+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Application rejected

Shreen556

Jun 17, 2021
Hi all,
I have received NOI 12 April 2021 for Ontario pnp through Express Entry. I have submitted my application on 6th of may 2021. Yesterday I got a email saying it was rejected and they have refunded the fee I paid to OINP. The error as mentioned in the email was,

- Education – Foreign Degree (ECA Authorization): WES
- Settlement Funds

Have someone experienced the same? I thought they give a notice period to submit the missing documents before cancelling the application. I'm an outland applicant.
Any help regarding this is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So you didn’t submit ECAs or settlement funds with your application? You have 30 days to submit, do you not?

Alos you have to ask for an extension…
You may request an extension of your nomination certificate if you applied to IRCC but your application for permanent residence was returned due to being incomplete, or you were delayed in gathering supporting documents (for example, police criminal record check) for your application for permanent residence.

Only requests that comply with the above requirements will be granted.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
From OINP website:

April 13, 2021
Changes to completeness check procedure for OINP applications

The OINP has introduced changes to the processing of applications submitted under the Express Entry and Expression of Interest (once launched) streams at intake. Effective April 13, 2021, the OINP will return and refund applications that are deemed incomplete.

Applicants are expected to submit a complete application that complies with program criteria at the time of application submission.

If your application is deemed incomplete, you will need to receive a new invitation to apply or notification of interest before submitting a new application.

The OINP expects this change to result in higher quality applications and improved processing times for all streams.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/2021-ontario-immigrant-nominee-program-updates#section-2

Shreen556

Jun 17, 2021
I have submitted ECA and settlement funds. Maybe WES didn't send my ECA report to Ontario nominee program. For settlements, I have given an asset statement.
Can I ask for an extension from OINP? I haven't apply for pr, my oinp
So you didn’t submit ECAs or settlement funds with your application? You have 30 days to submit, do you not?

Alos you have to ask for an extension…
You may request an extension of your nomination certificate if you applied to IRCC but your application for permanent residence was returned due to being incomplete, or you were delayed in gathering supporting documents (for example, police criminal record check) for your application for permanent residence.

Only requests that comply with the above requirements will be granted.
Thank you for the reply. I have submitted ECA and settlement funds. Maybe WES didn't send my ECA report to Ontario nominee program. For settlements, I have given an asset statement.
I guess I need to wait for a NOI to apply again.

Shreen556

Jun 17, 2021
From OINP website:

April 13, 2021
Changes to completeness check procedure for OINP applications

The OINP has introduced changes to the processing of applications submitted under the Express Entry and Expression of Interest (once launched) streams at intake. Effective April 13, 2021, the OINP will return and refund applications that are deemed incomplete.

Applicants are expected to submit a complete application that complies with program criteria at the time of application submission.

If your application is deemed incomplete, you will need to receive a new invitation to apply or notification of interest before submitting a new application.

The OINP expects this change to result in higher quality applications and improved processing times for all streams.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/2021-ontario-immigrant-nominee-program-updates#section-2
Oh! okay. So I have to wait for another NOI to apply again. Thanks for the reply.

Shreen556

Jun 17, 2021
So I have done something wrong in settlement funds and ECA sections. Can someone guide me how to add the settlement funds? Should it be in cash/the CAD amount I need to show?
I have contacted WES to share my report with ontario, but didn't get a reply from them. Do they usually reply? Or how can I make sure they have shared it?

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
So I have done something wrong in settlement funds and ECA sections. Can someone guide me how to add the settlement funds? Should it be in cash/the CAD amount I need to show?
I have contacted WES to share my report with ontario, but didn't get a reply from them. Do they usually reply? Or how can I make sure they have shared it?
Looks like you have made some big missteps, below link has all the information you need:

https://www.ontario.ca/document/oinp-document-checklists/ontarios-express-entry-human-capital-priorities-stream-applicant-checklist

For WES, you need to pay 40CAD and add OINP as a new recipient from your WES account to share your ECA report with them.

Shreen556

Jun 17, 2021

mrsamcan

Star Member
Jun 16, 2019
Yeah I didn't know about that :( I will do that in my next application, hopefully. Thanks a lot. :)
That was unfortunate. Are you April 13 NOI? Are you not in any whatsapp groups? Did someone verify your submission?

Same profile will get NOI again? Confirm if new profile needs to be created. @seadrag0n what do you think?

Shreen556

Jun 17, 2021
That was unfortunate. Are you April 13 NOI? Are you not in any whatsapp groups? Did someone verify your submission?

Same profile will get NOI again? Confirm if new profile needs to be created. @seadrag0n what do you think?
Yeah it's 13 April NOI. I'm not in any whatsapp groups. Someone reviewed my profile, maybe he missed that.

So now my profile is in the pool again, can I get an invitation from the same province? (does it somehow show that it was rejected?) What are my chances? My job code is 2173.

Last edited:

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018

Correct, NOI will not be received again on the same EE profile, will need to create a new one.

Reactions: mrsamcan

Shreen556

Jun 17, 2021
Oh okay.. I will create a new profile then. Thanks for the information. Does this mean that my old one is not active? Since it's in the pool, is it open to other provinces invitations?

mrsamcan

Star Member
Jun 16, 2019
Oh okay.. I will create a new profile then. Thanks for the information. Does this mean that my old one is not active? Since it's in the pool, is it open to other provinces invitations?
You can only have one profile at hence. You have to withdraw old. Do it fast as tech draw is due for OINP

Yeah it's 13 April NOI. I'm not in any whatsapp groups. Someone reviewed my profile, maybe he missed that
You mean you used agent and he missed it? ECA and settlement fund is basic. It is also clearly mentioned on oinp doc checklist.

Shreen556

Jun 17, 2021
You can only have one profile at hence. You have to withdraw old. Do it fast as tech draw is due for OINP

You mean you used agent and he missed it? ECA and settlement fund is basic. It is also clearly mentioned on oinp doc checklist.
Do you know any date? like in 3 or 4 days?
Yes.. he missed it. The values he entered may be not correct. I contacted him and he said he'll create a new profile by monday. If I create one, will it be a problem?

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
I have submitted ECA and settlement funds. Maybe WES didn't send my ECA report to Ontario nominee program. For settlements, I have given an asset statement.
Can I ask for an extension from OINP? I haven't apply for pr, my oinp

Thank you for the reply. I have submitted ECA and settlement funds. Maybe WES didn't send my ECA report to Ontario nominee program. For settlements, I have given an asset statement.
I guess I need to wait for a NOI to apply again.
"I have given an asset statement" - This might not be the right way to show proof of funds.
I am a FSW applicant but am sure it works for other programs as well:
- Assets(property/jewellery etc) are not considered as valid statement proof.
- The required amount should be available to you either as cash or Fixed deposits (if in India) at all point of time until you land in Canada.
Might want to talk to your consultant or search in the forum on how to showcase proof of funds.