+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP application withdrawal

hkaur819

Star Member
Jun 25, 2020
Hi Everyone
I had applied for OINP on 22 June 2020. I want to withdraw my application and want refund back. I have emailed them but no reply. How long does it take for them to reply back, if anyone knows? Or apart from email, is there any other method to approach them. On their website, it is mentioned that before we start processing your application, you can withdraw application and have refund. But I am not sure if my application is in processing state. As right now, my application status is submitted. Can anyone please guide what should I do in this case.

I am withdrawing my application because I received ITA on 25th June 2020, Just three days after submission of OINP application..:(

Reactions: doug87z

Anicherian

Jul 18, 2019
Do we have any update on the above query. Even, I am in the same scenario. So, wanted to know the steps for getting the refund when we withdraw the application

abk74

Nov 26, 2020
Hi Everyone
I had applied for OINP on 22 June 2020. I want to withdraw my application and want refund back. I have emailed them but no reply. How long does it take for them to reply back, if anyone knows? Or apart from email, is there any other method to approach them. On their website, it is mentioned that before we start processing your application, you can withdraw application and have refund. But I am not sure if my application is in processing state. As right now, my application status is submitted. Can anyone please guide what should I do in this case.

I am withdrawing my application because I received ITA on 25th June 2020, Just three days after submission of OINP application..:(
Hi,

Please let me know if you got a refund?
I withdrew my application yesterday which was in the submitted state.

shogunsft

May 11, 2018
Toronto
Yes, I got a full refund. You can write a mail to them and they share the exact timeline as to when the refund will be issued. Bank takes 5-7 days to credit the amount in your account.
Hello there, I would like to know if you withdrew your application first and then sent email? or you sent an email and then withdrew it?

My application still says submitted status, if I withdraw now will I be able to get a refund?

abk74

Nov 26, 2020
Hello there, I would like to know if you withdrew your application first and then sent email? or you sent an email and then withdrew it?

My application still says submitted status, if I withdraw now will I be able to get a refund?
I withdrew my application first and then sent an email to check if I am eligible for a refund and if yes, when exactly the refund will be issued.

OINP have mentioned on their website that if the processing of an application has not started they will issue a refund. So if your application is still in Submitted state and OINP has not started to process it, ideally you should get a refund.

I withdrew my application in less than 10 days of submitting the same so it was highly likely that OINP hasn’t started processing the application since they take at least 15-30 days to start processing an application.

iamtoni22

Jun 6, 2018
Do we have any update on the above query. Even, I am in the same scenario. So, wanted to know the steps for getting the refund when we withdraw the application
Yes, you should be able to withdraw and refund your application fee since your OINP application is still in the SUBMITTED stage. I got an ITA on Jan 8, 2021 but my OINP application which i submitted on Nov 5 2020 is already in DECISION IN PROGRESS stage and they said that they will no longer refund me the fee. Too bad :(

natash

Oct 20, 2021
Hi i got Oinp approved in december and applied for OinP PR in April paying another $1365 Pr application fee meanwhile got the PR from CEC .I have applied for refund how long does it take ??

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Don't OINP only refund if the application was not processed, will they refund an approved nomination?

Flong

Apr 30, 2019
ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
DUBAI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Is somebody here inside canada applied for nomination submitted completely all the documents buy received an email saying that it's incomplete and refunded the fee, we made an appeal to reconsider it because we do believed that we submitted everything completely.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Is somebody here inside canada applied for nomination submitted completely all the documents buy received an email saying that it's incomplete and refunded the fee, we made an appeal to reconsider it because we do believed that we submitted everything completely.
Hi,

In 95% cases, if an application is returned as incomplete then it won't be reconsidered, if you have missed the major documents or don't meet the minimum eligibility criteria.

If you're confident that your application was complete, you can challenge the decision.

Reactions: Flong

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
The cancelation/return letter should indicate which document is missing. Anything on the letter you receive?

I got my first OINP application returned because of missing attestation form (back when it does not have its own mandatory slot). This was stated in the letter I received.