+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OHIP heath card for oversea born Canadian

forcavisa

Jul 3, 2011
Hope someone can help me:

My baby was born in China and we have applied certificate of citizenship, however, i called CIC many times, and it might take more than 18 month to process.

my baby girl now is getting a temporary canadian passport to travel to Toronto as I am canadian and she is granted to be a canadian.

My question is can we use this temporary two years valid passport to apply her OHIP card? do i need to provide other documents when apply? is there a 90 days waiting period?

Appreciate your help
Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

forcavisa said:
Hope someone can help me:

My baby was born in China and we have applied certificate of citizenship, however, i called CIC many times, and it might take more than 18 month to process.

my baby girl now is getting a temporary canadian passport to travel to Toronto as I am canadian and she is granted to be a canadian.

My question is can we use this temporary two years valid passport to apply her OHIP card? do i need to provide other documents when apply? is there a 90 days waiting period?

Appreciate your help
Thanks
1. Yes (with proof of residential address)
2. Yes, there is a 90 day waiting period.

forcavisa

Jul 3, 2011
PMM said:
Hi

1. Yes (with proof of residential address)
2. Yes, there is a 90 day waiting period.
Thank you very much PMM, since the passport is called limited validity passport, my concern is OHIP office will ask her citizenship certificate. do you think so? she is only 11 month old.
also, since my daughter only has her limited validity passport, how do i get the residential address proof.
Appreciate your help

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
forcavisa said:
Thank you very much PMM, since the passport is called limited validity passport, my concern is OHIP office will ask her citizenship certificate. do you think so? she is only 11 month old.
also, since my daughter only has her limited validity passport, how do i get the residential address proof.
Appreciate your help
OHIP need your residential address proof that confirm your family lives in Ontario. Read this website for list of examples:

http://www.settlement.org/sys/faqs_detail.asp?faq_id=4001246

forcavisa

Jul 3, 2011
steaky said:
OHIP need your residential address proof that confirm your family lives in Ontario. Read this website for list of examples:

http://www.settlement.org/sys/faqs_detail.asp?faq_id=4001246
Thank you Steaky, so which means I can use baby's limited validate passport as the first document
and my own driver license or other document for proving of address? am i correct?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
forcavisa said:
Thank you Steaky, so which means I can use baby's limited validate passport as the first document
and my own driver license or other document for proving of address? am i correct?
Yes, that is correct. Baby is too young to be living on her own yet so as long as the parents can prove an address, it should be ok.