+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OHIP Query : Canadian PR married to a US Citizen

JagSD11

Jan 11, 2020
Hello,

I am a Canadian PR who recently got married to a US Citizen. My wife is living with me now and I want her to be covered under OHIP. What are the procedures?
We have a marriage certificate issued by a US Court.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

I am a Canadian PR who recently got married to a US Citizen. My wife is living with me now and I want her to be covered under OHIP. What are the procedures?
How did you get your Canadian PR?

if your spouse is currently in Canada they qualify for covid medical services at the moment.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

Be married to you doesn't entitle her to OHIP. If you apply for inland sponsorship and an OWP, she can apply for OHIP once she has a full-time job that will last at least 6 months.

Reactions: JagSD11

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Be married to you doesn't entitle her to OHIP. If you apply for inland sponsorship and an OWP, she can apply for OHIP once she has a full-time job that will last at least 6 months.
I wonder if OP got her 1st PR through spousal sponsorship. Just realized maybe two people are using the account.