+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OHIP application: Original Document for Employment

malacucu

Jul 9, 2021
Hello everyone,

I am planning to apply for OHIP on my PGWP that I just received last week. I have a offer letter from my company stating that I will be employed longer than 6 months. The only problem is this company is fully remote, and so my original offer letter is digital (pdf). Would a print-out of this letter be considered valid for OHIP ? If not, what should I do in this case to apply for OHIP ?

Thanks everyone :)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone,

I am planning to apply for OHIP on my PGWP that I just received last week. I have a offer letter from my company stating that I will be employed longer than 6 months. The only problem is this company is fully remote, and so my original offer letter is digital (pdf). Would a print-out of this letter be considered valid for OHIP ? If not, what should I do in this case to apply for OHIP ?

Thanks everyone :)
You need more than your offer letter since not everyone starts the job they have an offer from.. You should get a new letter stating that you are now employed by company A as X on a full-time basis of hrs/wk and that you there is either an end date of X or that the employers is hoping to employ you for as long as possible or at least as long as your PGWP is valid (ecourt date) but definitely over 6 months. The letter should indicate that you will be working remotely or the address of your offices if the job will return to the offices eventually. Would include the name of your manager, employer or HR director and contact information. There is a post somewhere on the forum the gives the exact details.

malacucu

Jul 9, 2021
You need more than your offer letter since not everyone starts the job they have an offer from.. You should get a new letter stating that you are now employed by company A as X on a full-time basis of hrs/wk and that you there is either an end date of X or that the employers is hoping to employ you for as long as possible or at least as long as your PGWP is valid (ecourt date) but definitely over 6 months. The letter should indicate that you will be working remotely or the address of your offices if the job will return to the offices eventually. Would include the name of your manager, employer or HR director and contact information. There is a post somewhere on the forum the gives the exact details.
I should have been more clearer than that. It is more like an employee agreement. It has all those mentioned details. The only problem is: it is digital, so im not too sure if a printout of this document is valid.