Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
AOR Received.
14-07-2014
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
14-08-2014 ( Medical Received : 24-08-2014)
Interview........
RPRF : March 30th, 2015
Passport Req..
20-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
Guys, look what I found on the internet. Here is a document explaining the background checks by CIC .

http://fas.org/asmp/campaigns/control/Canadianexemptionsfoia/FOIA_4_22_05/P5HX.pdf

shaheryar_khan

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Jeddah- KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 14
Doc's Request.
PCC request 8 March 2017
AOR Received.
12 MARCH'15
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
Updated Doc Request: 18 Feb-2017
Suryak86 said:
Guys, look what I found on the internet. Here is a document explaining the background checks by CIC .

http://fas.org/asmp/campaigns/control/Canadianexemptionsfoia/FOIA_4_22_05/P5HX.pdf
The documents is only about background checks for applicant criminal records etc.

Suryak86

Sep 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
AOR Received.
14-07-2014
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
20-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
is that not part of the background checks? If not, what is the difference between background check and security check?

nkalra

Champion Member
Sep 8, 2011
Suryak86 said:
is that not part of the background checks? If not, what is the difference between background check and security check?
List goes on and on but in short. BG checks are more related to the checking and verifying the overall documentation you have submitted to CIC like your edu docs, degrees, marriage certs, most importantly your reference and JD letters. They will make sure the company you have claimed you really work for they have different ways they can do site visits, caling your employer or they can call you for interview also if they have any doubts or if the physical checks and other methods are not feasible etc...

SC checks are more closely refers to security checks, based on your PCC and your PP number and name they will look up in their criminal database if your name is listed any where, if you have been convicted ever in any country for anything like that... CIC have internal department called CBSA which does this type of SC checks for immigration purpose and others.

Reactions: dayocanny

Suryak86

Sep 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
AOR Received.
14-07-2014
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
20-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
In that case, what happens with PNP or QSW applicants? in my case, Quebec has already checked my documents, called me in for an interview and spoke to me about my experience. Would CIC go ahead and redo the checks all over again and delay the process?

nkalra

Champion Member
Sep 8, 2011
Suryak86 said:
In that case, what happens with PNP or QSW applicants? in my case, Quebec has already checked my documents, called me in for an interview and spoke to me about my experience. Would CIC go ahead and redo the checks all over again and delay the process?
Based on the short description you have given. I would say that if they interviewed you already and if you have the 2nd line in ECAS post interview you are good to go, most probably they will not do much related to your BG checks, I have seen in most cases post interview within 1-2 months one gets MR, but again it depends from case to case. Not intended to demoralize you just to give the facts there are people waiting for MR post interview even after 6 months as well.

Hopefully you will get it ASAP.

Suryak86

Sep 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
AOR Received.
14-07-2014
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
20-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
in my case, the CSQ given by quebec was given only after i gave an interview to a quebec immigration officer. this is different from cic. But they did ask me questions bout my work and everything I sent to them. So i was thinking pnp and qsw applicants will only have a medical and security check and not bg check.

shaheryar_khan

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Jeddah- KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 14
Doc's Request.
PCC request 8 March 2017
AOR Received.
12 MARCH'15
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
Updated Doc Request: 18 Feb-2017
nkalra said:
List goes on and on but in short. BG checks are more related to the checking and verifying the overall documentation you have submitted to CIC like your edu docs, degrees, marriage certs, most importantly your reference and JD letters. They will make sure the company you have claimed you really work for they have different ways they can do site visits, caling your employer or they can call you for interview also if they have any doubts or if the physical checks and other methods are not feasible etc...

SC checks are more closely refers to security checks, based on your PCC and your PP number and name they will look up in their criminal database if your name is listed any where, if you have been convicted ever in any country for anything like that... CIC have internal department called CBSA which does this type of SC checks for immigration purpose and others.
Agreed with Nkalra

Background checks is a much broader term , not only related to security checks. Any how thanks for the link.

Bablaa

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2015
nkalra said:

Hi,

While I await my ITA/NOI and I sit very quietly at 446, this question crossed my mind - whether CIC does a physical verification of EE candidates who are currently working for their family owned businesses too. In my knowledge, they are not doing many background checks for the people who are working for MNCs or other corporate houses. If yes, then what sort of verification is this - what do they check, company details, office, Tax returns etc. I am working for a Pvt. Ltd. firm owned by my father where I am a sales & marketing manager and thus my question.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: gaurul

vohra_Khan

Sep 13, 2017
Hi everyone,

can any body tell me How long it would take? .. My medical done on 3rd march 2017 . Application Submitted to CIC on 15th sep 2016. almost 8th months gone after medical. when i mailed to cic they told for BG checks. Plz any Idea??

gaurul

Aug 11, 2017
Hi,

While I await my ITA/NOI and I sit very quietly at 446, this question crossed my mind - whether CIC does a physical verification of EE candidates who are currently working for their family owned businesses too. In my knowledge, they are not doing many background checks for the people who are working for MNCs or other corporate houses. If yes, then what sort of verification is this - what do they check, company details, office, Tax returns etc. I am working for a Pvt. Ltd. firm owned by my father where I am a sales & marketing manager and thus my question.

Thanks in advance!
Did you get your PR ?? I am also working on my father's small firm as sales assistant.
I need some help. Can I have your e-mail address and number please?
My email id is gaurulc@gmail.com
91-9872326559