30-11-2016
Nomination.....
17-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-02-2017
Med's Done....
23-01-2017
SFKAS said:
That's interesting that they have already got to March applicants.

What's your officer's initials?

Do you know why they might have got to your file so early?
I'm not sure if the officer might have changed. The very first e-mail I got, the AOR, had the initials T-ED on the subject line. The second one was actually a very late reply to an enquiry I sent in March. On the same e-mail, the person replied to my question and also requested a few additional documents. His name was Christopher Luke. The e-mail I got today had no indication of who the officer was. The subject line is "XHSW 1605xxx NB Information Request". So, who knows...

I have no idea why They might have gotten to my file a bit early. Perhaps the reply to my email, followed by the additional docs I sent them? I honestly don't know if that's a good or a bad thing. My negative side keeps thinking they are just looking for an excuse to get rid of my file :-\ ...

maribui

Star Member
Aug 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2016
Doc's Request.
30-11-2016
Nomination.....
17-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-02-2017
Med's Done....
23-01-2017
Senior members, I need your opinion, please...

On the email I received yesterday, OINP inquired the following:

"Please confirm the appropriate NOC. The NOC selected on your MyCIC should match the selected NOC in your application. Should you select a new NOC, please submit confirmation that you have updated your MyCIC profile accordingly."

I have experience under two NOCs (0124 and 0631). My experience under NOC 0124 reaches 11 months and 22 days, if you count only five years before PT. I did state on my application that this was the NOC I'd like to pursue a career in, to match my relevant experience on the past 10 years, as well as my formal education.

My other experience (0631) is my current job. I had accumulated experience of 2 years and 4 months when I got PT notification. However, I failed to add this experience on my EE profile. God knows why, I guess I was so focused on my other relevant experience of 4+ years, that I forgot to mention it at the time.

My question is: do you think OINP is just asking me to update my EE profile to match the experience on OINP application? Or, do I need to change the NOC I wish to be assessed under? I'm affraid to give them the wrong answer and jeopardise my chances of nomination.

Sorry for the long post!

dark_matter

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
maribui said:
My question is: do you think OINP is just asking me to update my EE profile to match the experience on OINP application? Or, do I need to change the NOC I wish to be assessed under? I'm affraid to give them the wrong answer and jeopardise my chances of nomination.

Sorry for the long post!
So, what I gather from your post is that In EE profile you have only mentioned 0124 NOC. But the application you have sent to OINP included both the experiences? right?

If that is the case, OINP is making a fair point. You need to add the details of your experience under 0631 to you EE profile.
I don't think it should create any serious trouble. They are giving you a chance to change it...

Let's see what others have to suggest ......

dark_matter

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
@ maribui

I am just thinking out loud here..

If your experience with 0124 is less than 1 year then you shouldn't be using that to be assessed against. You might have to choose 0631..

dark_matter

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
This is from OINP application guide -

If you choose to be assessed against the FSWP criteria, OINP requires that you have a minimum of one year of continuous and full-time employment (1,560 hours or more) or an equal amount in continuous part-time paid work experience in a National Occupation Classification (NOC) level 0, A, or B occupation in the past five years from the date of the PT Notification of Interest from Ontario. The one year minimum of continuous and full-time (or equivalent continuous parttime) employment must have been completed in one specific NOC occupation.

maribui

Star Member
Aug 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2016
Doc's Request.
30-11-2016
Nomination.....
17-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-02-2017
Med's Done....
23-01-2017
dark_matter said:
This is from OINP application guide -

If you choose to be assessed against the FSWP criteria, OINP requires that you have a minimum of one year of continuous and full-time employment (1,560 hours or more) or an equal amount in continuous part-time paid work experience in a National Occupation Classification (NOC) level 0, A, or B occupation in the past five years from the date of the PT Notification of Interest from Ontario. The one year minimum of continuous and full-time (or equivalent continuous parttime) employment must have been completed in one specific NOC occupation.
Hi there, thank you for your reply. Yes, I believe you are right. I guess I got confused at the time and thought, since I had ways of proving the required experience (under NOC 0631), I could still choose to work on the field I had most experience in, overall. I just added my current experience to my EE profile. I'm thinking about writing back to them, saying I have updated my profile to include my current experience, and that I'm willing and able to work in either one of the two NOCs. Do you think this is too "on the fence"?

dark_matter

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
maribui said:
Hi there, thank you for your reply. Yes, I believe you are right. I guess I got confused at the time and thought, since I had ways of proving the required experience (under NOC 0631), I could still choose to work on the field I had most experience in, overall. I just added my current experience to my EE profile. I'm thinking about writing back to them, saying I have updated my profile to include my current experience, and that I'm willing and able to work in either one of the two NOCs. Do you think this is too "on the fence"?
Yes.. I think they are giving you a chance to make the changes.
Don't worry much about and just make the desired changed and write a LOE or maybe when you are sending your documents write it in the email explaining the situation in the clear and precise manner.

Good luck, hope you get your nomination soon!

dark_matter

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
maribui said:
Do you think this is too "on the fence"?
I don't think that should matter. Many people have used two and more NOCs.
I haven't, so I don't now how that works. But seems like what you are doing should work...

Let's see what others suggest too.

maribui

Star Member
Aug 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2016
Doc's Request.
30-11-2016
Nomination.....
17-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-02-2017
Med's Done....
23-01-2017
dark_matter said:
Yes.. I think they are giving you a chance to make the changes.
Don't worry much about and just make the desired changed and write a LOE or maybe when you are sending your documents write it in the email explaining the situation in the clear and precise manner.

