:
Hi All

I received the following Additional Doc Request for POF today from OINP:

The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program is currently assessing your Nominee Application for Ontario Express Entry

Please submit the below information/documents as soon as possible.

Program criteria requires that you possess sufficient funds to cover settlement costs in Ontario.

Funds must be unencumbered, readily transferable in a convertible currency, and supported by bank statements.

[b]From the review of your application it appears that some of your funds are in fixed deposit certificates.[/b]

Funds must be unencumbered and readily available, and cannot be locked for an unspecified period of time.

-[b]6 months of most recent bank statements (June 2016-November 2016). The bank statements should show your name and account balance.[/b]

You will be allowed 15 calendar days from the date of this correspondence to provide the above documentation and/or information in support of your application.
Should the program not receive a response to this request within 15 calendar days, your application will be assessed against the information and documentation received to date.

You may mail the documents to the address listed below or scan the original documents in pdf format and attach them to this email thread and click reply without changing the subject line.

I am faced with the following queries:

1. With OINP mentioning the statement: "From the review of your application it appears that some of your funds are in fixed deposit certificates.Funds must be unencumbered and readily available, and cannot be locked for an unspecified period of time." Do they not acknowledge FD as readily transferable liquid money which can be easily broken?

2. LETTER OF EXPLANATION: When submitting my original application, i had submitted my Proof of funds in the following away and supported them with a letter of explanation:
Portion A: Last 6 months Bank Statement showing approx 50% of the fund requirement (approx 12K-13K CAD)
Portion B: A list of 8 or 9 Fixed Deposit Certificate photocopies along with a table of their total values provided in the letter of explanation, making up the remaining 40-50% requirement (approx 12K - 13K CAD)

I deliberately showed higher funds than the minimal LICO (approx 25K) to adjust for currency fluctuation considering the wait period ahead. Lastly i specifically mentioned in BOLD that of these 25K, I would be bringing 21K to Canada for settlement purposes.

Considering the above and Ontario's response on POF, what should i do? Do i necessarily need to have all the 21K in my Savings account? Which means do i necessarily have to break all those FDs now at this stage?? and then resubmit the higher balance account statement? Breaking these FDs would also need a week's time which means these funds will suddenly jump in my Savings account in December whereas they require a 6 months statement from June - November as per their email.

Or do i resubmit the same configuration of Proof of Funds - i.e. 50% in Savings Bank + 50% in FD Certificates? 

Requesting an urgent clarification on this scenario from all seniors ... please do help!

AGENTOO7

Feb 2, 2016
GauravYadav said:
Code:
Hi All

The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program is currently assessing your Nominee Application for Ontario Express Entry

Program criteria requires that you possess sufficient funds to cover settlement costs in Ontario.

Funds must be unencumbered, readily transferable in a convertible currency, and supported by bank statements.

[b]From the review of your application it appears that some of your funds are in fixed deposit certificates.[/b]

Funds must be unencumbered and readily available, and cannot be locked for an unspecified period of time.

-[b]6 months of most recent bank statements (June 2016-November 2016). The bank statements should show your name and account balance.[/b]

You will be allowed 15 calendar days from the date of this correspondence to provide the above documentation and/or information in support of your application.
Should the program not receive a response to this request within 15 calendar days, your application will be assessed against the information and documentation received to date.

You may mail the documents to the address listed below or scan the original documents in pdf format and attach them to this email thread and click reply without changing the subject line.

1. With OINP mentioning the statement: "From the review of your application it appears that some of your funds are in fixed deposit certificates.Funds must be unencumbered and readily available, and cannot be locked for an unspecified period of time." Do they not acknowledge FD as readily transferable liquid money which can be easily broken?

