+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OHIP- Landing while pregnant

2019canadapr

Jun 27, 2019
Hi,
My husband and myself plan to land in the first week of October 2019. I will be around 5 months pregnant then. Will I be eligible to get OHIP on the day of landing since i'm pregnant or does the 3 month wait apply to me as well. Also does anyone have a fair idea as to if I will be referred to an OB immediately or do I have to wait for a couple of months to have my monthly ultrasounds. Any information on this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
Hi,
My husband and myself plan to land in the first week of October 2019. I will be around 5 months pregnant then. Will I be eligible to get OHIP on the day of landing since i'm pregnant or does the 3 month wait apply to me as well. Also does anyone have a fair idea as to if I will be referred to an OB immediately or do I have to wait for a couple of months to have my monthly ultrasounds. Any information on this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
You will definitely have the waiting period of 90 days if you are landing in Ontario. So you should cover yourself with a private insurance.

You may be referred for Ultrasound but you may have to pay for it during the 90 day period and it may be covered based on the insurance you take during that period.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

Thanks
Being pregnant doesn't exempt you from the OHIP waiting period. You will be required to pay any costs before you have coverage. No insurance will cover those costs.

You may want to consider landing sooner. If you end up giving birth before you get coverage, the costs can skyrocket.

Reactions: YVR123

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Also Canada doesn’t have monthly ultrasounds unless there is something wrong with your pregnancy. You get 1-2 ultrasounds during your whole pregnancy usually.

Reactions: YVR123