+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OHIP and EI after leaving the job during pregnancy

Aishsbs

Jun 8, 2023
Hi All,
I left my job during April due to pregnancy and came to my home country. I’m on my work permit, is there a chance I can apply for Ohip extension and EI without a job considering my medical conditions? If I go back to Canada?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,
I left my job during April due to pregnancy and came to my home country. I’m on my work permit, is there a chance I can apply for Ohip extension and EI without a job considering my medical conditions? If I go back to Canada?
What type of work permit do you have and when did it start and when does it expire? When you say you left your job did you quit? How pregnant are you? How long are you planning I’m on being abroad. What date did you leave Canada in April? A normal pregnancy is not typically considered a medical condition unless you have other serious medical issues resulting from the pregnancy or complications with your pregnancy which has resulted on you being on bed rest for example. When did you start working full-time? Do you have a spouse and does that spouse live in Canada? What is their status in Canada? If they have a work permit or student permit when did the permit start and when does it expire? When did you apply for OHIP and when did you receive OHIP?