2. LETTER OF EXPLANATION: When submitting my original application, i had submitted my Proof of funds in the following away and supported them with a letter of explanation:
Portion A: Last 6 months Bank Statement showing approx 50% of the fund requirement (approx 12K-13K CAD)
Portion B: A list of 8 or 9 Fixed Deposit Certificate photocopies along with a table of their total values provided in the letter of explanation, making up the remaining 40-50% requirement (approx 12K - 13K CAD)

I deliberately showed higher funds than the minimal LICO (approx 25K) to adjust for currency fluctuation considering the wait period ahead. Lastly i specifically mentioned in BOLD that of these 25K, I would be bringing 21K to Canada for settlement purposes.

Considering the above and Ontario's response on POF, what should i do? Do i necessarily need to have all the 21K in my Savings account? Which means do i necessarily have to break all those FDs now at this stage?? and then resubmit the higher balance account statement? Breaking these FDs would also need a week's time which means these funds will suddenly jump in my Savings account in December whereas they require a 6 months statement from June - November as per their email.

Or do i resubmit the same configuration of Proof of Funds - i.e. 50% in Savings Bank + 50% in FD Certificates? 

Requesting an urgent clarification on this scenario from all seniors ... please do help!
I think it's better to have funds liquidated, as it would be easier for you to answer because you would be doing just what they wanted you to do. Alternatively, you can also get a letter from the bank stating that funds can be readily liquidated on the will of the Fixed deposit holder and you can show the source of funds to demonstrate that they are unencumbered and send the same set of POF. However, you might get another request if they are not satisfied with your explanation. Again as long as you show the source of funds, it shouldn't be a problem if you suddenly have a bump in your savings. Wishing you a speedy nomination, Cheers!!

MichaelCorleone

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GauravYadav said:
Code:
Hi All

Gaurav, first of all, congrats as there is at least some movement on your application.

Second, if your FDs are with PSU banks (SBI, SBP,etc.) You can fill a form mentioning all your FDs in it and ask them to provide a certificate or statement mentioning withdrawable amount as on a given date. I know this process exists for PSU banks, i am sure similar process would exist for Pvt. Sector banks as well.

In a nutshell, get a statement from your bank mentioning the amount you can withdraw today. That amount should more than LIMO.

There is no need to break your FDs if they are in your own name.

SalmanB

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
Hi guys, so i submitted my additional documents request on nov 17th ( pof and a copy of my visitor permit valid april 1 2017, since my work permit had expired and my bridge was rejected), i originally got an email from express entry (mci) nov 12th asking for additional documents. So on the nov 21st, i got an email from express entry (mci) that my application has been referred to senior processing officer for a DECISION.

So fingers crossed, will keep you guys updated as to what happens next!! nervous to see what the outcome is... any idea how long it takes them to make a decision, and if you get nominated do they let you know via email?

Regards
Salman

ankurparekh1988

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/02/2016
Doc's Request.
05/12/2016
Nomination.....
17/12/2016
AOR Received.
18/08/2016
Noursouri said:
Application received : 26 February 2016
AOR : 20 August ( they asked me to renew my payment )
I received my old bank draft on : 5 November 2016
I resent the bank draft
I got an receipt for the fees on : 10 November 2016
they asked me for more documents on : 11 November 2016
I sent the documents on : 22 November 2016
they acknowledge the documents received on : 24 November 2016
they told me that my application is now with an analysts on : 26 November 2016 ( the letter subject was acknowlogemnt )

I hope those dates help you guys

when does it move to the decision phase .. that is the question !

I hope those dates help you guys
in assesting the
Congrats for getting ADR. I have the similar timeline Same as you except I got AOR before 2 days then you.

Who is your case officer for AOR and ADR ?

Noursouri

Nov 27, 2016
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-03-2017
Doc's Request.
7.11.2017 and 1.7.2017
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
Med's Done....
ankurparekh1988 said:
Congrats for getting ADR. I have the similar timeline Same as you except I got AOR before 2 days then you.

Who is your case officer for AOR and ADR ?

thank you very much.

I received an email telling me that it is with an analysts now.. do you know how much time before decision ?

