App. Filed.......
07-03-2016
Nomination.....
29-10-2016
AOR Received.
03-08-2016
JP1983 said:
@ Freds

Thank you for the response. How about the new visa stamped in my passport? Should i send this as well or just the new WP is enough?
IMO, at this point the visa on your passport really doesn't matter as you already have a valid WP. All they want to know is, if you still maintain a legal status in Canada. It would matter if you were on a visitor status but in this scenario, you are not. It's your call though and no harm emailing/faxing them a copy of your visa along with other documents.

I wish you a speedy nomination, good luck.

AmzD

Aug 14, 2016
Singapore
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I actually have a similar inquiry. My application was sent in on March 7,2016 and I received my AOR on August 21. As part of my ties to Ontario I submitted a contract for an apartment that I am leasing with my brother in Toronto. The contract ends on September 30th 2016. In addition to that, my brother should be done with his PR landing by then. Should I inform OINP of these changes and how should I do so? Also it makes me wonder if the decrease in the number of ties to ON would have a negative impact on the decision of granting a nomination. Any thoughts? Thanks

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
patnikrishna said:
Also, additional docs like updated proof of funds are a good step in the process.
The most silly thing to do. they know after nomination we all will have to show 6 months POF applying to IRCC and everyone has POF. Does not make any sense to ask for updated POF.

Freds

Jan 16, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2016
Nomination.....
29-10-2016
AOR Received.
03-08-2016
AmzD said:
I actually have a similar inquiry. My application was sent in on March 7,2016 and I received my AOR on August 21. As part of my ties to Ontario I submitted a contract for an apartment that I am leasing with my brother in Toronto. The contract ends on September 30th 2016. In addition to that, my brother should be done with his PR landing by then. Should I inform OINP of these changes and how should I do so? Also it makes me wonder if the decrease in the number of ties to ON would have a negative impact on the decision of granting a nomination. Any thoughts? Thanks
I believe you have already explained about your ties to ON on your LOE. IMO, you may wait until OINP requests you to send additional documents as this wouldn't have any negative impact on your application. Don't worry buddy and you already have mentioned about your strongest ties on your application such as you and your brother being physically present in ON. This is just my personal opinion and you can definitely listen to what our senior members say.

Good luck, buddy.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It was fun reading the rants about agents on a Sunday morning here... :)

To add on, for express entry I dont think agents are needed, its quite a simple process getting even simpler... At the end of last year even I was on the verge of hiring an agent, infact if he had given me the price I was looking for, i would have taken his services :) Thank God he said take it or leave it, or he didnt follow up ? i dont remember... whatever

to hire an agent or not is a personal choice, as everyone suggested, just hire a good IRCC approved agent... and no - i dont mean y-axis, they are the worst... in my experience usually the larger organisation agents are the worst, they will literally tell you anything you need to hear just to get money in their pockets, then forget about you... i told this idiot friend of mine not to use their services and believe wahtever they say, but did he listen to me ?? noooooooooo....

the guy had a **** IELTS report, like CLB 7 or something, agent put his profile in EE and his points are 330 something, and the agent told him he is in the pool and for now just wait and watch... I was like dude - for 330, you wont get picked even if you are the popes son...

to him, i'm like the dream breaker... but I just showed him the truth, he didnt want to see it coz he had his eyes blinded by the story the agent showed him... settle in canada within 1 year, earn in dollars... all that jazz... i told the guy listen - the only way to improve the score is to write IELTS again, improve score, or get his wife to be primary applicant as she is 4 years younger... dont think they guy was ready to listen - for him I will always be the dream breaker lol...

i cant remember if he has talked to me since, probably not... but hey - his loss not mine :p

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
ranting or using insulting or filthy language or giving personal remarks will not demolish the Agent system. It can just give sadistic pleasure to some. So enjoy it ;D ;D ;D

averma

Aug 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2016
Doc's Request.
10-11-2016
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-08-2016
bestofluck said:
ranting or using insulting or filthy language or giving personal remarks will not demolish the Agent system. It can just give sadistic pleasure to some. So enjoy it ;D ;D ;D
I agree insulting someone will not demolish the agent system. However I also feel hiring a agent without knowing the ground realities of your case will always result in wasting money. If the guy had known that below 450 there are no chances of direct ITA then he might have created the profile on his own and saved money. Hiring a agent did not push his CRS score beyond 330.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
averma said:
I agree insulting someone will not demolish the agent system. However I also feel hiring a agent without knowing the ground realities of your case will always result in wasting money. If the guy had known that below 450 there are no chances of direct ITA then he might have created the profile on his own and saved money. Hiring a agent did not push his CRS score beyond 330.
I agree. It is always advised to know the Immigration Agents and their history and Authorization before contacting or taking their services. ;D ;D ;D

