+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OHIP renewal while PR application is in the process and in implied status

sethtammy

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Hi guys,

My current WP will be expired in the end of October and my OHIP card will be expired in the same time as my current WP. My PR application will pass over the time of 6 months on Octorber 2nd, then I plan to apply BOWP after this date so that I am able to keep working under the implied status. I'm CEC inland.

My question is that am I able to renew my OHIP while my PR application is in the process?

The website of Ontario says that a letter from IRCC is needed to renew OHIP for those who are applicants for PR (https://www.ontario.ca/page/documents-needed-get-health-card). Is it AoR, right?

Anyone who is on the same boat, gets your OHIP renewal successfully, please share your experience. Many thanks.

AshlynJ

Mar 11, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
Med's Done....
02-04-2019
Passport Req..
02-07-2019
VISA ISSUED...
16-07-2019
LANDED..........
12-10-2019
Im not sure if it's aor. Because you need to prove that your application has not been rejected.
Or is there a way you ask for a certain type of letter which shows you are a pr applicant?

csadangi

Jul 1, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-07-2019
Doc's Request.
Additional documents submitted upfront on 16-08-19
AOR Received.
17-07-2019
IELTS Request
Jan-2019
Med's Done....
16-08-2019
Hi guys,

My current WP will be expired in the end of October and my OHIP card will be expired in the same time as my current WP. My PR application will pass over the time of 6 months on Octorber 2nd, then I plan to apply BOWP after this date so that I am able to keep working under the implied status. I'm CEC inland.

My question is that am I able to renew my OHIP while my PR application is in the process?

The website of Ontario says that a letter from IRCC is needed to renew OHIP for those who are applicants for PR (https://www.ontario.ca/page/documents-needed-get-health-card). Is it AoR, right?

Anyone who is on the same boat, gets your OHIP renewal successfully, please share your experience. Many thanks.
Unfortunately no, I went to Service Ontario and had a discussion about it. They said that we cannot verify that if your application will be approved or not. It's just an AOR stating that you applied. So, you need a valid status to renew your OHIP. I took a private insurance just in case of emergency.

sethtammy

Star Member
May 16, 2019
I got rejected to renew my OHIP last Friday. AoR doesn't help anything. ServiceOntario recommended me to wait until I can get PR card and come back to renew OHIP later. But I know one person who got his OHIP renewed after he got his BOWP already while waiting for his PR application approved. It makes sense!

Reactions: AshlynJ

LordStanley

Jan 21, 2020
Category........
CEC
Unfortunately no, I went to Service Ontario and had a discussion about it. They said that we cannot verify that if your application will be approved or not. It's just an AOR stating that you applied. So, you need a valid status to renew your OHIP. I took a private insurance just in case of emergency.
Hi, which private insurance did you take?