I am very worried and concerned :( and very stressed .

I think my officer is AWE .. is that an officer name?

Noursouri

Nov 27, 2016
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-03-2017
Doc's Request.
7.11.2017 and 1.7.2017
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
Med's Done....
thestunner316 said:
ADR - Additinal Documents Request

I had sent OINP a change in personal information form on 24th June, got an acknowledgement over the weekend... talk about being prompt :p
thank you for the answer

Noursouri

Nov 27, 2016
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-03-2017
Doc's Request.
7.11.2017 and 1.7.2017
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
Med's Done....
SalmanB said:
Hi guys, so i submitted my additional documents request on nov 17th ( pof and a copy of my visitor permit valid april 1 2017, since my work permit had expired and my bridge was rejected), i originally got an email from express entry (mci) nov 12th asking for additional documents. So on the nov 21st, i got an email from express entry (mci) that my application has been referred to senior processing officer for a DECISION.

So fingers crossed, will keep you guys updated as to what happens next!! nervous to see what the outcome is... any idea how long it takes them to make a decision, and if you get nominated do they let you know via email?

Regards
Salman
wish you the best .. i got an email that my application was forward for an analysis and after that they will move it to decision.

so i think it is a very good news that you were moved to decision immediately.

keep us posted

ankurparekh1988

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/02/2016
Doc's Request.
05/12/2016
Nomination.....
17/12/2016
AOR Received.
18/08/2016
Noursouri said:
thank you very much.

I received an email telling me that it is with an analysts now.. do you know how much time before decision ?

I am very worried and concerned :( and very stressed .

I think my officer is AWE .. is that an officer name?
Yes, AWE is your case officer name. Is he the same who sent you an AOR ?

Time from analyst stage to decision phase is totally depends on the case officer.

Atleast good thing is that your application is with analyst.

In my case, no ADR :(

kunal00777

Apr 23, 2013
Eugenie2016 said:
Hi Kunal, after you sent the additional documentation on Nov 17, did OINP send you confirmation when they received your email or did you ask for confirmation?
I sent my additional documentation on Nov 17 too but did not receive any response. I might have to double check with OINP
Hi received the confirmation right away.

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sidney.Bae said:
guys, anybody who has doc request, is it from expressentry@ontario.ca this email address? or officer individual email address.
It is from express entry email.

samzgfang

Star Member
Dec 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got an email request today. It seems OINP is processing our files constantly.

Date: October 20, 2016

Re: File Number XHSW-1604XXX

Dear XXXX,

Applicants to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program’s (OINP) Human Capital Priorities Stream or French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream are required to submit a copy of their Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report. You provided a copy of an ECA report from the Comparative Education Service (CES).

In order to verify the results of your ECA report, we require you to authorize CES to share your ECA results with OINP. OINP requires this authorization to complete the assessment of your application. Please note that your application has not been deemed incomplete but failure to comply with this request can result in the denial of your nominee application.

To authorize CES to share the results of your ECA report with OINP please fill out the following consent form: http://learn.utoronto.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Release-Information-Designate-OR-Withdraw-Representation.pdf. Once the form is complete, please send it to CES by email at ces.fswp@utoronto.ca, and include your OINP file number in the email.

If you have any specific questions about how to provide authorization to share your ECA results with OINP, please contact CES directly.

Please respond to this request within 15 calendar days to ensure no further delay to your application.

Best regards,

Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program

Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration

Government of Ontario

Noursouri

Nov 27, 2016
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-03-2017
Doc's Request.
7.11.2017 and 1.7.2017
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
Med's Done....
ankurparekh1988 said:
Yes, AWE is your case officer name. Is he the same who sent you an AOR ?

Time from analyst stage to decision phase is totally depends on the case officer.

Atleast good thing is that your application is with analyst.

In my case, no ADR :(
Stay patient , maybe you will be moved to the decision stage immediately without the need of additional documents

No the initials on the AOR email are different that AWE