Good luck, hope you get your nomination soon!
Thanks again, plus 1 for the willingness to respond and assist others!

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
maribui said:
Senior members, I need your opinion, please...

On the email I received yesterday, OINP inquired the following:

"Please confirm the appropriate NOC. The NOC selected on your MyCIC should match the selected NOC in your application. Should you select a new NOC, please submit confirmation that you have updated your MyCIC profile accordingly."

I have experience under two NOCs (0124 and 0631). My experience under NOC 0124 reaches 11 months and 22 days, if you count only five years before PT. I did state on my application that this was the NOC I'd like to pursue a career in, to match my relevant experience on the past 10 years, as well as my formal education.

My other experience (0631) is my current job. I had accumulated experience of 2 years and 4 months when I got PT notification. However, I failed to add this experience on my EE profile. God knows why, I guess I was so focused on my other relevant experience of 4+ years, that I forgot to mention it at the time.

Sorry for the long post!
Hello again Maribui!

Although they ask you for you last 10 years of experience they only really care about the last 5 years (that seems to be the consensus in the forum) and of which you need to have at least 1 full year of experience in you NOC in those last 5 years.

If I were you I'd follow dark_matter's advice and add the NOC that is missing to your MyCIC profile. Also write a LoE explaining that although your most recent experience is with NOC 0631, when you consider the last 10 years you actually have more experience with 0124 and you'd like to follow that when you move to Ontario, but you're willing to go with 0631 if that what you can get... I would just be extra careful to make sure the officer understands that you're capable of doing both, because if he understands that you only interested in 0124 he may decide to cross out the 0631 experience you have and then you could be rejected because you don't have 1 full year of exp within the last 5 years when considering just 0124...

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
vensak said:
It is just my opinion, but I think so from what I see is happening:
1. Ontario does preferential queue depending if you are inland or outland and CEC or FSW (at least so far we know). Yes it is their right to do, but then they should not have stated something else. (then again they never claimed this properly in their website).
2. What was officially claimed (also a bit older date) is the commitment of 90 days (from getting AOR apparently).
3. What was happening is that Ontario was sending out AOR way way too late, even if they had capacities to do that a bit faster (currently they do send out AOR to the French stream within 3 to 4 weeks after recieving all documents and they are still occupied with that big batch of candiadates from this year).
4. At the end of the day Ontario will wanna have some nice statistics saying how their reach their 90 days plan for most of the applicants (the little detail that it took another 120 days just to get AOR is not important).

So judging on all these, I think that they will finish the AOR July and August somewhere December and January. and somewhere in around that time, they will request for new batch of applicants by reopening their stream.

But this is just my opinion, so do not take it as any official statement.
1. The only priority is for CEC with expiring WP, everything else (NOCs, CEC vs FSW, etc.) is just speculation... what you do find is that CEC are generally processed faster (probably a simpler process) and that's why if you look on the Jan thread you'll see many more CEC nominated than FSW - but what we are told by OINP is that it's a first come first served basis.
2. If you look on page 28 of the application guide it says "OINP aims to complete assessment of nominee applications within 90 calendar days of receipt of a complete application."
3. Various theories about this, my preferred one is that they lowered the CRS cut off from 415 to 400 this year to issue PTs and were overwhelmed with applications.
4. Ditto point 2...

dark_matter

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
g126 said:
Hello again Maribui!

Although they ask you for you last 10 years of experience they only really care about the last 5 years (that seems to be the consensus in the forum) and of which you need to have at least 1 full year of experience in you NOC in those last 5 years.

If I were you I'd follow dark_matter's advice and add the NOC that is missing to your MyCIC profile. Also write a LoE explaining that although your most recent experience is with NOC 0631, when you consider the last 10 years you actually have more experience with 0124 and you'd like to follow that when you move to Ontario, but you're willing to go with 0631 if that what you can get... I would just be extra careful to make sure the officer understands that you're capable of doing both, because if he understands that you only interested in 0124 he may decide to cross out the 0631 experience you have and then you could be rejected because you don't have 1 full year of exp within the last 5 years when considering just 0124...
Good suggestion....

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
Guys,

This is the progress thus far:

NOV - 60/76 - effectively done, the most recent updates are regarding PFL's which has really damped the mood in that thread :-(
DEC - 77/121 - mostly done, just 36% to go and Dec will be done...
JAN - 29/175 - going on steady and they have started on FSW candidates, TicTocCroc was the first Jan FSW candidate and nomidated this week!
FEB - 8/127 - Just a few CEC with exp WP NoM
MAR - 1/63 - Just one CEC with exp WP NoM

I think DEC will be done soon and then they'll focus on JAN which is the biggest group! If they get JAN done by the end of this month then I still think there is a good chance of FEB and MAR people getting nominated by X-MAS ;D

Evaii

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
Med's Done....
05-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2017
g126 said:
Guys,

This is the progress thus far:

NOV - 60/76 - effectively done, the most recent updates are regarding PFL's which has really damped the mood in that thread :-(
DEC - 77/121 - mostly done, just 36% to go and Dec will be done...
JAN - 29/175 - going on steady and they have started on FSW candidates, TicTocCroc was the first Jan FSW candidate and nomidated this week!
FEB - 8/127 - Just a few CEC with exp WP NoM
MAR - 1/63 - Just one CEC with exp WP NoM

I think DEC will be done soon and then they'll focus on JAN which is the biggest group! If they get JAN done by the end of this month then I still think there is a good chance of FEB and MAR people getting nominated by X-MAS ;D
Thank you for sharing, can you send a link of this info?