+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP 2017 Masters and PHD Stream ONLY!!-----> JOIN HERE

arunkumarsachin

Star Member
Dec 16, 2014
I have submitted it on 10th March and still the status shows as submitted. I am wondering how long it will take to change the status.

choip

Mar 14, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
07-04-2017
MathToStat said:
Yes this status has been for one week already...
I think we are about the same. I have been at the stage of decision in progress since March 10.

choip

Mar 14, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
07-04-2017
arunkumarsachin said:
I have submitted it on 10th March and still the status shows as submitted. I am wondering how long it will take to change the status.
I think it depends on your age, level of education and language test score.

hassan.arif

Star Member
Aug 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
File Transfer...
19-05-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2015
LANDED..........
04-09-2015
My status is also changes to assessment, i applied on 28th Feb.

natik

Feb 15, 2017
choip said:
I think it depends on your age, level of education and language test score.
Last year I had a talk with the OINP representatives, and they told that regarding the MA/PhD streams, there is no competition in terms of age, language score etc. That means that if an applicant is eligible, meats all requirements and has all documents prepared properly, he/she will pass. Hopefully, it's true.

choip

Mar 14, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
07-04-2017
natik said:
Last year I had a talk with the OINP representatives, and they told that regarding the MA/PhD streams, there is no competition in terms of age, language score etc. That means that if an applicant is eligible, meats all requirements and has all documents prepared properly, he/she will pass. Hopefully, it's true.
Based on the applicants' changing of status this year, it looks like the applicants with higher language test scores are being assessed earlier than others. @Matt, how much did you get on IELTS?

Mar 18, 2017
Hi everyone,

I applied under PhD stream on Feb 24th. The status changed from submitted to assessment and then decision in progress. It is now still decision in progress for 8 days.

I have a question for the next step. When you are nominated by Ontario and want to apply for federal, do those who applied under PhD stream need to submit a language test score? Because as you know, once applying for PNP, you do not need to send a language test score if you have finished a PhD in Ontario.

newbutterfly

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Inland
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
choip said:
Based on the applicants' changing of status this year, it looks like the applicants with higher language test scores are being assessed earlier than others. @Matt, how much did you get on IELTS?
I dont think they will assess those with higher language tests first. This will be time consuming on their part as they will have to go through each file to determine those with high language scores. I highly doubt this is the case as it is against logical reasoning.

choip

Mar 14, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
07-04-2017
newbutterfly said:
I dont think they will assess those with higher language tests first. This will be time consuming on their part as they will have to go through each file to determine those with high language scores. I highly doubt this is the case as it is against logical reasoning.
Hi,
No, this time, all applicants were requested to enter their language test scores into the form, including each subscores. Therefore, no one has to mannually go through everyone's profile. Their computer system can easily rank applicants in a descending order.

newbutterfly

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Inland
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
choip said:
Hi,
No, this time, all applicants were requested to enter their language test scores into the form, including each subscores. Therefore, no one has to mannually go through everyone's profile. Their computer system can easily rank applicants in a descending order.

You have a point, but I doubt it. My thoughts were that PHD applications would be processed first.

choip

Mar 14, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
07-04-2017
newbutterfly said:
You have a point, but I doubt it. My thoughts were that PHD applications would be processed first.
Well, if we think about it. The system is smart enough to rank everyone according to age, level of education and language test score. In this sense, an applicant with a PhD degree will be ranked higher than an applicant with a Master's degree, which is natural. The same logic applies to language test score. I do not think one of the three outranks another. It is likely for each applicant to get a score based on all three of the features. Given that the online system is launched this year and there are more applicants than expected, I would not be surprised if applicants are ranked. Are you a PhD graduate? Would you mind to share your age and language test score?

natik

Feb 15, 2017
@Choip, I agree with you that the system can rank everybody by many criteria, but why does it need to do? There is no competition, roughly speaking. OINP didn't accept applicants more than their quota. They have only those MAs and PhDs who managed to apply before the quota was reached. It's just simpler for OINP to assess the applications by, for example, first come/first serve criterion or so. Obviously, it has to be adjusted according to the OINP internal workflow. Some officers work faster than others, etc. And I also have some concerns about "the smartness" of the system recalling how extremely hard it was to apply :)

choip

Mar 14, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
07-04-2017
natik said:
@Choip, I agree with you that the system can rank everybody by many criteria, but why does it need to do? There is no competition, roughly speaking. OINP didn't accept applicants more than their quota. They have only those MAs and PhDs who managed to apply before the quota was reached. It's just simpler for OINP to assess the applications by, for example, first come/first serve criterion or so. Obviously, it has to be adjusted according to the OINP internal workflow. Some officers work faster than others, etc. And I also have some concerns about "the smartness" of the system recalling how extremely hard it was to apply :)
It's my best guess based on the situation. How would you explain that an applicant who submitted an application on Feb 22 has not got into the "assessment" stage, but another applicant who submitted an application on Feb 28 got into the "assessment" stage?

thehermitz

Nov 6, 2016
First of all, applications is assessed by different officers. The status is manually changed by them, so the timeline will not be uniformly arranged for sure.

If there is some criteria, it will definitely not be the english score. Should they care if you got a 7.0 or 7.5? Basically, government is more interested in your occupation in future or major of your master degree. They need human capital with some specialty, not some one can speak better English than others.

Anyway, good luck~