+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Officially a March 2013 Inland Applicant :) (pics!) Who else??

MonikaR

Nov 28, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2013
AOR Received.
18-04-2013
Med's Done....
21-11-2012
Hi everyone!

Thanks to all your help, I was able to get my application in the mail last week! I've been super busy so I'm a little late here, but I had to celebrate ;D

In the end I didn't separate anything in my application (inland common-law) into different envelopes like I said I was planning to do. I used the document checklist, put that right on top, and then stacked everything else in the order of the checklist. It seems like the majority of people on here advised packing it that way. I did use paperclips and a couple of bulldog clips... mostly for my own sanity and organization. I did include an OWP application in a separate envelope. I didn't realize that to pay the work permit fee you had to request a form, then take that form/receipt to your bank... so I just didn't include the fee. I'm hoping they will either request it from me (assuming I'm approved for everything!! ::) ) or I will just reapply after I receive my AIP.

I weighed the whole thing- 2.6 pounds! Yep, I'm proud of it. And glad all those hundreds of pages aren't all over my living room anymore ;D

I packed it into a large office-style accordion envelope with a built in elastic band closure, and put the envelope into a Canada Post box (with some packing peanuts because I didn't want it to rattle around. I know, what could happen, it's a bunch of paper... but still.) and then sent the whole thing Express. It went out on the 20th and was received and signed for at Vegreville on the 22nd early in the morning.

So, that's that! Now the wait begins... I'm so excited!!

Here's some photos of my bundle of joy-

It looks so harmless in there!

I saw in a post a couple of weeks ago that someone on here had made a spreadsheet of 2013 inland applicants and their timelines? I would love to be a part of that if I could!

Also... does the "App filed" date in my profile mean the date I sent it in/it was received or something else entirely?

Thank you all again for keeping me sane and helping me through the process so far.

Now, I wait. 8)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
MonikaR said:
I saw in a post a couple of weeks ago that someone on here had made a spreadsheet of 2013 inland applicants and their timelines? I would love to be a part of that if I could!

Also... does the "App filed" date in my profile mean the date I sent it in/it was received or something else entirely?
Congrats on sending :)

You'll want to join this thread for Inland 2013 applicants, the spreadsheet is there. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inland-applications-2013-t129064.0.html

"App filed" generally refers to when they receive it, so the 22nd for you. Welcome to the waiting game!

MonikaR

Nov 28, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2013
AOR Received.
18-04-2013