+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OHIP For Child born in Canada

Ck_221

Oct 22, 2020
Hi, I have a question regarding the Health Card of Child born in Canada.we are in Canada on a Visitor visa and our baby was born here.we went to Ontario service centre to apply for child's health card but they said that one of the parent should have a SIN number in order to get a OHIP for baby. It's almost 10 months now and we were recently guided by someone that the child is born here we can apply for his Health Card.Is there any possibility or way to get OHIP for canadian born child as medical is very expensive here?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, I have a question regarding the Health Card of Child born in Canada.we are in Canada on a Visitor visa and our baby was born here.we went to Ontario service centre to apply for child's health card but they said that one of the parent should have a SIN number in order to get a OHIP for baby. It's almost 10 months now and we were recently guided by someone that the child is born here we can apply for his Health Card.Is there any possibility or way to get OHIP for canadian born child as medical is very expensive here?
Do you still have valid visitor status in Canada? After the government discovers the birth tourism they are unlikely to extend your visitor status and normal visitor stays are 6 months.

Ck_221

Oct 22, 2020
Do you still have valid visitor status in Canada? After the government discovers the birth tourism they are unlikely to extend your visitor status and normal visitor stays are 6 months.
We have applied for the extension and its in process.Our baby requires a Visa for my Country of origin and the embassy is issuing visas only to certain categories those who have a situation of emergency.

Ck_221

Oct 22, 2020

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We have applied for the extension and its in process.Our baby requires a Visa for my Country of origin and the embassy is issuing visas only to certain categories those who have a situation of emergency.
Unfortunateky that may not be a reason to get an extension.

Reactions: mashulia_26