choip

Mar 14, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
07-04-2017
thehermitz said:
First of all, applications is assessed by different officers. The status is manually changed by them, so the timeline will not be uniformly arranged for sure.

If there is some criteria, it will definitely not be the english score. Should they care if you got a 7.0 or 7.5? Basically, government is more interested in your occupation in future or major of your master degree. They need human capital with some specialty, not some one can speak better English than others.

Anyway, good luck~
If English score does not matter for immigration purpose, why is language score included in comprehensive ranking system (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp)?

natik

Feb 15, 2017
@Choip, Obviously, English matters for immigration purpose, but there is another point. CRS is designed to calculate a score for those who are going to immigrate under other programs where competition (ranking) is a crucial part of the immigration process. As for the OINP MA/PhD program, there are significantly different criteria, and that is why this program is so popular, as far as some other provincial programs. Anyway, I believe the IELTS score is not a pivotal point in terms of the order of evaluation.
Good luck with your application!

Genesis76

Star Member
Jan 26, 2016
London (Ontario)
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
Nomination.....
12-10-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
IELTS Request
No need
Med's Request
28-02-2018
Med's Done....
09-03-2018
malipersepolis said:
Hi everyone,

I applied under PhD stream on Feb 24th. The status changed from submitted to assessment and then decision in progress. It is now still decision in progress for 8 days.

I have a question for the next step. When you are nominated by Ontario and want to apply for federal, do those who applied under PhD stream need to submit a language test score? Because as you know, once applying for PNP, you do not need to send a language test score if you have finished a PhD in Ontario.
Hi malipersepolis. I applied to federal 1 month and 1 week ago (PhD stream, provincial nominee). I did not include my IELTS after asking to some lawyers at Department of Law.

Mar 18, 2017
Genesis76 said:
Hi malipersepolis. I applied to federal 1 month and 1 week ago (PhD stream, provincial nominee). I did not include my IELTS after asking to some lawyers at Department of Law.
Thank Genesis76 for the reply. Is your application in process now? Could you contact a CIC agent to get their confirmation before sending your application?

choip

Mar 14, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
07-04-2017
natik said:
@Choip, Obviously, English matters for immigration purpose, but there is another point. CRS is designed to calculate a score for those who are going to immigrate under other programs where competition (ranking) is a crucial part of the immigration process. As for the OINP MA/PhD program, there are significantly different criteria, and that is why this program is so popular, as far as some other provincial programs. Anyway, I believe the IELTS score is not a pivotal point in terms of the order of evaluation.
Good luck with your application!
Yes, I understand the streams are different, but I am trying to identify a pattern based on who get into assessment stage earlier and who do not. I doubt the officers assess applicants' applications in a random order. It looks like the officers will give out the final result to a bunch of applicants together though

MathToStat

Jan 13, 2017
I agree that decisions will be made in batch. Because some applicants submitted on the beginning of March, probably the results will be released early next month.

choip said:
Yes, I understand the streams are different, but I am trying to identify a pattern based on who get into assessment stage earlier and who do not. I doubt the officers assess applicants' applications in a random order. It looks like the officers will give out the final result to a bunch of applicants together though

choip

Mar 14, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
07-04-2017
MathToStat said:
I agree that decisions will be made in batch. Because some applicants submitted on the beginning of March, probably the results will be released early next month.
Why is that though? To put everyone at the same line again?

nostartnoend

Feb 23, 2017
I submitted on Feb 28th, status changed to Assessment 2 weeks ago and on March 23rd it changed to Decision in Progress
I doubt it's ranked based on IELTS score because my friend who submitted one day after me who had 6666 in IELTS has almost the same timeline as me (8877). Her status also just changed to Decision in Progress today.

choip

Mar 14, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
07-04-2017
nostartnoend said:
I submitted on Feb 28th, status changed to Assessment 2 weeks ago and on March 23rd it changed to Decision in Progress
I doubt it's ranked based on IELTS score because my friend who submitted one day after me who had 6666 in IELTS has almost the same timeline as me (8877). Her status also just changed to Decision in Progress today.
I guess it could be in a random order and everyone is reaching "decision in progress" now. Is there anyone whoes status is not "decision in progress"?

Joseph.W

May 20, 2016
well, I believe they are basically evaluating all the cases by the submission date but there can be some situation where you submitted your case super early but still in the stage "submitted" or "assessment".
For most of the candidates, they are either in "assessment" or "decision in progress" status if the application was submitted before March.

joyliu134

Feb 23, 2017
choip said:
I guess it could be in a random order and everyone is reaching "decision in progress" now. Is there anyone whoes status is not "decision in progress"?
I submitted on Feb 28. but my status is still "assessment"

moniquemy

Mar 23, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I submitted on 2.21. It became "assessment" two weeks after. And after one more week, it became "Decision in Progress". Now it has been "Decision in Progress" for two weeks. So what i think is, "assessment" is just for making sure all the documents are valid/complete, "Decision in Progress" is when they actually start evaluating. It might still need to take a while. :'(