+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Application sent in November 2015

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
renne9009 said:
Hi All

my IELTS score is expiring on 24th and I have received AOR. I gave another IELTS however didnt do well in writing and with the new IELTS score I am getting 377.

Can someone advise what should i do?
Thanks!!
Try taking another test immediately. If you score less and your CRS drops, unfortunately, you might have to withdraw your application from OINP.

DigitalDestiny

Nov 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They might raise additional document request or in worse case..... might reject. They are very strict with regards to IELTS. If even after nomination, scores expire and new IELTS score is below 400 they can/will withdraw the nomination.

See if you can book IELTS exam sooner in some other city or may be with IDP (as they have more seats compared to British council)

renne9009

Nov 7, 2015
DigitalDestiny said:
They might raise additional document request or in worse case..... might reject. They are very strict with regards to IELTS. If even after nomination, scores expire and new IELTS score is below 400 they can/will withdraw the nomination.

See if you can book IELTS exam sooner in some other city or may be with IDP (as they have more seats compared to British council)
Thanks, I checked everywhere(IDP & British Council) , latest date is 30th of this month. Hence I will have my new score by 15th May.
Also, it is so frustrating as I got an overall 8 (9 in listening , 8.5 in reading).
I have invested so much in OINP :(

kaka198300

Star Member
Mar 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Verification call/additional document request come in a few days after AOR. OINP generally calls the applicant but they have called employers as well. Officer would verify the information on your application form and have a little chat - no big deal. Be prepared to explain your roles if asked. Good luck.
What happen if I miss the phone call from OINP? or my boss miss the phone call from OINP? Will they reject my application because I miss to receive their call?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
kaka198300 said:
What happen if I miss the phone call from OINP? or my boss miss the phone call from OINP? Will they reject my application because I miss to receive their call?
No - it is unlikely that they will reject your application just because you missed a call. They will attempt to contact you again/they might send you an e-mail telling that they were not able to contact you and ask you for a convenient time.

roy1947

Star Member
Oct 8, 2015
renne9009 said:
Thanks, I checked everywhere(IDP & British Council) , latest date is 30th of this month. Hence I will have my new score by 15th May.
Also, it is so frustrating as I got an overall 8 (9 in listening , 8.5 in reading).
I have invested so much in OINP :(

If you think you did reasonably well but they still gave you less than 7 in writing, you may ask for re-check.
I think charge is 5k which gets refunded if your score is changed.

patnikrishna

Feb 17, 2015
NOC Code......
roy1947 said:
If you think you did reasonably well but they still gave you less than 7 in writing, you may ask for re-check.
I think charge is 5k which gets refunded if your score is changed.
I'd done a recheck for my own speaking, writing and reading tasks and irrespective of the number of tasks you choose to re-check, the fee is the same i.e 7.5K INR

renne9009

Nov 7, 2015
patnikrishna said:
I'd done a recheck for my own speaking, writing and reading tasks and irrespective of the number of tasks you choose to re-check, the fee is the same i.e 7.5K INR
Did you score improve after recheck. Also, how long do they take to revert with the new score?

patnikrishna

Feb 17, 2015
NOC Code......
renne9009 said:
Did you score improve after recheck. Also, how long do they take to revert with the new score?
nope, I was confident that my reading and writing scores would be increased by at least a 0.5 but they didn't.
Also, it took 6 weeks exactly ( which is the official timeline ). I'd appeared for the test and requested the re-check from India.

renne9009

Nov 7, 2015
Thank you all for helping out.

Just one last thing, If I donot update my EE profile with my latest score(377) , what will happen on 24th APR( its the date when my IELTS score is expiring). Would EE expire on 24th.
I am asking this because in case it expires, i might not submit the IELTS for 30th, however if it will not expire, i will give the exam and update my profile around 16th May with my new score.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
renne9009 said:
Thank you all for helping out.

Just one last thing, If I donot update my EE profile with my latest score(377) , what will happen on 24th APR( its the date when my IELTS score is expiring). Would EE expire on 24th.
I am asking this because in case it expires, i might not submit the IELTS for 30th, however if it will not expire, i will give the exam and update my profile around 16th May with my new score.
Your IELTS profile will expire the day your IELTS test scores expire. You need to update the new IELTS score before the old one expires.

rohitbites

Jul 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I plan to call CIC on the helpline number and ask for my application status. Can I do that? :-X

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
rohitbites said:
I plan to call CIC on the helpline number and ask for my application status. Can I do that? :-X
CIC? You have submitted an application to OINP and not CIC. Even if you call OINP, they'll ask you to send an e-mail to ontarionominee@ontario.ca. So, do that directly instead of taking the long route.

rohitbites

Jul 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
CIC? You have submitted an application to OINP and not CIC. Even if you call OINP, they'll ask you to send an e-mail to ontarionominee@ontario.ca. So, do that directly instead of taking the long route.
So sorry. My bad. Sending em the email now. :)