Dealucis

Jul 13, 2016
thestunner316 said:
It was fun reading the rants about agents on a Sunday morning here... :)

To add on, for express entry I dont think agents are needed, its quite a simple process getting even simpler... At the end of last year even I was on the verge of hiring an agent, infact if he had given me the price I was looking for, i would have taken his services :) Thank God he said take it or leave it, or he didnt follow up ? i dont remember... whatever

to hire an agent or not is a personal choice, as everyone suggested, just hire a good IRCC approved agent... and no - i dont mean y-axis, they are the worst... in my experience usually the larger organisation agents are the worst, they will literally tell you anything you need to hear just to get money in their pockets, then forget about you... i told this idiot friend of mine not to use their services and believe wahtever they say, but did he listen to me ?? noooooooooo....

the guy had a **** IELTS report, like CLB 7 or something, agent put his profile in EE and his points are 330 something, and the agent told him he is in the pool and for now just wait and watch... I was like dude - for 330, you wont get picked even if you are the popes son...

to him, i'm like the dream breaker... but I just showed him the truth, he didnt want to see it coz he had his eyes blinded by the story the agent showed him... settle in canada within 1 year, earn in dollars... all that jazz... i told the guy listen - the only way to improve the score is to write IELTS again, improve score, or get his wife to be primary applicant as she is 4 years younger... dont think they guy was ready to listen - for him I will always be the dream breaker lol...

i cant remember if he has talked to me since, probably not... but hey - his loss not mine :p
I agree with this. Like many, I was considering the use of a migration agent to get my application through. I've even been given the hard-sell pitch by one of the agencies, using all sorts of laughable tactics.

Luckily for me, I wanted to know if it's worthwhile investing a decent sum of cash to have access to an agent so I decided to look up the EE process myself. Took me less than half an hour to understand the entire process, and another day or so of reading this forum to fully grasps the do's and don'ts during the application stage, which helped me tremendously. If any, I should be putting down my money towards some of the peeps in this forum! hahaha.

With that said, that doesn't mean migration agents are completely useless. If the sum they charge is just spare change to you, then by all means, go for it. ;D

aoamber

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-09-2017
File Transfer...
29-11-17
Med's Request
upfront
I had both good and bad experience with agents. Once I had to deal with Russian company while applying student visa to Australia. It turned out that they did many spelling mistakes in my name (3! How is it even possible), while sending it to Australian embassy in UK. Also they made me to give them a lot of documents, which actually weren't relevant and not in required list at all. I was arguing about it with their stupid boss, but she just shut me down, saying they know better. Later, in visa decline letter, case officer point out that I sent 'a vast number of documents', which she had to assess. She wrote that in tone, that I could make out she was annoyed with this. And this actually could also be one of reasons she was so eager to reject my case. However, it taught me one this. Check documents personally before they are sent. And never send additional documents unless case officer don't tell you though. It really pisses them off.

amanaapj2000

Sep 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
01-02-2017
Med's Done....
02-03-2017
Anyone got any reply for 2nd phase..I have sent my DD on 27nd August

aoamber

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-09-2017
File Transfer...
29-11-17
Med's Request
upfront
I also sent mine and OINP received it, but it is weekend so far.

Mallikaasharmaa

Feb 13, 2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2017
Friends :)

I have decided that I am gonna limit my participation on
the forum as I have a TEF exam coming up very soon and as
a consequence to that I won't be able to go through all the
messages and update the list regularly.

Is there any one of you kind people who would be happy to
take this fun and exciting task?

I'll be really grateful to the volunteer.....

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Friends:

Has any applicant received the acknowledgement from OINP, that they received the duplicate report.

How long WES takes to refund?